Coty Canada

Coty Canada Employee Reviews

There is no one day alike.

Great company if you want to expand your career in the CPG industry, or if you are a recent grad. You will have the opportunity to be creative, collaborative, and be part of cross-functional team projects.

Best Company I have ever worked for, hands down.

I have loved working and growing with this company so far. The management from the very top down to my manager that I report to are just incredible. The company culture is one of respect, integrity and appreciation. They promote and encourage a high level of work life balance and I really appreciate being able to unplug on the weekends to enjoy my time off instead of feeling guilty for it. Been great so far, looking forward to many years ahead of me with the company!

Pros

Pay, time off, bonus's, respect, appreciation, work/life balance

Cons

Juggling a lot of brands across a lot of retailers

Horrible management

The leadership team is disconnected from the workers and is not interested in improving. Huge favoritism in the workplace. No training, coaching or mentoring.

Zero Balance

If you like working long hours for zero appreciation, this is your dream employer. Very high-school like cliques, which goes the same for the management team. Constant turn over and little focus on employee health and well-being.

Pros

Free makeup and perfume

Cons

Long hours, no work from home

Fast paced environment always looking to improve

A great place for those who likes change and continuous improvement. Lots of room for career advancement as they are always promoting internally. Used to have a lot of work from home roles but those have been mostly eliminated.

Nice Place to work

Nice place to work as an intern or your first job. Too many internal postings / friendships makes it hard to progress. Too many meetings, processes, not enough technology in the workplace.

Pros

Summer Fridays

Cons

Low Growth

Productive, fast paced industry with something new happening all the time.

Wonderful place to learn and grow with outstanding mentors and a wonderful work life balance. Challenging industry with fast past innovations and newness.

Fast fun and friendly

Typical day at work would consist of daily routines and a lot of IT based work due to a lot of system issues and management lack of knowledge and expertise.

Productive and Fun work environment

I learned a lot about working in the industry. Had an enjoyable time, and would recommend this internship to anyone passionate about marketing.

Pros

organized monthly social events

Own it!

A fast paced organization where you create your own path. Accountability is number one and entrepreneurship is necessary.

Fast-paced environment with high sales expectations and great customer service requirement

A typical day at work starts by me assessing sales targets from the previous year and creating a plan of action for the day. A daily goal is set in terms of sales output to exceed last years target. I then monitor my sales output hourly and adjust my plan of action accordingly. I have learned how to effectively communicate with different types of people (ethnicity, age, social class) on a personal level and provide them with excellent customer service. I have learned how to work independently or as part of a team to successfully meet or exceed expectations/goals. Having lead multiple product launches and events, I am very confident in my ability to lead. I have also learned how to effectively manage my time and to be efficient with tasks/objectives. Management at Coty Inc. was extremely motivating and helped build me into the energetic/hardworking person I am today. I have a tremendous amount of passion when providing customer service and I am very comfortable in handling stressful situations. My co-workers are very diverse, coming from different ethnic backgrounds and sexes. This has allowed me to gain extreme confidence in communicating effectively to meet goals. The hardest part of the job would have to be communicating with customers who speak very little english. However through my 4 years of experience I have learned how to use universal facial expressions and gestures to make customers feel comfortable. The most enjoyable part of the job has been surpassing sales targets and effectively completing product launches and events. I cannot stress enough how -

Pros

Improved sales and customer service skills, some pleasant customers

Cons

worked a lot of weekend hours, some unpleasant customers

Loved my mat contract

I totally loved filling in this mat contract at Coty. A phenomenal company, great product lines, awesome atmosphere. Loved my position !

Wonderful Experience

I was originally hired for a mat leave and ended up staying longer due to an internal restructuring. I absolutely loved working for Coty canada. While the large internal structure was difficult to navigate thru in the beginning, once I had it down it was a breeze.

Innovative Brands

Brands exciting, learned about and participated in the S&OP process.There was not a lot of time to spend with co-workers due to the intense work week and demands.The hardest part of my job was balancing the internal asks vs my customer who was my #1 priority.Most enjoyable part was negotiating new and innovative programs with my customer, and seeing them come to fruition.

Pros

fast paced industry

Cons

long hours, no work life balance

Enjoyed my time at Coty. The people and job were exciting. Met lots of life long friends there

Very productive company

We had fun Pot luck on the afternoon shift as well as most everyone was pleasant to work with.There wasn,t really any hard jobs,sometimes training new people.Most days were good .

Pros

xmas dinners and free perfume from the office staff on mothers day and xmas

Cons

long 10 hour shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coty Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement