COUNTRY STYLE Employee Reviews

worked in coffee shop
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 May 2019
this job was all about customer service. i really liked working with the people and everyday was different. the hardest part of the job was once a month you had to do an overnight shift
fun workplace
Cashier - Drive Thru Attendant - Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON3 May 2019
I had a good time working there and the coworkers were friendly
it was a good place to work, the only thing that I wasn't happy about, was My schedule and not having enough hours.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
not having enough hours
Relatively relaxed but had its stressful moments
Barista (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 April 2019
The store was either very quiet with up to ten customers an hour, or it was a rush and the staff was overwhelmed because we were short-staffed. Overall the management was nice, but schedules were often changing and we were often short-staffed
Pros
half off any food items
Cons
management and scheduling was poor
Productive and Fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2019
Friendly, supportive, understanding staff and co-workers. It was always a pleasure being a part of country style as working there helped me boosting my personality and I learned how to deal with customers.
Calm environment during evening but a lot pf pressure during rushes
Baker and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 April 2019
It was an okay atmosphere. The people were kind and understand although talking about others personal lives was not something i was too keen on. All in all an average experience.
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 January 2019
The company went out of business so what i say is irrelevant. The experience was typical with most fast food places. Hot with fast then slow periods with short break periods.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON21 November 2018
Before Country Style was taken over again by head office and then reopened under a new owner, It was absolutely horrible. Horrible management, owners, only 2 staff members myself included. The owners were very very rude and unwilling to help their case. Sad I wasnt called back once the store reopened
productive work environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 November 2018
productive work environment; the staff were knowledgable and knew how to train. a lot of customer were regulars and you got used to there orders, made work easy.
great place to work, met a lot of terrific people
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Capreol, ON16 May 2018
brewed coffee, restocked food,beverages and baked goods, took out garbage, served customers both in store and via drive through, also clerked in convenience store attached , balanced cash, swept and washed floors daily, washed dishes. hardest part of job was taking out trash. best part of job was meeting customers and knowing they were satisfied.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
heavy lifting (trash loaded with used coffee filters)
Ok
Coffee maker / sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Carbonear, NL17 April 2018
Place was ok, not great co workers or management tho, not a good spot for a student , probably wouldnt recomend to any of my friends if they are students
fine work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 April 2018
it was busy every time
but enjoy work there.
good amount of salary
love to talk with customers
good colleagues
cleanliness every time.
no hectic that much..
Pros
free coffee
Its a job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE29 March 2018
It is a great first job, especially if you are still in school, or a good second job for some extra cash. Good work atmosphere except where they don't listen to employee suggestions and cut corners to make a few more cents here and there.
Awesome job
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, ON26 March 2018
Loved this job for short term employment. Great management and great products making it easy to both work there and give your best performance. Minimal wage increase opportunities.
Pros
Keep your tips
Cons
Offers no benefits
Great work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON11 February 2018
The staff is amazing, great loyal costumers that get to know you. The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing costumers happy and sadisfied. Management was flexible and reasonable.
Pros
Free coffee, Cookies, Donutes
Productive and fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 February 2018
This country style was located in an community centre therefore resulting in many different activities to take part in and interact with. Also meaning that a lot of customers will be coming at all times making the place busy. Saying this I have learned time management and how to take care of things quickly. Family owned business resulted in a lot of benefits making the job very fun.
good workplace
Counter Help (Current Employee) –  2 east beaver creek road richmond hill , ON L3B2N38 February 2018
in country style, i work as a counter help. inaddition, i bake food and serve customers. Country style i work very hard so evryone appritiate my good work.
fast paced
Baker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Schomberg, ON6 February 2018
ever changing work environment. Customers always keep you on your toes. Most staff were fun to work with. A lot is expected for the rate of pay. Never get full time status even if you work full time hours.
Cashier, Dishwasher, Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON29 January 2018
Great place to work, easy going manager.
Busiest time is during morning and lunch time.
Great scheduling
Benefits are alright
hours are good, work anywhere from 5-8 hours
Friendly Customers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 January 2018
Fast paced and friendly costumers made my days very enjoyable. My staff was full of very hard working employees and positive environment, made lots of friends working there.
A busy and fast-pace workplace.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2018
A typical day at work would include preparing the coffee and organizing the bakery, and assigning tasks to my fellow employees. What I have learnt during this job are management skills, responsibility for others, and efficiently completing tasks. As Assistant Manager I worked closely with my manager as we got along and helped delicate tasks such as creating a schedule and completing the necessary orders.