Coty Canada Employee Reviews

Horrible management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2019
The leadership team is disconnected from the workers and is not interested in improving.
Huge favoritism in the workplace.
No training, coaching or mentoring.
Zero Balance
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2018
If you like working long hours for zero appreciation, this is your dream employer.
Very high-school like cliques, which goes the same for the management team.
Constant turn over and little focus on employee health and well-being.
Pros
Free makeup and perfume
Cons
Long hours, no work from home
Nice Place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2017
Nice place to work as an intern or your first job. Too many internal postings / friendships makes it hard to progress. Too many meetings, processes, not enough technology in the workplace.
Pros
Summer Fridays
Cons
Low Growth
Productive, fast paced industry with something new happening all the time.
Account Executive and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2016
Wonderful place to learn and grow with outstanding mentors and a wonderful work life balance. Challenging industry with fast past innovations and newness.
Fast fun and friendly
Sales Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 January 2016
Typical day at work would consist of daily routines and a lot of IT based work due to a lot of system issues and management lack of knowledge and expertise.
Productive and Fun work environment
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  oakville, ontario16 September 2015
I learned a lot about working in the industry. Had an enjoyable time, and would recommend this internship to anyone passionate about marketing.
Pros
organized monthly social events
Own it!
Category Advisor - Fragrance and Nail Care (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 September 2015
A fast paced organization where you create your own path. Accountability is number one and entrepreneurship is necessary.
Fast-paced environment with high sales expectations and great customer service requirement
Proactive Sales and Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area11 February 2015
A typical day at work starts by me assessing sales targets from the previous year and creating a plan of action for the day. A daily goal is set in terms of sales output to exceed last years target. I then monitor my sales output hourly and adjust my plan of action accordingly.

I have learned how to effectively communicate with different types of people (ethnicity, age, social class) on a personal level and provide them with excellent customer service. I have learned how to work independently or as part of a team to successfully meet or exceed expectations/goals. Having lead multiple product launches and events, I am very confident in my ability to lead. I have also learned how to effectively manage my time and to be efficient with tasks/objectives.

Management at Coty Inc. was extremely motivating and helped build me into the energetic/hardworking person I am today. I have a tremendous amount of passion when providing customer service and I am very comfortable in handling stressful situations.

My co-workers are very diverse, coming from different ethnic backgrounds and sexes. This has allowed me to gain extreme confidence in communicating effectively to meet goals.

The hardest part of the job would have to be communicating with customers who speak very little english. However through my 4 years of experience I have learned how to use universal facial expressions and gestures to make customers feel comfortable.

The most enjoyable part of the job has been surpassing sales targets and effectively completing product launches and events. I cannot stress enough how
  more... amazing it makes me feel knowing that I have accomplished a goal.  less
Pros
Improved sales and customer service skills, some pleasant customers
Cons
worked a lot of weekend hours, some unpleasant customers
Loved my mat contract
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  southwestern Ontario22 January 2014
I totally loved filling in this mat contract at Coty. A phenomenal company, great product lines, awesome atmosphere. Loved my position !
Wonderful Experience
Key Account Business - London Drugs (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 November 2013
I was originally hired for a mat leave and ended up staying longer due to an internal restructuring. I absolutely loved working for Coty canada.

While the large internal structure was difficult to navigate thru in the beginning, once I had it down it was a breeze.
Innovative Brands
Senior National Account Manager (Walmart) (Former Employee) –  Home office and Oakville Office 2 days/week1 April 2013
Brands exciting, learned about and participated in the S&OP process.
There was not a lot of time to spend with co-workers due to the intense work week and demands.
The hardest part of my job was balancing the internal asks vs my customer who was my #1 priority.
Most enjoyable part was negotiating new and innovative programs with my customer, and seeing them come to fruition.
Pros
fast paced industry
Cons
long hours, no work life balance
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 September 2012
Enjoyed my time at Coty. The people and job were exciting. Met lots of life long friends there
Very productive company
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 June 2012
We had fun Pot luck on the afternoon shift as well as most everyone was pleasant to work with.There wasn,t really any hard jobs,sometimes training new people.Most days were good .
Pros
xmas dinners and free perfume from the office staff on mothers day and xmas
Cons
long 10 hour shifts.