County of Simcoe

County of Simcoe Employee Reviews

Canada44 reviews

greatgoodworkjobworkingenjoybenefitpeople

Long Term Employee - I like it hear

Good place to work, awesome co-workers, employee recognition events, opportunities available for advancement and professional development opportunities available

Pros

Onsite cafeteria, free parking, flexible work hours, hybrid work available

Cons

Volume of work

Not a terrible job but do something else

It’s not a terrible job but some coworkers are arrogant, back stabbing, and condescending. Poor management/site supervisors” (4 of them) are highly overpaid and don’t care about employee conflicts or site problems. If you get hired here it will be an entry level position with 40 people higher than you on the solid waste management seniority list and you will have absolutely no job security. I do not recommend working here.

Pros

Good pay for the work

Cons

Toxic co workers, poor management, employees are not appreciated.very little job security

Insights into County of Simcoe

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Great employer

I enjoy working here. Good support from the management. Colleagues are friendly. There are opportunities for learning and County supports with the tuition program they have. Good benefits. I like the on site perks - gym, cafeteria. There is always something interesting happening - wellness challenges, team building events, etc.

Not a great place to work. Having worked in other levels of government and companies, I do not recommend this employer.

Some positives but the work culture and negativity amongst employees and management is more apparent the longer you work there. I would not Recommend a long stay. Not a professional approach to dealing with employees..

Normal office workplace

Nothing wild, as expected. Good pay and benefits, fair amount of time off. No serious concerns. I would work there again if I needed to. Really nice coworkers.

Great Place to Work!

I enjoy my work at the County and feel like I am contributing something meaningful. People are friendly and supportive and share an interest in working for the common good. We can see how our work has a direct impact on the residents of the County. I have had many opportunities to develop my skills and work on interesting projects. I enjoy my work (most days, lol). I really appreciate the flexibility of hybrid work.

Pros

Hybrid locations (part at home and part remote), very fair salaries, good benefits package, staff appreciation and recognition

Cons

High workloads

Very stressful place to work, not because of clients, but Micro management and lack of faith in Employees

If you want to work at the County do not become an Ontario Works caseworker, they pick and and choose who they want to advance, otherwise zero growth opportunities. Contrary to their recruitment ads, they lack diversity, with no visible minority in senior management. Their management believes they are above everyone else, they always to prove they are in charge. Don't even ask about your co-workers, they are as cold as the winters up in Barrie. Union is the worst in Ontario, they are all looking for managerial positions, so they wont fight for you.

Pros

Free parking, benefits

Cons

High turn over, Everything based on seniority, Micromanagement, lack of opportunities. lack of diversity. Lack of Genuine support, Management forget caseworkers are human. No work life balance.

Productiv but not fun

Issues with Harrassment that is Never Dealt with, and you are punished if you try to get help. It also feels like HR protects bad managers and does nothing to correct the issues brought forward

Job knowledge. Responsibilities taken away.

No support. Only negative support. Confused as to what the job entails. Job description changes without being notified. No meetings with foreman, only when something went wrong.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Bad hours. But livable.

Positive, safe environment

I love working at the County of Simcoe as a Logistics Technician for the paramedics. It's unfortunate that the policy regarding certain medical procedures has forced me on unpaid leave. I am hopeful this will soon be corrected!

Dont trust anyone you work with even management

Very toxic, management does not care, co workers just talk about everyone behind their backs, even management. You do not get any perks that the office staff have.

Pros

There really arent any

Cons

The whole solid waste dept.

Worked part time in Service Simcoe. Excellent supervisor and fantastic manager. Hours, wage, job role were all wonderful. Only wished I hadn’t moved out of the area, as I would have stayed. Loved my job

Pros

Wage, hours, management

Cons

Working the weekends with no one else in the office other than my partner

Very ittle training. Much confusion amongst management. Policies & Procedures confusing, with no manual to refer to, Constant emails that you can't get through with the phones ringing non stop. Emails containing pertinent information. Very sneaky and underhanded when it comes to hiring full time, mainly the favourites get the job. Lots of gossiping and talking behind peoples back. Force you to work when sick. Lots to say, but I'll stop there.

Pros

Money

Cons

not treated equal

Not a good employer

Worked there several years & it was a very stressful environment & management was very racist &judgmental. As a person of colour I did not feel welcome I felt as if I was always less of a worker then everyone else. When I brought it forward several times I was dismissed by management. A formal complaint has been lodged.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Security and u ion doesn’t do anything

Negative Work Environment

Long hours that were not compensated, promised to be mentored and instead thrown in the deep end and left to drown. Work place culture is toxic; no positive feedback or encouragement. Management not willing to move forward and desire employees that will not question things or have new ideas. If they do not like you for what ever the reason they will find a way to force you out the door instead of firing you. They encourage their management to use bullying and intimidating tactics to get what they want. High turn over of leadership in certain sectors.

Benefits

Cons

non supportive collegaues, dishonest management

Great people and good package. It's one of the best Organisation to work with because the management team are on top of their game. Positive work culture

Constantly surrounded by kind and hard-working people

My experience was nothing but positive at this organization. The employers and co-workers are all motivated, easy-going and kind. The tasks are physically challenging, but the collaborative atmosphere makes working fun and worthwhile.

Workplace

I was working with them as a Research Assistant. The work Culture is nice and quiet. People at The County of Simcoe are very friendly. Since day one you will feel like home. Working with them was a very rewarding thing for me.

Generally positive experience.

Work culture was fairly positive. Benefits and pension were a plus but maybe a little behind other municipal bodies. I felt the pay level was substandard for the industry.

Competitive salary, good benefits, pension and nionized work environment. Management style is heavily influenced and guided by municipal, provincial and federal government policies.

competitive wages

Over all great place to work with competitive wages. It can be stressful as it is very fast paced but it is worth it as the extra hours are available if wanted and the wages are competitive. Very professional place to work.

Cons

fast-paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at County of Simcoe. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement