Counter Intelligence Merchandising Inc.

Counter Intelligence Merchandising Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada40 reviews

Didn't work but helped my mom work there

It's really lengthy and takes lots of time to get stuff done. If you don't know what you're doing or are really slow, it's going to take you forever to get your job done.

Fun job, pay is lousy

Enjoyable job but for the amount of work and paperwork they should be paying more than minimum wage. Work is sporadic so if you're looking for consistency you won't get it.

Insights into Counter Intelligence Merchandising Inc.

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Low pay rate

Supervisors were nice, very helpful and understanding, but the management people at the office were very demanding. The pay rate was low, considering my territory (Mississauga at that time was already expensive to live and work).

Pros

weekend off

Cons

low salary

Excellent for an organized, responsible merchandiser

I can easily fit this in my existing schedule. If you are responsible, mature & organized, this is perfect for you. My supervisor is always ready to help and is also a merchandiser. Possibility of more hours if wanted too.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Occasional short service windows

You are on your own.

Company mixed up info on jobs to be done. Wrong traits. Wrong stores. No support.It's good though that you work at your own pace in a time limit but you have plenty of time. Your own availabilities so it's easy to incorporate in your life schedule.

Pros

Free time

Cons

Wrong assignments

Not worth it.

Paid minimum wage. Some of the account managers are horrendous. Daily emails are 10+ And often contradicting. I’ve been asked to return to take further photos because the ‘angle was wrong.’ It’s not worth the stress, hassle and to make absolutely nothing. No bonus, not even a card at Christmas. No thanks for working through a pandemic. Unreasonable work loads.

Pros

Make your own schedule.

Cons

Low pay. No thanks. Poor information. High expectations for pay.

Très peu payé, patron désagréable

Très peu payé,les dirigeants ne respectent pas les employés.

a fun place to work and learn

I never felt mentally under any kind of stress while working with other team members. They have a very friendly working environment. On job training is provided by role-plays, handling live situations. This has been precarious times and I can’t thank Counter Intelligence management for their support and overall concern for our safety. They truly have placed our best interests before theirs and made my decision to get back to work a lot easier and more comfortable. I have been with Counter Intelligence for 10 years and will most likely be working for them for another 10 years.

Pros

get together

Great Place to work

I am amazed at how supportive Counter Intelligence Management has been during Covid. They have also been very flexible and understanding and arranged the perfect work at home schedule for all of the staff. Management has also fully supported all staff even with their government subsidies when I know of a lot of other companies are keeping it for themselves. I am truly grateful for having a caring company to work for.

Pros

flexible, understanding, arranged the perfect work at home schedule for all of the staff.

Great team leader and supervisors

It was great working with the company. Easy jobs, easy scheduling. Fun working with team lead and supervisor. Paid traveling and hourly wage is good enough however work shall be given more.

Great learning experience

Something a little different with every job we did, all team members were helpful and understanding, management was great. Supervisor was a phone call away to answer any questions. Pay was fair. Transit/Gas reimbursement. Very organized with all the paperwork we needed. Online system is a little dated but easy to navigate.

Horrible

Horrible training, bad co workers, gossip and lying with management. Not good pay, you work way more than you are paid for and will get fired if you don't agree with them.

Fast paced workplace with great employees!

The Account Manager job is quite varied and fast paced. Always learning something new! The employees really make it an enjoyable work place. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Management is flexible and listens to your needs and concerns. Work life balance is easily achieved which is hard to find in a company.

Fast-paced engaging working Environment

Fast-paced and thus, at times, a stressful environment but keeps you motivated throughout the day. Vacation times are great and benefits are pretty standard. Pay is fair for the work you do. Management shows appreciation for work done throughout the year.

Fair and enjoyable place to work. Management is great to work for.

I would recommend working for Counter Intelligence. It's a fun and enjoyable place to work. Easy to talk to Management. The pay could be more. Management is very helpful.

Not enough pay

Need stores close together cause there’s too much driving and traffic in the lower mainland and you don’t get paid for travel time so it doesn’t really make it worth it

Terrible company to work for!

Poor training, poor systems, no feedback... Unorganized and poorly run organization. They hire contractors (e.g. don't take deductions, no benefits, no job security) but they treat you like you are on retainer. They expect instant responses to their needs but are unresponsive to yours. They never ask for feedback. They are paid by the suppliers, so treat the retailers terribly, leaving the merchandisers to deal with it. They are the WORST communicators I have ever experienced. I receive at least one email every second day - oftentimes ones that don't pertain to me because they are too lazy to create accurate mailing lists. Other times the same info two or three times. They bombard you with unnecessary paperwork. I could go on and on and on.... the WORST! For there info, ALL BOLD CAPS in an email means you are screaming at people! And if you include ALL CAPS, red text, red bold text, all CAPS bold, bold underline, and yellow highlight all in the same email, what exactly is the important point you want people to focus on???

cooperative and learning environment

I was able to earn some extra cash by working in different shifts. Had a chance to learning problem solving skills under my manager's supervision. friendly environment

Merchandiser

Great company to work for that allowed you to work your own hours around your own schedule. The training they provided was great that allowed you to be confident in your work.

Don't waste your time.

If I could give it zero stars I would. HORRIBLE management, unorganized company. HR is even worse, unresponsive and unprofessional.. honestly a joke. Don't settle for this company, YOU WILL FIND BETTER.

Flexible schedule and great management

Flexible schedule with busy periods and slow periods.. management and supervisors are professional and accessible. Pay rate is minimum wage for continuity work, slightly higher for relines. Overall a good place to work if you are not looking for a full time fixed salary position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Counter Intelligence Merchandising Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Counter Intelligence Merchandising Inc. with

• Counter Intelligence Merchandising Inc.