County of Simcoe

County of Simcoe Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
Great people and good package. It's one of the best Organisation to work with because the management team are on top of their game. Positive work culture
Constantly surrounded by kind and hard-working people
My experience was nothing but positive at this organization. The employers and co-workers are all motivated, easy-going and kind. The tasks are physically challenging, but the collaborative atmosphere makes working fun and worthwhile.
Workplace
I was working with them as a Research Assistant. The work Culture is nice and quiet. People at The County of Simcoe are very friendly. Since day one you will feel like home. Working with them was a very rewarding thing for me.
Generally positive experience.
Work culture was fairly positive. Benefits and pension were a plus but maybe a little behind other municipal bodies. I felt the pay level was substandard for the industry.
Competitive salary, good benefits, pension and nionized work environment. Management style is heavily influenced and guided by municipal, provincial and federal government policies.
competitive wages
Over all great place to work with competitive wages. It can be stressful as it is very fast paced but it is worth it as the extra hours are available if wanted and the wages are competitive. Very professional place to work.
Cons
fast-paced
Great facility and job stability
I really enjoyed the small gym facility offered at the administration centre. This job allowed for a great learning experience for me. The staff I worked with in the HR department were all very friendly and easy to work with.
Love the job
Long term care is,stressful anywhere you go and the County is no different. The staff are great and they offer good support. They also have great education and learning opportunities for your advancement in the company
Not a bad place to be part time or casual
Employees are far over worked or have to work short a lot which creates stress and tension.
Pay is decent.

Hours are pretty crazy and all over - hard to balance

Some management is great and involved.

Residents are well taken care of and cared about.

Good/hard working employees
Pros
knowing youre providing good care, decent pay
Cons
stress and tension, hard to balance
Excellent place to work, even for a temp contract
Great place to work, was treated great by management and other employees. They would work with me with any time off needed, and appreciated the work you put in.

I will try and pursue a full time job there eventually as their culture is fantastic.
Pros
Work environment, management, culture, incentives, benefits
Great employer to work for
I have enjoyed working at Simcoe County for the past 16 years. They have treated me very well, and have great benefits and compensation. I would highly recommend working for Simcoe County
Pros
Good compensation / benefits
Cons
Shift work
A friendly environment fit for anyone willing to lend a hand
A great place to work, I felt at home, useful and wanted, even as just a coop student. I really hope that I can find myself a place to work just as wonderful as this!
The best place to work
It was an awesome experience to work with friendly and nice people around at Human Resources Department at Simcoe County. All employees are very professional and I enjoyed working with them.
great team
I love this job ! the management and my team are compared to non. I have the ability to share my knowledge and that knowledge is respected and used in all situations. The support given by my supervising nurses is like non I have ever had in my 18 years of working as a PSW. The training I receive is above all that I have ever gotten in all my years in health care. Our job focus is behaviors in LTC, but the training we receive is broad training for all aspects of the residents that we deal with. This is truly my dream job and I am so grateful to have been chosen to join the team.
Pros
a valued part of the team
Cons
Pay isnt compareable to LTC
enjoyable workplace
a very enjoyable workplace
knowledgable and great management

happy and productive workers

clean work area with no hazards

updated and great equipment
Good job working there.
Patrolled for 8-12 hours in winter, when necessary called out the plow drivers. Enjoyed the work and most of the other employees. Mostly midnight shifts.
great learning experience
great people to work with on a daily basis while not being over worked they understand the capabilities of individuals. While in saying that one must put forth proficient effort for their approval.
Pros
working outside
Cons
locations are akward
Great Company
Great company to work for! Great management. Always willing to help you learn and gain as much experience as possible. Great group of guys to work with!
Productive and fun workplace with great team
County of Simcoe is a productive and fun workplace with great team. (Almost) Weekly treats were brought in for developers to enjoy!
Great team! Great supervisors!
the County of Simcoe like any other employer has good and bad employees. The group
Of people I worked with were great and truly looked forward to going to work!
Pros
Team members
Cons
salary not at par with other municipalities; no support for professional development, hard to advance, no mentorship. Too many politics
Fulfilling place of employment with lots of interaction with people
This position had a high level of confidentiality required in working with upper management and in an environment of unionized staff. Responsible as Assistant to the Administrator and 5-7 Managers needs.

Constant management meetings required recording of minutes daily, processing and distribution to appropriate members.

Developed a new filing system as required by the Government changing from paper to an electronic system. Took 1 yr to develop and a lot of care to assure all documentation from all management had been captured for future reference.

Liaison for staff and HR when they had questions or problems requiring confidentiality.

Received calls of complaint from clients wanting higher level review of their case capturing all of their information without partiality and placement with proper management for followup. This required diplomacy as well as accuracy of recording the information.

Before retiring stepped down into Social Housing doing clerical recording of clients information into the computer program which deemed eligibility. Also helped develop policies and procedures for this new division for management.

Left to retire and took on part time work. There were no part time opportunities in the Social Services.
Pros
excellent benefits, good friendships developed inside and outside of work place
Cons
stressful at times