Counter Intelligence Merchandising Inc.
Counter Intelligence Merchandising Inc. Employee Review

Not great

9 July 2019
First of all another review said good discounts? Never in 5 years did I receive anything other than the pay -no products or discounts - do not expect that!

For years I was satisfied with the few stores I had. I did P/T hours which were flexible around my other job. I would have stayed had I been allowed to continue as I had, however they changed their business model and expected me to travel around an "area" though that always changed and more was always expected as they are constantly understaffed. In the end I quit, it was no longer as flexible as I needed, much much more was expected than when I started - it was a very stressful environment. Even when you do more to make up for lack of staff, supervisory role, store issues, traffic problems, and the many other issues that may delay the completion of a job they will still blame staff for not doing enough - they take no responsibility and show no appreciation.

Everything is very disorganized as the supervisor left a few years ago and they never replaced her - now you have to go through someone in Quebec who has no understanding of the area challenges and is grossly overworked. New people are expected to train with the experience staff on the job whether you like it or not.

No vacation unless you can find someone to replace you - I took no time off in 5 years. I was told there were no pay increases even when the work changed and was offered no reimbursement for added travel while others were.
Pros
You can say no to work as you are considered self employed
Cons
too much responsibility, too much travel, understaffed, no respect
17 May 2020
It was great working with the company. Easy jobs, easy scheduling. Fun working with team lead and supervisor. Paid traveling and hourly wage is good enough however work shall be given more.
21 December 2019
Same location
Need stores close together cause there’s too much driving and traffic in the lower mainland and you don’t get paid for travel time so it doesn’t really make it worth it
2 April 2020
It has its busy times and it's slow times like anything else. Hours can not be guaranteed as it really depends on the projects they have going on and or at hand. Otherwise, I love it!
Pros
You can work whenever you can
Cons
When it slows down there is not a lot of work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Counter Intelligence Merchandising Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7