Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 1,453 reviews matching the search See all 8,097 reviews
good workplace
STOCKER (CLOTHING) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 November 2018
It is indeed a good place to work, competitive salary and kind bosses. They don't give you tough jobs. only those which is under your responsibilities and based on your ability
Costco Review
Front Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON20 November 2018
It was a great place to work for a seasonal position. After the holiday season of that year, my contract ended. Great peoples and good work atmosphere.
Pros
Atmosphere, discounts, customers, salary
Cons
it was a temporary contract
Semi
Emballeur/ Marchandiseur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 November 2018
Je n'avais pas le coeur au travail dans cette organisation, car mes études étaient plus importantes. Cependant, il est vrai que leur culture et leur traitement de leurs employés laisse à désirer. Ils ne se basent que sur le fait qu'ils les paient bien.
Pros
Bon salaire
Cons
Pauvre en gestion de conflits/accommodements
milieu de travail agréable
Caissière et service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jérôme, QC20 November 2018
emballer les commandes des clients
être caissière au service, si moins occupé aller plier linge sur le plancher
à l'entrée accueillir les membres/ vérifier les factures à la sortie
milieu de travail agréable
travail soutenu pendant de longues heures
très bonnes relations avec le personnel
le personnel de direction ouvert
Pros
activités organisées pour les employés plusieurs fois dans l'année
Tiring
Meat Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 November 2018
Kind of leaves you empty if you don't have ways to escape. Retail is not for everyone. But if you are looking for security and a chance to move up with hard work and alot of time Costco is a great place for you
Productive and well maintained work place
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 November 2018
Typical day at work. Very friendly environment. Everyone is helping each other out. Loved how we had free lunches on every holiday events. Each department is very well organized and well maintained. I have learned a lot of management skills and how to manage everything in certain amount of time. How to deal with customers and up sell them. Over all I had a very lovely experience working at Costco wholesale
Pros
Events, Health Benefits, Free food, Friendly environment
Cons
Less hours
Great for every age but for different reasons
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 November 2018
If you're a student - they give you the hours you want.
If you're a part time - they give you some benefits
If you're a full time - they give you the best benefits in the world and they try their best to make sure you're happy/safe/taken care of.

Stay here for like 25+ years and you'll be able to own a couple houses because you get raises depending on how many hours you've worked. Some employees make over $25 an hour.

Chill worklife, and everyone is super welcoming.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Gets boring
busy place!
Meat assistant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON17 November 2018
i am part time of meat assistant in costco.They only paid us minimum pay when i employed.I am got 25 cents extra because i have been worked 1040 hrs on Oct,2018..Costco has lot of work in each dept and they will push u work fast(they want u work like robot).Their schedule for every week different ,u have to available from Mon to Sun 6am to 11pm at any time.They only guarantee at least 25hrs a week.Some weeks u get 30hrs,some weeks u get 28 or 35hrs.If u lucky u will get 40hrs,but no more than 40 hrs because they dont want pay overtime..........they are liar they advertisement they paid competitive wages(basic pay).
Pros
free membership
Cons
hard to promote to full time
busy
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2018
worked at costco wholesale as a seasonal employee. experienced were fine, very busy place and it's a fast-paced environment. Management were fine and treated employees fair
not a bad job
Marketing/Customer Service Associate & Maintenance (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 November 2018
not a bad job
some departments have some cut throat assosiates partially because it is hard to get a full time position there so everyone is always concerned about what everyone else is doing
Cons
takes a long time to get full time
poorly managed stressful job
Lot Attendant/Stock Worker /Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON15 November 2018
typically you would come into work under staffed and over worked every single day.Managegment will typically place all the responsiibility on to employees when things are going poorly. if you buy them coffees and work for free on your days off you might get promoted to supervisor
Productive and high paced work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 November 2018
Costco is a very fast paced retail working environment. Management is always understanding and makes your job a lot easier. Would recommend this job to anyone working on their customer service or management skills.
Good Summer Student Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 November 2018
Costco Provided easy part time work , good pay for a retail position and flexible hours. Sundays were paid an extra 4 dollars an hour which was a great bonus.
Difficult to achieve full-time
Pharmacy Assistant, Co-op and part-time (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 November 2018
Hard to get full time and not consistent schedule. Must be open to work at all hours. Hard to balance work and life. Management focused only on staff hours and making them as minimal as possible.
poste
Préposée a la boulangerie (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 November 2018
Une très belle expérience au milieu de la boulangerie.
Cons
courte pause
It was a great summer Job
Caissier et emballeur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 November 2018
I learned to work in small groups and interact with a lot of customers. Time would fly by because of the heavy work load. I specially appreciated the overtime pay on weekends.
Pros
flexible hours and great staff
Cons
repetitive working environment
Great company that treat their employees with respect.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON13 November 2018
A typical day at Costco is pretty straight forward. The manager would usually prepare a rough idea of what needs to be completed for that day and the staff would work off of that.
Through my many years at Costco I picked up strong customer service skills. I gained the patience and ability to handle stressful and tough issues the customers may encounter.
Overall Costco is a great company and I would recommend the company to anyone looking for work.
benefits
Productive and fast-paced working environment
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON12 November 2018
A typical day at work is active and fast-paced with excellent staff and positive working environment. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with a diverse range of friendly staff and always having new exciting things to do.
Pros
employee appreciation lunches
Cons
physically demanding
Costco, overall, is a great company to work for and does offer opportunity for advancement
Night Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC12 November 2018
Making sure our members are taken care of is the most important part of our daily job. We need to make sure product is available and easily accessible to our members. The work environment is quite enjoyable, very much like a family away from home. I'd say that is my most enjoyable part of the job. It makes it feel less like work. There is always something to do, and when it is busy we are required to prioritize order of importance for making our product on the sales floor accessible and tidy. Sometimes this can be hard because you are pulled in different directions, so learning to do one thing at a time is important, but can be hard to follow.
Fast Food Services
Food Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 November 2018
- fast pace environment
- friendly team setting
- can be overwhelming at times when there are a lot of people in line to service

Throughout the time I have worked there, I have taken the whole experience as a lesson, being; you need to do things you don't want to do now so you won't have to do it for the rest of your life thereafter.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2