Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 2,171 reviews matching the search
Hands down Favourite job I’ve ever had. really wish it was easier to get hired on full time. No wonder no one wants to leave. would work there forever
Working at costco is physically demanding and you have to work every single weekend. You're only days off are in the middle of the week making it poor work/life balance. Management is rude and has favorites. Don't ever get hurt on the job because they will hate you for it. The pay isn't good unless you've worked there for 5 years consistently. The worst thing is there is alot of gossip at Costco.
Pros
Free food samples
Cons
Long hours; Poor management; gossip in workplace
My coworkers were all very nice, everyone was friendly, the atmosphere was nice and it was fast paced so the days went by very quickly! Most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I met!
Pros
Good hours, good pay!
Cons
Long days on your feet, sometimes extremely fast paced depending on how busy it is
Great place to work! Would still be working there if my schedule didn’t conflict with my husbands. Aside from some gossip with a lot of the ladies, it was enjoyable for the most part. Certain cliques got fast tracked to supervisor/ manager when it wasn’t earned.
Pros
Raises based on hours worked. Pretty flexible with hours.
Cons
Sometimes you get beat out for posted based on seniority, not necessarily experience.
They couldn't even keep their promises from the interview to me regarding the type of hours I would be working, start out at minimum wage to do slave labor in the mornings for high strung, stressed out, passive-aggressive managers. In my 30s...frankly don't need that attitude for min wage at this point in my life, thanks but no thanks guys.
Pros
discounts with insurance companies, get to be a member of Costco
Cons
early hours, high strung management, lie in interview process
Have been working for Costco.ca for awhile now, very much enjoy working for the company. They take good care of us and some sups and management do care about you as a person not as an employee. Yes, agree there are a lot of apps to learn, need to keep up to date on the ongoing promotions offered, that's all part of the job. Since COVID-19 came to Canada in March 2020 Costco has taken all the necessary safety measures and government guidelines and have kept us safe through the entire pandemic. Never worked in the warehouses, would like to thank them for all their hard work they do each and everyday for the members. THANK YOU!
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
n/a
Job was fast paced and hard work but staff was friendly and helpful. Easy to understand and simple expectations made work fairly stress free. Recommend this position if you are a student searching for work.
Les employer s'assoit sur leur ancienneté. Pour les temps partiel ont dirait qu'il en veulent pas Si ça fait 5 ans que tu travail a 8 hres par senaine ou un partiel qui en travail 35 tu ne pourra jamais rattraper personne.. comment voulez vous être motiver
Pros
Augmention rapide du salaire apres les 2 premiere annes annee
Cons
Beaucoup
A lot work for just $14 dollars hour. People are amazing good cooworkers. But not enough money and hours. They offer 4 dollars extra on Sun but usually I worked 4 hours on Sundays and night shift.
Benefits
Cons
A few hours, not overtime
Costco is never slow. A typical day consists of preparing baked goods, and making sure the workplace is clean. The work is hard but most people are upbeat, and managers work to boost moral. The hardest part of the job is the physical strain; heavy lifting is required. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to taste new products.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Physical labour
They talk motto but do not walk it...Walmart/McDonald's style culture. Intense training, sub par to practice application, 6mo contract (if you didn't drop out or asked to leave), competitive immature culture, fairly abusive all around to be honest. I fulfilled the 6mo, but would Not recommend it! I worked "customer service" for US contract.Ppl are/where disposable. Brutal, Truly Hellish
Pros
Needed a job, got one
Cons
Pay vs Sanity? Twisted
Fun and Awesome place to work in if one is prepared to be hardworking. Co-workers and Managers support you all the time and are always happy to help. Overall, a great place to work.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Career Growth
During a typical day at work me and my crew would great each other and punch in at the same time, after punching in each one of my crew members would go to their different departments and begin to work after we gave each other a motivational talk, i worked in several departments but ecom was my main one. In this department i learned how to unload trucks, package orders and label them for customers, receive items in various aisles and put them in a box to be packaged, and lastly I completed several large orders for the company. I learned the discipline that is involved with dealing with peoples orders and the wonders of teamwork, overall this job was amazing and I'm looking for the same kind of job experience.
Pros
free lunches, food bar in the cafeteria, time and a half payment for overtime work
Cons
achieving a full time job is hard (i was a seasonal worker)
Becoming employed with Costco is life changing in the most positive ways in that the job allows you to enjoy a better financially secure life for you and your family
Pros
So many
Cons
Not many
Loved the atmosphere at Costco (Dundas creekside Mississauga location) very multicultural and everyone so respectful and working as a team Would work there again :)
Pros
Time flies as it’s a fast pace work environment
Cons
On your feet all day so need time to stretch end of the day to avoid sore back and legs
Great place to work Management and coworkers are fun and great to work with Excellent wages and although retail environment still enjoyable to go to work
Horrible customer service using excellence plus plan. They claim to fix your electronics, instead they dont repair it and then keep your electronics without any options open. They refuse to negotiate, and then they delay multiple times to speak to supervisors and make excuses when you contact them on phone and dont put important info on the repair paper. I advise anyone to never get their warranty plan.
Good employer ,good work place and good co worker.in my time i work at costco its been great and honor to works and they give support and proper training too every step o the way so thanks costco great experience from your for me thanks again.
learned communication skills learned marketing skills learned various things about cooking and selling the product. made new friends friendly environment
Promotion is based on tenure within the company. Lots of different department opportunities. Easy to get part time, but difficult to get full time hours
Pros
fast paced
Cons
Poor inter department communication
Always being rushed and management doesn't listen to you. Not a fun place to work. A lot of drama and dont get to enjoy your break time in peace.The members are also very rude to you for no reason.
  1. Employee reviews