Cougar Fuels Ltd.

Cougar Fuels Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews
I thought I’d be called back. So they shot me some BS there.
Great guys to work with. I remain in touch with pretty much the whole crew, wether they’re in Quebec or somewhere here in Ab
To all the people on here whining, saying this is a bad place to work , don’t listen to them. They got fired for being lazy and stupid. If you are ready to do some actual work and get paid an above average wage come work for cougar fuel.
Pros
Money
Cons
People whining about they’re stressed
One of the leading companies in Fuel and Lubricant sales and distribution. Family owned and operated and a very friendly environment.
Located in Fort McMurray the hours were very reasonable with minimal travel outside of the Region.
Don't do it managers are bum buddies same as most of the workers. Couple good guy owner yells at people in the safety meetings ain't worth it believe me
Unless you are part of the “family” watch your back!

Foreman’s have no clue as to what’s going on and push you to keep working even during thunderstorms!

Foreman’s will throw anyone “under the bus” to keep their job!

Fort Hills foreman barely has a grade 5 education, and protect a his Dad all the time
No job security. Management is very dishonest. Different rules for everyone. Everyone treated differently. Termination without notice or coaching. They are the highest contractor wages because it’s the only way they can keep employees. 7/7 schedule is great work life balance but the drama and poor management isn’t worth it. Work for less somewhere else and be happier.
Cougar Fuels at Suncor Baseplant is excellent for work/life balance with a 7 on 7 off rotation. The pay is also excellent. Everyone talks bad about everyone else behind their backs on a consistent basis. The turnover is crazy. They will fire/lay you off for the smallest things. I recommend it for short term cash, but thats about it. There is no job security. I wouldn't work there again.
If you want to come home angry every day,if you want to work at a place full of animosity and hatred, if you want to live in fear of getting fired everyday, if you want rude trainers that don't trian you well, if you want rumours and gossip , then this is the job for you.
Pros
Money is oky
Cons
(Hateful workers) (bad workers) (rude workers)
Great place to work if you can handle pushing yourself to the max every shift. Safety is paramount, and you need to be somewhat mechanically inclined to drive their class # 1 type fuel trucks. Hard work and honesty is the only way to success.
Worst management i have ever worked for. Different rules for supervisors an team leaders. Team leader give workers a hard time, then turn around and do the same thing themselves. No one can give you a correct answer.
I was terminated from cougar fuels at suncor baseplant and was told it was before my three months which was within days away so all they could say was I was not a good fit for the job which I seen them do to multiple people during my time there and that’s all they would tell me. I don’t believe this to be true I really wanted to succeed at this job i followed all the rules did my job exactly how I was shown followed all the rules (which not many of the current employees do) paperwork was always neat and done properly I even asked Every so often how I was doing and was told I was doing great if there was any issues they would let me know and never once did anyone bring up any issues I feel it is not a place for anyone to work that has anything to loose it’s to big of a risk more of a job for someone who doesn’t care about there future or a job for someone who doesn’t care who they work for I feel it’s poor management hard to believe suncor doesn’t look into this company closer they would not be impressed
Pros
Good pay if you make the cut
Cons
Horrible management at suncor
unless you are a newfie forget this place they stab you in the back the first chance they get long hours and low pay bad management as well stay away.
Its 12 hour a day,50 to 100 stops per day refueling. The safety program was very strong. The benefits is good. The hardest part of being this job is getting 100 times in and out in the trucks.
Pros
Cons
being laid off
Was an excellent place to learn, lots of responsibility. Fast paced and while working for such long shifts the team became your family away.
Nice to work hard and be appreciated. Hardest part of the job were so much time away from home.
Great place to work but manger lies and is a idiot.Replace him place be great like it was before.No it all does not cut it. But when you have never done a job like that before what you expect!!
The last two yrs have been a great transition from Military to civilian life. The company has given me an opportunity to use my military supervisor and training skills to help mentor and train new employees on equipment and mining operations.

I am currently living and working in Alberta enjoying the west with some family. we have new grand kids in the Ottawa area, we are always open to new opportunities to someday retire closer to Ottawa or southern ON.
Pros
job shadowing
Cons
limited training equipment
This company cares about its employees and their well being.
Their rotation at the present time is 14/7

Management is very open with the employees

Safety bonuses are very obtainable as a unit
Pros
Free meals, free lodging
Cons
might be changing their shift rotation to 7/7, this will make it very hard for east coast workers seeing we pay our own flights
Very Easy going, fun to work for and easy to come to work every day. Realistic and good on their word. Good benefits and lovely staff.
A growing organization that offers professional development and advancement. Management listen to the workers and discuses common goals.
start out with toolbox/safety meetings followed by pre trip inspections on the trucks, if all checks out follow a pre mapped route to fuel equipment.
co workers were easy to get along with for the most part.
Deliver oil and other Petro-Canada products to customers. Some customers were hours away.
Make sure all card-lock gas & diesel pumps were operating correctly

Maintain card-lock

Aid any customers that have questions or need help.

Co-workers were awesome and my supervisors always helped if i had a question.

The hardest part about he job was when its -40 degrees and something breaks and i have to fix it.

Best part of the job was doing the lube runs to rigs.