Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 1,269 reviews matching the search See all 7,102 reviews
great opportunities for advancement and making a career
Sales Associate, Majors (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB5 June 2018
Some of the best people I've ever worked with. They become like a family. Learned a lot about customer service, salesmanship, and working in a team. The fast pace can be hard but is also invigorating. Lots of opportunities and advancement is quick if your motivated.
Pros
Amazing people, Job security, benefits
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Beaucoup de préssion pour rien ...
Marchandiseur (Current Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC4 June 2018
Il a beaucoup de pression pour rien et un peu trop de gérent vs le nombre d`employer
Pros
possibilité davancement
Well paid job but with problems in job culture
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB2 June 2018
Many coworkers gave poor instructions, some would slack off and push their work on me. Pay was good at the time, although the job was relatively labour intensive, and the environment was hot due to the ovens.
Pros
Good Pay/Benefits
Cons
Poor work culture
Loved my job
FOOD SERVICE ASSISTANT, LEAD (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB31 May 2018
The only reason I left is due to a car accident not being able to handle the concrete floor any longer.
It was going to be my career. How many people can say that about a box store?
Love and miss my Costco Family♥
Pros
Great family like atmosphere
Cons
retail weekend work
Busy environment but no after work stress
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC31 May 2018
Expect to be on the go all the time. That said the people who work and shop there are mostly friendly and understanding which means you don't take stress or work home with you. Management was understanding and easy to talk to in regards to personal of professional situations.

Don't expect to advance quickly. People stick with Costco for a long time so job openings are hard to come by and mostly hire senior employees.
Pros
Often has free food
Cons
Slow advancement
Not bad
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC28 May 2018
It was ok, i liked some positions more then others. Cashier was good but got very repetitive. My personal favorite was night merch. If it wasn't for the bad hours i would still be their.
Pros
many different jobs
Cons
8 and 1/2 hour work days
Great Company to work for
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB28 May 2018
Great Company, great people and great all around experience. I would love to continue working for Costco if a full time position became available. I believe Costco would be a great place to have a career!
fun and everyone is polite
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2018
the co worker that I have work with are polite and willing to help if a person needs a help and also they value costumer first before themselves. willing to help a customer for their satisfactions
Pros
staff gets a free membership
A low-grade summer job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2018
As starter summer jobs go, Costco was normal. However, the culture was lacking, and management somewhat lacking in their positions. I do not recommend.
Pros
Availability of Hours
Cons
Culture, Placement of Hours, Non-flexible
Costco Wholesale
Bakery Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Soulanges, QC23 May 2018
Worked there as a student, their student working program is very helpful and allows for you to retain seniority even when not working because of school.
Pros
Great salary and benefits
Cons
Lots of standing
Productive workplace
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer County, AB23 May 2018
Costco is a great place to work and shop. They have amazing deals.
I was working as front end assistant, then worked in member service and that was my favorite position, then i was working as gas station assistant. Costco is a great place to work filled with friendly employees. I would come back to work there.
Pros
an hour lunch break
Cons
long lunch lineups
great place where to learn about a wide variety of products, practice the language and interact with public.
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 May 2018
This company was a subcontractor of Costco. Every day we must meet in the office and gather all the information and the necessary elements for the sampling of the products. The best part of the job was learning about new products, meeting people and practicing the language. The worst part was standing for long hours, without receiving payment after having sold the designated product in the middle of the working day.
Pros
-Learn about a wide range of merchandise from food to non-food produces like AC, blinds
Cons
Standing all day. No benefits.
good place to work
Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK20 May 2018
Its a very excellent environment to work in. Have breaks which is good to help us regain our lost energy and to give us rest from our duty. You work and have fun at the same time.
Pros
Positive words from supervisor every time
Cons
non
A fun loving environment. Feels a part of a big family.
Front-End Management (permanent) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 May 2018
I gained more confidence and learned a lot. The hardest part is when you are asked to pack and you have to lift heavy items because they don't allow even big items to be left in the cart.
Pros
Executive card
Cons
Not enough hours given because of favouritism
environnement de travail agreable
Montréal, QC (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 May 2018
• Travailler avec le logiciel LabXpert et Ubik dans l’environnement pharmaceutique
• Compléter des prescriptions de patients à travers des tâches organisées
• Donner un service professionnel aux clients avec une connaissance avancée du domaine pharmaceutique
• Maximiser la productivité et la satisfaction des clients à travers un travail efficace autonome ou en équipe
• Gérer les bases de données du système pour garder les dossiers organisés et structurés
• Promouvoir les services de la pharmacie et ses promotions à tous ses clients
• Établir des relations amicales et de confiance avec les clients pour s’assurer de leur loyauté et de leur satisfaction
Fast paced
Merch/Front End/Produce Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON18 May 2018
The hourly/workload ratio is absolute ludicrous at this company. Seemed to me like certain departments would clearly be doing less work and are getting paid the same (if not more than others). Very unprofessional people working there and most higher end managers seemed to be pretending to care about the work and did not take it as serious as they should have been.
Pros
Paid 15 min breaks
Cons
Zero shift flexibility, poor hours
very friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 May 2018
loved working as a sales associates in costco. got a chance to interact with lot of people and friendly environment. but there is no proper management of allotting shifts.
Great workplace
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga16 May 2018
Fun and great staff, always got along well with everyone. Very easy to move up and the hire from within which is very good and the pay is really outstanding
Seasonal
Associate (Former Employee) –  Alberta16 May 2018
As a seasonal employee you get to work off hours to restock inventory. In Alberta, they start you at $13/hour. Might have changed now but its not impressive until you get a perm. position and a few years with them under your belt. Then its certainly worth it.
Pros
Served great appreciation lunch over Christmas
a good place to work, good salary, good benefit, good company
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2018
Costco teach me to be punctual at work, help me to explore different kind of job teach me how to work as a team, to multi tasking , to show how to be a customer service,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2