Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun workplace!
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 January 2018
Very friendly and a great employer! Love Working with Costco. I would go back any day! Their a quick fast paced company, that everyone loves shopping or working with :)
Pros
Friendly staff.
Cons
Busy
Okay
Production Coordinator – Marketing Acquisitions (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 January 2018
My working environment is one where there's a good sense of team spirit. A strong work ethic is obviously important but the human side is also important. I enjoy working with people who have a decent sense of humour and who, while they might take their work very seriously, don't necessarily take themselves overly seriously! I like people who are down to earth but who have a dynamic and progressive approach to their work. I really enjoy working as part of a highly committed and professional team.
Productive workplace for regular staff
Night Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 January 2018
A difficult place to work in after the holiday seasons are over.
Work is not full time so you should have no expectation to get maximum hours outside of peak seasons.
Pros
Inexpensive lunches/ Great hotdogs
Cons
Not enough hours once Christmas is over...
Good place to work for students
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC29 January 2018
Good place to work for students. It's a phisical work. Flexible schedule. Obligations to work every weekend. Often evening shifts. Good insurance and benefits.
Pros
Costco membership card is free.
Cons
Working every weekend.
Productive workplace with fantastic employees
Cashier/Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 January 2018
Doing various tasks such as bagging and boxing groceries in carts, cashier duties, customer services, various cleaning and maintenance tasks, and working outside pushing carts. The other employees are fantastic, everyone is very welcoming and the management is very accommodating to students. The best part of the job is the staff that I get to work with.
good salary but stressful job environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 January 2018
come to pharmacy with lots of Rx to count and dispense. Because of the volume of the prescriptions and long work hours some times, it is bit stressful and frustrating
Pros
good salary
fun and great staff
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON26 January 2018
Great place to work and awesome pay to match. Lots of room for growth and love the staff and customers. Great early morning shift and lots of flexable
Not a job for people who are stressed easily.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Langford, BC25 January 2018
If you are thinking of getting a job at Costco definitely get a job in front end. The other sections seem a bit hectic and not put together properly. Not for people who get stressed easily.
Friendly and Happy Environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON24 January 2018
- A typical day at work would be starting early in the morning at 5am and just getting straight to work with restocking the particular section that has been assigned
Pros
Free Lunches occasionally
Cons
No time to take a breather
Stressful work environment, quick-paced
Cashier and Front end assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 January 2018
It was very stressful, you never got your breaks at the same times, sometimes an hour in, sometimes 4 hours depending on how busy.
You need to be able to work fast and efficiently.
Members can be mean when they dont get what they want.
They are quick to move people up if they see potential.
There is a dress code and you need comfy shoes.
Pros
time goes by quick
Cons
Very busy all the time, stressful work environment, and body aches.
I loved working there
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2018
I really enjoyed it when I was working there they're very pleasant and they accepted my disability.
I wished I worked there again and they gave me an opportunity.
typical day at costco
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON24 January 2018
It is a face paced environment, where you are dealing with 1000's of customers a day. Great place to grow your communication skills and on the spot thinking.
Pros
Great benefits and pay.
Cons
Working weekends
Great company.
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 January 2018
I have been employed for many years at Costco. I have worked in several departments. My experience here has been life changing. I make a decent living, have great benefits and love my Costco family. Thank you Costco, for making my life better, happier and stable.
the work is fun but every day challenge
Cashier & Packer / meat receiving / Am Merch (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2018
The work that done consist of alot of labour hard and physical work and I have to be on toes at all time when putting out every morning. At the end it all look good when finished. The management is good and they know what they are doing
Pros
best pay package
Cons
a lot of work
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2018
at this job I learnt that not all people are ready to be in management, and it seems like the warehouse that I was clearly had a great job at finding those people. Costco likes to say that they protect their employee ,but in all actuality they will throw you under the but so to speak in a heart beat.
large work place good for long time employees
Merchandising associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 January 2018
stocking, learned pallet jack use and stocking technique, management was okay sometimes didnt understand, work place was usually up beat, getting off early in the day was nice.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
lot of sanding
Great working experience with a comfortable and fun team.
Photo Department, Photo Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
Costco is great place to gain experience, and have a consistent workflow. They have a position for almost anyone based on your past work experience and will help you get the tools you need to learn something your interested in.
Realistically Wonderful
Morning Merch Stocker (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 January 2018
Costco, in short, is a great place to work. The systems and priorities put in place by upper management establish an energetic and "all together" atmosphere filled with awesome benefits, frequent wage raises, and a regular focus on cooperation and Teamwork. These are areas that Costco excels at. To be totally fair there are certain blemishes one can expect working in any retail environment and Costco is unfortunately not immune to them. Expect a tense environment during holiday seasons, expect some grumpy coworkers from time to time, expect some questionable decisions from leadership, expect what you would normally get working with human beings. But with that said, Costco does an impressive job at resolving conflict and recognizing this human element of the modern workplace. Often management will follow up a mistake with six or seven good decisions to follow it. So for every blemish, Costco may have, you can expect the Integrity to recognize and smooth over those blemishes.
Pros
Many benefits, Regular raises, Team focused, improvement focused
Cons
Consists of human beings who make human mistakes
Great employer. Costco offered extensive training and on most occasions they hired and promoted from within the company.
Buyer (Furniture) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 January 2018
I consider Costco Wholesale to be the best employer in Canada.
They offered me training for computers as well as Management courses.If you are willing to put in the work and hours needed you will be rewarded. Best pay, best benefits.
Pros
Best Pay, Best Benefits, fun work enviroment
productive and fun workplace
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 January 2018
I enjoyed working with the other employees, the supervisors were very professional. I enjoyed how friendly everyone was. This is one of the best jobs i have worked at. the most enjoyable part of the job was how face paced everything was.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2