Country Inns & Suites

Country Inns & Suites Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Housekeeper9 reviews
Canada9 reviews
I liked working there. Could have been a lot more easy going as I lost my boyfriend, passed away. Missed a shift and without written warning dismissed me.
I was a housekeeper for a year at my local hotel. I learned quickly that favoritism is huge there and if you didn't follow that you were not liked and treated poorly. Two girls, Amber and Ashley were allowed to steal (from me)and get away with it. Management says "they will deal with it " and never did. The housekeeping manager brings weed to work for the employees and sells her own prescription drugs to them as well. STAY CLEAR OF THIS TOXIC HOTEL!
Pros
Cons
Terrible staff and management
Positive work environment. Good team of employees. Hotel is well managed. Staff are friendly and caring. Good family environment. safe and clean environment.
I love my job. Management always takes any concerns seriously and tries to fix problems in a timely manner . Good communication with all team members . Dont have many negative things to say about this company.
Pros
Good pay
Dealing with different guests are exciting and fun. Management are good, they treat all the staffs fair and good. They even have incentives and quarterly evaluation for the staff.
I think it begins with management. She never interacts with anyone unless it absolutely necessary. No one gets appreciation from any direction. There is no extra help when needed. There's no appreciation week. No one is taught social skills. Employees need to stay in their own department and do their own job. There is no meetings. To many chiefs not enough Indians. This place is not stable to work in. The executive housekeeper is not keeping private information to herself. Which is a no no. She doesn't tell the manager everything. The manager doesn't see everything and or doesn't know all the truth... they need to see the real deal what's going on..People leave because of this ! Team work includes everyone including executive housekeeping too.!!!! Practice what you preach. If the vacuums are junk then it's more time consuming. She didn't tell anyone that another company came in with country and suites.When a couple a ladies came in for a meeting the management pretended she did...no she did not. She was lieing...no comments. No communication. Like always. She doesn't want to spend money to make money.
Pros
Some co workers friendly
Cons
Need team and all treated fair, a raise..needs vacuums .not useless junk. Gossip and paranoia.
I really liked this job and I've learned so much but the only downfall is the staff were rude, talked behind my back, and yelled at me if something went wrong and rushed me most of the time.
Pros
Free lunches, loved cleaning, learned something new everyday
Cons
Rude staff, being rushed, being talked about all the time, not enough hours
Fun and energetic employees.
Approachable management.

I worked hard for the money I made

I went home at end of day in a good mood
Pros
great employees
Cons
unforgiving work schedule
Working there was more stressful than anything I've ever experienced. The management was horrible for communicating with and made things a lot more difficult than they needed to be.
I learned a lot about teamwork and how a team SHOULD NOT work. I learned that communication is key and that you need to be clear and precise with instructions. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to clean a lot, which is something I really enjoy. But for the most part, I was very unhappy at work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Country Inns & Suites?