County of Lambton

County of Lambton Employee Reviews

Not enough staff for the residents. Very exhausting. Always working short and the phone never stops ringing for call ins. I enjoyed the residents and the staff but the management was less than to be desired.
Awesome place to work, good pay, benefits and people....including management. I've been there 20 years and I consider myself very blessed to be working there.The staff are second to none.
Pros
Very flexible, good pay, great opportunities for advancement
Cons
stressful at time, but well worth it.
You are warned right at the interview that the staff is ‘catty’. Management’s words, verbatim. You do not know who to to trust and the people you are warned about are absolutely the folks you want to avoid. The citizens are great and the support staff (kitchen, maintenance, etc are wonderful people). The full time staff with seniority are petty, vindictive, and break safety rules daily. STAY AWAY!
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Weak union, bullies for staff, deplorable HR
No over time pay Forced to bank overtime. On call twice as much as advertised. Foreman level 2 micromanges and controlling. High turnover rate, unskilled management. Misled and lied to right from the interview forward. Strongly would recommend if your a leader go elsewhere. Stuck in old school ways and blind to the blind to reality.
Pros
Free Gatorade 2 times a year
Cons
Management stuck in 1980
It is a warm place, everyone is welcoming and friendly. Just that it is difficult to sometimes cope up with the smells and sights around. I am getting to learn a lot irrespective.
Such a great place to work for, everyone there is so helpful and nice. Easy and laid back job. Love to go back, boss is amazing, co-workers were great and you get to meet some amazing old people there!
There is an under lying culture of bullying rampant in the County. If you are apart of the right group you are ok. If you are not then you will be talked about, you will be isolated. It happens in all levels of employment. Managers and other leaders go along with the majority, ultimately continuing the isolation and bullying. People were friendly, the job was fantastic. Pay was excellent. But ultimately the stress of the culture forced me to find something else.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Poor Leadership
It was good to make extra money at first. I enjoyed getting to have experience with kids and interact with them while gaining the trust of parents so I would get more experience.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No backup for kids
Working for private people is enjoyable as you set your own standards and help the kids stay organized feel accomplished then having fun with them is great to build relationships
Pros
Free food, have fun with kids
Cons
Kids can sometimes be moody and not listen to you
Different locations for job sites with a high paced work atmosphere. Construction road crew that performs the removal and replacement of sanitary, storm and sewer drain systems to residentail and commercial areas.
Pros
Excellent learning environment
Cons
seasonal work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at County of Lambton?
I liked working everyday over there and the Boss is super friendly. All the necessary training was provided and every one was very cooperative to begin with
Pros
Growth and great salary
Cons
no job security
Fast paced environment Above average communication skills required Dealing with Difficult people Very strong team environment Learnt a lot about Policy and Procedures
I was responsible for the delivery of children serivces, child care subsidies, wage subsidies, special needs resources, resource centre funding, Best Start funding, and programming and services at a directly operated Child Care program. I was accountable for a departmental budget over $17 million dollars, adminstration of policies and procedures respective to children and youth services and the supervision of 39 staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to assess the impacts of emerging change of a complex service system and provide strategic direction for local program delivery and community planning!
  1. Employee reviews