County of Simcoe

County of Simcoe Employee Reviews

Great people and good package. It's one of the best Organisation to work with because the management team are on top of their game. Positive work culture
Very ittle training. Much confusion amongst management. Policies & Procedures confusing, with no manual to refer to, Constant emails that you can't get through with the phones ringing non stop. Emails containing pertinent information. Very sneaky and underhanded when it comes to hiring full time, mainly the favourites get the job. Lots of gossiping and talking behind peoples back. Force you to work when sick. Lots to say, but I'll stop there.
Pros
Money
Cons
not treated equal
Worked there several years & it was a very stressful environment & management was very racist &judgmental. As a person of colour I did not feel welcome I felt as if I was always less of a worker then everyone else. When I brought it forward several times I was dismissed by management. A formal complaint has been lodged.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Security and u ion doesn’t do anything
Long hours that were not compensated, promised to be mentored and instead thrown in the deep end and left to drown. Work place culture is toxic; no positive feedback or encouragement. Management not willing to move forward and desire employees that will not question things or have new ideas. If they do not like you for what ever the reason they will find a way to force you out the door instead of firing you. They encourage their management to use bullying and intimidating tactics to get what they want. High turn over of leadership in certain sectors.
Benefits
Cons
non supportive collegaues, dishonest management
My experience was nothing but positive at this organization. The employers and co-workers are all motivated, easy-going and kind. The tasks are physically challenging, but the collaborative atmosphere makes working fun and worthwhile.
I was working with them as a Research Assistant. The work Culture is nice and quiet. People at The County of Simcoe are very friendly. Since day one you will feel like home. Working with them was a very rewarding thing for me.
Work culture was fairly positive. Benefits and pension were a plus but maybe a little behind other municipal bodies. I felt the pay level was substandard for the industry.
Competitive salary, good benefits, pension and nionized work environment. Management style is heavily influenced and guided by municipal, provincial and federal government policies.
Over all great place to work with competitive wages. It can be stressful as it is very fast paced but it is worth it as the extra hours are available if wanted and the wages are competitive. Very professional place to work.
Cons
fast-paced
I really enjoyed the small gym facility offered at the administration centre. This job allowed for a great learning experience for me. The staff I worked with in the HR department were all very friendly and easy to work with.
Long term care is,stressful anywhere you go and the County is no different. The staff are great and they offer good support. They also have great education and learning opportunities for your advancement in the company
Employees are far over worked or have to work short a lot which creates stress and tension. Pay is decent. Hours are pretty crazy and all over - hard to balance Some management is great and involved. Residents are well taken care of and cared about. Good/hard working employees
Pros
knowing youre providing good care, decent pay
Cons
stress and tension, hard to balance
Great place to work, was treated great by management and other employees. They would work with me with any time off needed, and appreciated the work you put in. I will try and pursue a full time job there eventually as their culture is fantastic.
Pros
Work environment, management, culture, incentives, benefits
I have enjoyed working at Simcoe County for the past 16 years. They have treated me very well, and have great benefits and compensation. I would highly recommend working for Simcoe County
Pros
Good compensation / benefits
Cons
Shift work
A great place to work, I felt at home, useful and wanted, even as just a coop student. I really hope that I can find myself a place to work just as wonderful as this!
It was an awesome experience to work with friendly and nice people around at Human Resources Department at Simcoe County. All employees are very professional and I enjoyed working with them.
I love this job ! the management and my team are compared to non. I have the ability to share my knowledge and that knowledge is respected and used in all situations. The support given by my supervising nurses is like non I have ever had in my 18 years of working as a PSW. The training I receive is above all that I have ever gotten in all my years in health care. Our job focus is behaviors in LTC, but the training we receive is broad training for all aspects of the residents that we deal with. This is truly my dream job and I am so grateful to have been chosen to join the team.
Pros
a valued part of the team
Cons
Pay isnt compareable to LTC
a very enjoyable workplace knowledgable and great management happy and productive workers clean work area with no hazards updated and great equipment
Patrolled for 8-12 hours in winter, when necessary called out the plow drivers. Enjoyed the work and most of the other employees. Mostly midnight shifts.
great people to work with on a daily basis while not being over worked they understand the capabilities of individuals. While in saying that one must put forth proficient effort for their approval.
Pros
working outside
Cons
locations are akward
Great company to work for! Great management. Always willing to help you learn and gain as much experience as possible. Great group of guys to work with!
  1. Employee reviews