Costi

Costi Management reviews

Canada54 reviews
The office environment was always very busy as we dealt with mostly Immigrant service. So a lot of the information is very confidential, but the workplace was very fun to be at. Management were busy but would make sure that the workplace was always friendly and courteous to any and all new residence to the country.
No job security and poor management . Lack of professionalism. No support to staff and not treated as a human being but just an employee or a number. No career advancement.
Management has very low EQ and a siege mentality.Most managers are tribal and favour their own ethnic background openly and unabashedly.They are top heavy with management and management knows it and is constantly creating make work projects to appear useful.
A great place to work with amazing management. Work load is heavy but the clientele is easy and very cooperative. Appropriate benefits and great allocation of tasks.
Very good place to work. It is about helping and guiding all clients, which gives satisfaction at the end of the day. Management is excellent. Overall everything is nice about Costi.
Supportive management and staff. Responsive student population. Wonderful place to work. Good teaching resources, including textbooks and full computer lab.
- They really value and appreciate their employees work
- Very systematic rules like employees are getting paid equally based on their education and their job titles without any discrimination
It has to be worst place that I ever worked and there have been some. The organization purpose is to help new people which have moved to Canada, but they fail to do this.

The organization staff is mainly made up of newcomers to Canada but management treats these people with no respect and they try their hardest not to pay their staff what is owed to them by tricking their employee's who don't know their rights as they are new to Canada.

If you do know your rights, Management will find a reason to terminate your employment.
Pros
Cons
Terrible place to work
Great learning experience that provides a great platform to grow and build skills needed for success in the future. Amazing community and management who encourage learning and genuinely want to help their clients.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Costi?
- working at reception was either busy or slow depending on the time.
- I edited clients resumes

- assisted clients with forms and registration

- helped lead and run seminars and presentation

- I really enjoyed work outings with clients

- very kind staff

- management was very reasonable
- hardest part was the long hours completing tasks or filing alone in an office room
A great employer to work for with the exception they need to evolve with changing times. Professional Development required for staff, a bit more structure should be in place, performance appraisals should be a must. The union should be made obsolete. Overall however some locations are excellent to work at. They support individuals looking for a new pathway. I loved my job there.
Pros
I have an excellent manager. She's not one of the lifers, innovative, smart and always looking for ways to grow projects.
Cons
If you end up with a bad manager, your life will be difficult as upper management doesnt address any of those issues.
In a typical day in my position as a case worker assistant stars with making sure what client i will visit that day and get all the information ready for the visit. Also Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties, including preparing client's reports and maintaining those reports in the agency database as well answering phones, and drafting documents and emails.

Everyday I learn different things, since we always work with different type of clients. The fact that we always work with different clients allows me to learn how to improve my cultural sensitivity skills. Being respectful with my coworkers and be able to communicate well with them and with my clients are very important skills in this type of work.

There is not a hard part on this job. I will say that the challenging part of this job is to work with strict deadlines.
Also reducing and managing caseloads are challenging, however with great planning skills and case management skills makes the scenario way different.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to work as a team work, and making our clients to have access to their needed services. I also enjoy working with different people from different cultures and different way of thinking,since I always learn different things .
Pros
Great team work
Cons
walking a lot
Each day was different. The management team were very supportive and encouraging. Everyone said good morning and talked to you - they never made it feel like you were alone. The hardest part of the job is that it was very fast paced and since everyday was different, you had to learn new things each day and pick it up really quick. The most enjoyable part was that we hosted job fairs and workshops and went out of the office once in a while.
Pros
Free lunches, team lunch and meetings, meeting lots of people, flexible schedule
Cons
One day can be very long, or lots of overtime hours
Good office environment. Poorly managed though. Not good business/organizational people. Nepotism by middle management.
Need to better screen and filter new hires/employees.

Rate of pay could be better. Immigrant services marginal.
Pros
Hours of work.
Cons
Poor/Incompetent management.
there were times that workers were not as productive, felt like Waste of time and money of taxpayers. Workers did more gossiping than working.
Pros
diverse employees and clients.
Cons
Not effective management
Good Non for Profit Agency, nice and considerate management, fixed schedule, unionized organization, which gives it’s employees certain level of protection, unfortunately limitations in professional growth as well as salary increase.
I have learned that besides professional competence the key role is playing experience and knowledge at work with newcomers and refugees. It is not enough just to do your job, very often you need to go beyond duties because this is work with people who are refugees, and who are new to Canada. Refugees are people who have fled their countries because of a well-founded fear of widespread persecution and who are unable to return home. I must say that COSTI provides all possible assistance to their clients. All staff members is very supportive and professional with deep knowledge in legislator, policies, case management, referrals, languages, and also possess experience in work that they are doing. Work with people might be very challenging in some way, but from another side is very rewarding. I enjoy seeing positive outcomes of our work at COSTI. The best possible reward for my work is to see clients happy and satisfied, with set of knowledge that can enable them to start a new life in Canada.