Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Summer Student
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 December 2017
I enjoyed my time with Costco. I learned a lot. It is a fast paced environment and work goes by so fast. The environment it so friendly. They offer student jobs in the summer.
Fun and good work environment
Front End Cashier/ Cart Pusher (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 November 2017
Was extremely positive and lots of skills were learned and plenty of opportunities were provided for advancement through the company.fjelfkekfifkrkcjdjdj
Good Career Path For No-Skill Persons
Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 November 2017
Great place to work, management level employees are generally happy and accommodating. Reminiscent of a low-skill unionized environment where understandably so, many low to no-skill workers cling to any authority and influence to constantly secure their position because they know if they were to ever have to leave they don't have much that is transferable.
Pros
Good benefits if you ever get them, Good managers
Cons
Difficult to get full time
Fast pace environment
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON28 November 2017
Fast moving environment that required one to keep up a positive attitude and fast pace. An average day consisted of moving from place to place, from duty to duty based on the staff and needs of the warehouse. You were expected to keep up and work efficiently regardless of the task at hand.
Amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB25 November 2017
The hours were very accommodating. The employees weren't always the nicest or fairest. The wages were above average, highly recommend as a place to work.
Fun work environment
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 November 2017
Great people to work with, great benefits. Great enviornment to work in , the friendly co-workers really helped me stay as long as i did. The reason i lwft was because of the phycial abuse from the customers
productive
Front End Assisstant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2017
Company has a very strong management structure. Working in the tire sales department was a big leaning curve for me. I learned a lot on this job which will give me help all my life
A company that cares about their employees
Cashier/Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 November 2017
Typical day at work is essentially very fast paced. There are high expectations because the company values their reputation. The employees are paid better wages and offered benefits that not many other companies offer.
Very fast paced
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 November 2017
It is a fast paced environment where you have to be able to pack groceries quickly and efficiently. If you are not able to do this, then this job might not be for you.
Travail
Service à la clientèle (vente de carte credit) (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC21 November 2017
Emplois super le meilleur que j'aille eu !!! Les gens sont extra et qualité de travaille sont exemplaire.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2017
Costco has a good work atmosphere and is a great place for students to work as they are really flexible and also have an CSRP program which allows students to have days off when needed for extra studying time.
amazing team and great opportunities.
Front End Service Clerk and Membership Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC21 November 2017
Working for Costco is great, along with the fact that everyone is a team player. Teamwork is what you can get and what you can see when working for this company. You will be given the opportunity to work in the majority of the departments depending on your experience and skills. But they never limit you, because there are always new opportunities for you to experience. Even if you don't have experience in a department, they'll give you training so that you'll feel confident enough to do it yourself. I was personally given the opportunity to work in many departments. Every day at work a new door is opened for you. Your voice and your concerns will be heard and will be considered. The company always has your back. Whatever the situation may be, you always have your leaders backing you up and helping you every step of the way.
Pros
doors are opened to new opportunities and new challenges
Cons
hours are unpredictable, some shifts are worked outside in harsh weathers
Fun and Safe work environment
Front End Assistant/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 November 2017
Working at Costco was great since it taught me to communicate better with customers and be able to manage busy workflow. The best thing about Costco is my coworkers- they were just great and made every day at work enjoyable.
Best Workplace for students
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 November 2017
I learned how to be responsible.
A typical day at work began with greeting customers, encashing and processing their orders, answering their queries, updating them about upcoming promotions and events, towards the end of the day we greet customers and assist with cleaning the store.
Management is very responsible and welcoming to new staff.
Workplace culture is responsible and understanding.
I didnt find anything difficult at work. I had issues with commuting to this place from my house, but that is a very personal problem.
Meeting new people.
Pros
Sunday Premium, Workers Compensation, Cpp, Student Benefits.
Cons
Close to airport, far from university residence.
Retail
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2017
The best part about working at Costco is the health care benefits as well the people you work with. The salary is higher then most retail jobs however its hard to justify it based on the housing market in Toronto. However most of us stay at Costco because of our co-workers but management can be a pain sometimes.
Productive and Hard Working
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 November 2017
A typical day at Costco is dealing with member(s) questions, helping members when they need a hand with a large item and stocking the shelves at night time for members to shop from the next morning. I learned how to deal with members from the good and difficult times, I learned how to communicate better with my fellow co workers, and I also learned how to become a team player while working with fellow co-workers as well. The hardest part of the job is probably dealing with not so nice members and learning how to deal and cope with them in a proper manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is stocking at night time and finishing your isle on a strict time limit, in a neat and clean fashion.
Benefits
Cons
Working Every Weekend
Productive workplace that teaches you many skills with great opportunities to advance in the company, with good benefits.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON16 November 2017
A typical day at work is fast pace, efficiency is a must. With it being a wholesale you we have members of all sorts coming to buy for business, their own personal use or even recreational and having happy members is a high expectancy at Costco, for employees. We need members satisfied and we do anything to make their visit easy and memorable so that they come back because they pay for our service. Enjoyable part of the job is that what ever department you work in that all employees are helpful to one another. Also from time to time the warehouse gives back to all employees for good work performance and excelling in sales. Hardest part of the job is to prepare for when ROM come to the buildings to make sure we are maintain and trying to excel in Costco standards.
Great Work Place
Wrapper and Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 November 2017
Costco has a wide variety of jobs that offer great benefits and pension over time. Feels like you're part of a big team. Lots of good people to work with.
Student Summer Job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 November 2017
They only allow students to work during the summer months and pay decent hourly wages to students. It allowed me to save up money for the next school year without worrying about working full time while in school.
Pros
higher wages
Cons
Long Hours
Very Fast Paced Environment
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 November 2017
Very fast paced environment. A lot was expected to be done in a short amount of time. Lots of food was wasted instead of being donated to food bank and less fortunate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2