Country Inns & Suites

Country Inns & Suites Employee Reviews

Mostly pros, one huge con
I really enjoyed working here. Good atmosphere, staff was great to work with, the pay was very acceptable and the building itself is in decent shape.

I won’t beat around the bush - I was the Executive Housekeeper at this property for a few months. At first, it was fantastic until I realized that the General Manager was very intimidating, abusive and confrontational. No matter what or did or how I performed it was never enough. Now, this is fair because everybody can improve but as soon as the GM realized I wasn’t going to abuse my staff and force them to work when they were sick, I was no longer “management material”. I hope he reads this, and realizes that a manager is only as good as his team - and if they’re all miserable, it will reflect management and more importantly, the guest.

I would highly suggest working at a different hotel, despite Country Inn being a very good brand. It’s that one rotten apple that spoils the whole bunch.
Housekeeping
I liked working there. Could have been a lot more easy going as I lost my boyfriend, passed away. Missed a shift and without written warning dismissed me.
Extreme pressure
Too much fast paced ,literally horrible.they do not give u full time .its just part time work.they just manage their job .overall,supervision is friendly .
Pros
Friendly supervis
Cons
Too much fast paced
Unfortunate
Don’t work here. My husband worked in management. He was offered a wonderful salary. One he couldn’t refuse to support his family. He has worked nothing but hard for his employer. Never called in sick. Never late. The owner hired him for the summer bc he had no one to run the department. As soon as the summer died down he fired him days from his probation. This company will only use and abuse you.
producive work place
Positive work environment. Good team of employees. Hotel is well managed. Staff are friendly and caring. Good family environment. safe and clean environment.
Great company to work for
I love my job. Management always takes any concerns seriously and tries to fix problems in a timely manner . Good communication with all team members . Dont have many negative things to say about this company.
Pros
Good pay
Productive work place
Dealing with different guests are exciting and fun. Management are good, they treat all the staffs fair and good. They even have incentives and quarterly evaluation for the staff.
Best
Its very good expreance for my taning

I am learn for how do next job and next work how to camplit its very good exaprance . I will did traning in all department fist I did for House keeping I will working for 12 overs and I will did for 2 motjs in house keeping only its good expreance . next I will did for front office its good experience . next I will did restorent it's my pevret job for me ets very good experience .

Next I will join for kitchen its good expreance .
Good
Good
I love this hotel
This is the very first company in Winnipeg that treasure us, They love all their employees, benefits is really awesome, Management really care and look after their associates and people.
Fun Work place and Challenging
Working with this company is a great opportunity to enhance your knowledge and skills in Hospitality Business. I have learned many things since day one until now. I truly believed that working experience here is a learning process everyday. Associates are helpful and knows how to deal with all the people in different walks of life. The hardest part of my job is to deal with the different issues from the guests. I know that is normal because we can not please everyone. But despite of that, we can easily solve problems because we work together with Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Entrepreneur.
Negative. More communication. Respect.
I think it begins with management. She never interacts with anyone unless it absolutely necessary. No one gets appreciation from any direction. There is no extra help when needed. There's no appreciation week. No one is taught social skills. Employees need to stay in their own department and do their own job. There is no meetings. To many chiefs not enough Indians. This place is not stable to work in. The executive housekeeper is not keeping private information to herself. Which is a no no. She doesn't tell the manager everything. The manager doesn't see everything and or doesn't know all the truth... they need to see the real deal what's going on..People leave because of this ! Team work includes everyone including executive housekeeping too.!!!! Practice what you preach. If the vacuums are junk then it's more time consuming. She didn't tell anyone that another company came in with country and suites.When a couple a ladies came in for a meeting the management pretended she did...no she did not. She was lieing...no comments. No communication. Like always. She doesn't want to spend money to make money.
Pros
Some co workers friendly
Cons
Need team and all treated fair, a raise..needs vacuums .not useless junk. Gossip and paranoia.
Think Better Be Happy
It's fun working in hospitality field. Where you get to meet & greet new people on daily bases bit challenging but still lot's to learn. You can encounter bad days but you gotta let it go with your smile on face be positive and confident never loose your professionalism no matter how hard the situation is.
Fun workplace, supportive management
Excellent place to work, good management and great co-workers. I had a lot of fun and learned so many things, I'm so grateful.
good management
nice people, has teamwork

This relaxed hotel is 1.2 km from Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport, 4.8 km from the Winnipeg Art Gallery and 6 km from Assiniboine Park Zoo.

Modest rooms come with microwaves, minifridges and coffeemakers, as well as free Wi-Fi and 94-cm flat-screens. Suites add pull-out sofas and wet bars.

A hot breakfast buffet and parking are complimentary, as are 24-hour snacks and coffee. A patio offers BBQ grills. Other amenities include a fitness room, a business centre and a book library.
fun and enjoyable place to work
the management team was easy to get along with and so was the other staff. always had something to do in down times. The system was easy to learn and easy to work with.
Loved housekeeping
I really liked this job and I've learned so much but the only downfall is the staff were rude, talked behind my back, and yelled at me if something went wrong and rushed me most of the time.
Pros
Free lunches, loved cleaning, learned something new everyday
Cons
Rude staff, being rushed, being talked about all the time, not enough hours
Frustrating and Honestly not a great place to work
A typical day at work basically consists of trying to get the basic check in and out done but also cleaning up messes and completing things for other staff members as no on is properly trained and managment dosent take the time nor will they.
Cons
Long hours, Short staffed, No cover for shifts, Work 6 day weeks.
Good Spot to work
Fun and energetic employees.
Approachable management.

I worked hard for the money I made

I went home at end of day in a good mood
Pros
great employees
Cons
unforgiving work schedule
Work environment is good
Fast paced at check out times. Overwhelming when you line up of people checking in and out. Need to know current events in your city to pass on to guests.
Terrible management
Working there was more stressful than anything I've ever experienced. The management was horrible for communicating with and made things a lot more difficult than they needed to be.
I learned a lot about teamwork and how a team SHOULD NOT work. I learned that communication is key and that you need to be clear and precise with instructions. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to clean a lot, which is something I really enjoy. But for the most part, I was very unhappy at work.
poor place to work!
poor place to work, not allow to have coffee break's, they keep giving more than you get done in a day!, manager kept changing time worked, shorting me pay!
Cons
room cleaners get payed more work less! $12hr