Counter Intelligence Merchandising Inc.

Counter Intelligence Merchandising Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada32 reviews
Great
It has its busy times and it's slow times like anything else. Hours can not be guaranteed as it really depends on the projects they have going on and or at hand. Otherwise, I love it!
Pros
You can work whenever you can
Cons
When it slows down there is not a lot of work.
Great team leader and supervisors
It was great working with the company. Easy jobs, easy scheduling. Fun working with team lead and supervisor. Paid traveling and hourly wage is good enough however work shall be given more.
Great learning experience
Something a little different with every job we did, all team members were helpful and understanding, management was great. Supervisor was a phone call away to answer any questions. Pay was fair. Transit/Gas reimbursement. Very organized with all the paperwork we needed. Online system is a little dated but easy to navigate.
Horrible
Horrible training, bad co workers, gossip and lying with management. Not good pay, you work way more than you are paid for and will get fired if you don't agree with them.
Fast paced workplace with great employees!
The Account Manager job is quite varied and fast paced. Always learning something new!

The employees really make it an enjoyable work place. Everyone is friendly and helpful.

Management is flexible and listens to your needs and concerns.

Work life balance is easily achieved which is hard to find in a company.
Fast-paced engaging working Environment
Fast-paced and thus, at times, a stressful environment but keeps you motivated throughout the day.

Vacation times are great and benefits are pretty standard.

Pay is fair for the work you do.

Management shows appreciation for work done throughout the year.
Fair and enjoyable place to work. Management is great to work for.
I would recommend working for Counter Intelligence. It's a fun and enjoyable place to work. Easy to talk to Management. The pay could be more. Management is very helpful.
Not enough pay
Need stores close together cause there’s too much driving and traffic in the lower mainland and you don’t get paid for travel time so it doesn’t really make it worth it
Terrible company to work for!
Poor training, poor systems, no feedback...
Unorganized and poorly run organization. They hire contractors (e.g. don't take deductions, no benefits, no job security) but they treat you like you are on retainer. They expect instant responses to their needs but are unresponsive to yours. They never ask for feedback. They are paid by the suppliers, so treat the retailers terribly, leaving the merchandisers to deal with it.

They are the WORST communicators I have ever experienced. I receive at least one email every second day - oftentimes ones that don't pertain to me because they are too lazy to create accurate mailing lists. Other times the same info two or three times. They bombard you with unnecessary paperwork. I could go on and on and on.... the WORST!

For there info, ALL BOLD CAPS in an email means you are screaming at people! And if you include ALL CAPS, red text, red bold text, all CAPS bold, bold underline, and yellow highlight all in the same email, what exactly is the important point you want people to focus on???
cooperative and learning environment
I was able to earn some extra cash by working in different shifts. Had a chance to learning problem solving skills under my manager's supervision. friendly environment
Merchandiser
Great company to work for that allowed you to work your own hours around your own schedule. The training they provided was great that allowed you to be confident in your work.
Don't waste your time.
If I could give it zero stars I would.
HORRIBLE management, unorganized company.

HR is even worse, unresponsive and unprofessional.. honestly a joke.

Don't settle for this company, YOU WILL FIND BETTER.
Flexible schedule and great management
Flexible schedule with busy periods and slow periods.. management and supervisors are professional and accessible. Pay rate is minimum wage for continuity work, slightly higher for relines. Overall a good place to work if you are not looking for a full time fixed salary position.
TOXIC, horrible management..
This company is extremely toxic, pay is horrible and managers and owners are just BAD. YOU NEVER get a raise and even your entitled vacation you are told when to take it. promises made are never followed through with..
Pros
Cons
Bad managers, toxic, stressfull environment just all around not pleasant.
Ok job for someone looking to make some extra money on their own schedule
If you're looking for some extra income and want flexibility in hours, this is a good job for you. If you're interested in advancing with a company and a full-time career, not so much.
Seasonal reline work
The Counter Intelligence is organized for a 3rd party merchandising company.
Good people to work with, when doing re-lines in teams.

Like the access to my schedule on the web.

Pay is fair during the reline season.

If you know planograms it's a good job.
Not great
First of all another review said good discounts? Never in 5 years did I receive anything other than the pay -no products or discounts - do not expect that!

For years I was satisfied with the few stores I had. I did P/T hours which were flexible around my other job. I would have stayed had I been allowed to continue as I had, however they changed their business model and expected me to travel around an "area" though that always changed and more was always expected as they are constantly understaffed. In the end I quit, it was no longer as flexible as I needed, much much more was expected than when I started - it was a very stressful environment. Even when you do more to make up for lack of staff, supervisory role, store issues, traffic problems, and the many other issues that may delay the completion of a job they will still blame staff for not doing enough - they take no responsibility and show no appreciation.

Everything is very disorganized as the supervisor left a few years ago and they never replaced her - now you have to go through someone in Quebec who has no understanding of the area challenges and is grossly overworked. New people are expected to train with the experience staff on the job whether you like it or not.

No vacation unless you can find someone to replace you - I took no time off in 5 years. I was told there were no pay increases even when the work changed and was offered no reimbursement for added travel while others were.
Pros
You can say no to work as you are considered self employed
Cons
too much responsibility, too much travel, understaffed, no respect
Great work life balance. Management is good. Overall great place to work. Environment is nice. Co workers are really nice. I would recommend this company
great work life balance and good perks
This company has a great work life balance and good discounts for employees. You get to meet and interact with different customers, you learn something new every day, the management system is decentralized, so you get to make decisions about certain things by yourself, good growth opportunity.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
on call
Great company to work with
I have been working with the company as a Marketing Consultant for past 5 years. it has been a great experience and lovely to work with the team. They are understandable and helpful.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Want you to be available for at least 2-3 days a week, but won’t give you hours unless you are available 5 days a week.
Hired based on having 2 or 3 full days a week of availability. But never got any actual hours for reset season because they want you available for 5 days a week and want you at their beckon call for only Min. Wage job. Was a waste of time to get set up on payroll and never got any hours. Have over 12 years of merchandising experience with planograms etc and never got any hours. Have been working for 2 other merchandising companies and getting more than enough hours now.
Pros
Could be flexible if you actually got hours
Cons
No hours even have after promised hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Counter Intelligence Merchandising Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7