County of Grande Prairie No. 1

County of Grande Prairie No. 1 Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews

Forward-thinking organization that provides training and advancement for those who want to move forward or to different departments.

The County has given me the opportunity to broaden my work experience and grow in my personal and professional development. They are encouraging when staff desire to be better and give everyone ample opportunity to advance themselves.

Pros

Large organization with a number of employees willing to help each other out, open staff and management make conversations easy.

Cons

People forget that we are a municipal government organization, have a responsibility to our ratepayers (residential, industrial and commercial) regarding operations, budgeting, staffing, policies and advocacy.

one of the worst employers in AB

The turn over at the county of Grande Prairie is the highest I have ever seen Inequity in pay and a toxic work environment make it a very hard place to work.

benefits

Cons

bullying and harrassment

Insights into County of Grande Prairie No. 1

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

Great people and training is the best

I am currently a station Captain with fire services. They trusted me to run the hall and crew. The training in the fire service through the county of Grande Prairie is very well done.

Excellent company to work for

Loved my job. Just relocated back home due to family. Willing to be retrained in new area .excellent job and people to work for . I was a care taker for Pipestone Creek park and Campground. For 9 yr.Responsable for daily operations responsibility for summer employee. All supplies needed , maintenance (general). Great upper management.

An amazing summer student position

The work environment was extremely positive and enjoyable. Management was great - felt well taken care of. Experiences and advancement was up to you - I really enjoyed being able to contribute positively to the company!

Pros

Great hours, great experiences, enjoyable staff and management

Productive workspace and hardworking

We maintain cemeteries, this included mowing and trimming grass around graves. This job was very hardworking and the crew was amazing, I always looked forward to coming to work.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at County of Grande Prairie No. 1. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement