Counter Intelligence Merchandising Inc.

Counter Intelligence Merchandising Inc. Employee Reviews for Merchandiser

Merchandiser20 reviews
Canada20 reviews
Featured review
Counter Intelligence Merchandising Inc. selected this as a representative review
I was able to earn some extra cash by working in different shifts. Had a chance to learning problem solving skills under my manager's supervision. friendly environment
It has its busy times and it's slow times like anything else. Hours can not be guaranteed as it really depends on the projects they have going on and or at hand. Otherwise, I love it!
Pros
You can work whenever you can
Cons
When it slows down there is not a lot of work.
Something a little different with every job we did, all team members were helpful and understanding, management was great. Supervisor was a phone call away to answer any questions. Pay was fair. Transit/Gas reimbursement. Very organized with all the paperwork we needed. Online system is a little dated but easy to navigate.
Horrible training, bad co workers, gossip and lying with management. Not good pay, you work way more than you are paid for and will get fired if you don't agree with them.
I would recommend working for Counter Intelligence. It's a fun and enjoyable place to work. Easy to talk to Management. The pay could be more. Management is very helpful.
Need stores close together cause there’s too much driving and traffic in the lower mainland and you don’t get paid for travel time so it doesn’t really make it worth it
Poor training, poor systems, no feedback...
Unorganized and poorly run organization. They hire contractors (e.g. don't take deductions, no benefits, no job security) but they treat you like you are on retainer. They expect instant responses to their needs but are unresponsive to yours. They never ask for feedback. They are paid by the suppliers, so treat the retailers terribly, leaving the merchandisers to deal with it.

They are the WORST communicators I have ever experienced. I receive at least one email every second day - oftentimes ones that don't pertain to me because they are too lazy to create accurate mailing lists. Other times the same info two or three times. They bombard you with unnecessary paperwork. I could go on and on and on.... the WORST!

For there info, ALL BOLD CAPS in an email means you are screaming at people! And if you include ALL CAPS, red text, red bold text, all CAPS bold, bold underline, and yellow highlight all in the same email, what exactly is the important point you want people to focus on???
Great company to work for that allowed you to work your own hours around your own schedule. The training they provided was great that allowed you to be confident in your work.
Flexible schedule with busy periods and slow periods.. management and supervisors are professional and accessible. Pay rate is minimum wage for continuity work, slightly higher for relines. Overall a good place to work if you are not looking for a full time fixed salary position.
If you're looking for some extra income and want flexibility in hours, this is a good job for you. If you're interested in advancing with a company and a full-time career, not so much.
The Counter Intelligence is organized for a 3rd party merchandising company.
Good people to work with, when doing re-lines in teams.

Like the access to my schedule on the web.

Pay is fair during the reline season.

If you know planograms it's a good job.
Hired based on having 2 or 3 full days a week of availability. But never got any actual hours for reset season because they want you available for 5 days a week and want you at their beckon call for only Min. Wage job. Was a waste of time to get set up on payroll and never got any hours. Have over 12 years of merchandising experience with planograms etc and never got any hours. Have been working for 2 other merchandising companies and getting more than enough hours now.
Pros
Could be flexible if you actually got hours
Cons
No hours even have after promised hours
Training is non existent. Min contact with management. No leadership. I 've done merchandising jobs for years and never had such little contact with anyone.
Pros
Havent found any
Cons
If you want to work and not get paid for your time this is the job for you. Supervisor is a joke and slag their staff off constantly. First day I was given a huge amount of calls as another staff had walked out and not given them notice. Supervisor told me she was going on vacation so to get on with it. Then the constant slagging off her staff made me well aware this company is not for me. Stay well away from this company if you have any SELF RESPECT.
Pros
Cons
Not paid for work you do
working with people and solo
learnt to deal with problems on my own

loved seeing and putting out the new product

loved working at my own schedual with having family
Pros
work at your own schedual
Cons
not enough work
a easy position involving doing planograms for various retail locations. it had me doing this planograms of all the surrey area. i did not have many interactions with management although from what co workers said they seemed like good people.
Cons
hard to travel to certain locations
I worked for them until I was I guess fired due to never receiving my schedule. Was lied to when told it was upcoming. Rude know it all merchandisers who bully and make you feel inadequate if you don't work their pace and do things their way.

Gossips throughout among the leads against other team member leading to non hours.
Pros
paid travel
Cons
let go without being told, gossip merchandisers
My experience was that the women in this company discriminate others, gossip, and overall are just insecure.
The job is a no brainer.

The pay is average.

Would not work for them or recommend others.
For now min wage $14 too much responsibility ridiculous expectations
Relines you're paid more but not enough on the day to day you can't live off this is not at all feesible if you require a steady wage
Pros
make ypur own schedule
Cons
Dm, Accoubt managers too annoying, constantly changing the set-up, need a more consistent directive, unrealistic time lines for products
I enjoyed working for Counter Intelligence because they gave me the choice of which 3 days a week I worked as long as I met deadlines and goals for the week. I created good working relationships with store managers that allowed me my job effectively. I was able to submit my paperwork online from the comfort of my own home. My co-workers and Managers were always available for question or concerns.
Pros
Independent work hours
Cons
I had to quite to care for my ailing father.
I have worked with a diverse list of brands, which has allowed me to see all facets of the merchandising industry. I have become a highly skilled and strong merchandiser with various products, such as, fashion, accessories, housewares, luggage, and many more.
I absolutely love merchandising which shows through my work and allows others to see my passion, which is very strong. I have developed great rapport and strong relationships with all of my retail establishments and continue to set my self apart as a dynamic merchandiser.

I have had the opportunity to be team lead on numerous cosmetic and Joe Fresh relines over the past two years.
Pros
great clients and brands, flexible
Cons
no advancement, no increase in hourly wage
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Counter Intelligence Merchandising Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7