Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

entreprise ayant un très bon environnement de travail
Commis au restaurant (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC3 January 2018
Ambiance dynamique où la rapidité et l'efficacité sont de mise!
Pros
carte de membre gratuit
Cons
je ne peux pas travailler lorsque je suis aux études
very great team member to work with.
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2018
Check logs for incoming daily products. Organize staff schedule. Complete order and receiving data. Make complete inventory safety checks.Check with each cashier to make sure cash is correct. Fill in with all aspects of costco team members when needed
Pros
great team members
Cons
some very heavy lifting of products.
Fun work place, friendly and open minded staff members but unstable hours
Night Merchandise Stocker (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB2 January 2018
Friendly staff, kind local customers, fast pace work, always busy however, always talk about how much heavy income they receive each week but cant afford to give part time employees a minimum of 25 hours a week (which was promise among joining the team) Lack of extra shifts. Hard to get a second job with unstable hours
Pros
friendly staff, open minded, enjoyable workplace
Cons
Not enough hours, always talk about payrolls high income but cant afford to give hours?
Very good, safe place to work
Cashier, Merchandising Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON31 December 2017
Company was very good at maintaining safety standards. All necessary tools and safety precautions were provided with regular re-training of new rules and regulations
Amazing job and management but awful hours
Seasonal Cashier/Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BC30 December 2017
this job has an amazing atmosphere and coworkers. our management was nice and easy to work with. training was on the go and not always comprehensive but you figured it out quickly.
Pros
free membership, awesome benefits
Cons
lack of hours
amazing
pharmacy assistant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 December 2017
amazing experience which ia proudly remember that,,i have learn a lot from costco and i will go back for sure because the job security is so imortant to me.
Management and enjoyable part of working in costco
Costco Front end assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 December 2017
Always a busy day, Learned till. Getting carts/buggies are hard.
Management has a hard time changing time schedules even though they have options. One employee quit because she had another job and asked them to schedule her in the afternoons management she couldn't so she had to leave costco. She asked them to schedule her 530-1030 but they kept scheduling 230-1030pm or 6pm - 11pm.
Best part would be the normal/ frontend or costco employees they're fun to work with always in a good mood and talking to friendly costco members.
Bakery is the best to work in
BAKERY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC27 December 2017
I got paid to basically work-out doing heavy lifting in the bakery. It was awesome. I wish i never quit. My coworkers were my family. My manager encouraged me to work hard and grow as a person. The warehouse manager ensured we were trained well and knew what was going on in the business. Once a month they would review financials and goals with staff. The ceo shook my hand and thanked me for working at Costco. He shook everyones hand and was so kind and down to earth.
Pros
Treated like a human being. Aprons are washed for you.
Cons
Low wage when starting out. Forced united way contributions.
Great company to work for
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 December 2017
One of the few companies that creates a good work environment for employees. Great pay, great benefits!

Working at the warehouse is great, with the option of moving around to multiple positions easily.
Fun
Photo Centre Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 December 2017
You can learn a lot of skills and meet new people. Very busy place to work at that time flies so fast. Great benefits and fair wage for everyone. You can be trained in different departments
Excellent working place
Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 December 2017
I am enjoying working in Costco, managers and colleagues are very nice, but the working time is flexible and salary is pretty reasonable. I love this place.
Productive and fun to work at majority of the times.
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2017
My typical day working at Costco was great, i learned about communication skills more and how to work as a team when it gets extremely busy at the workplace.
travail en équipe
Marchandisage et service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC14 December 2017
on apprend très bien chez costco on travaille en équipe
Pros
tres bonne ambiance
Cons
aucun
Forklift Driver/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 December 2017
Working at Costco is a good place to work. All the staff and managers are very helpful. They look towards the needs of the employees and help in any way possible.
Good company to work with
Stocker/Cashier/Merch (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 December 2017
Costco have a opendoor policy and you can talk to anyone about anything.
Everyone in the management were very nice and helpful
Working there is fast paced
It felt that everyone in Costco was a family.
Pros
Free membership, good wage, good management, free food
Cons
Takes a while to become a fulltime
great
Inventory Auditor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2017
excellent place to work. friendly co workers and management staff. good benefits and wages. paid vacation after 1 year. job security. fun place to go too. able to shop
environnement agréable et productif
COMMIS (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC7 December 2017
L’un des plus grands détaillants au monde, Costco est une chaîne de détaillants au rabais dans le domaine de la vente en gros fondée sur l’adhésion. Environ 600 établissements Costco existent dans le monde entier. Costco Canada compte environ 80 établissements. La chaîne internationale de détaillant gère des points de vente dans neuf provinces canadiennes. Costco a vu le jour au début des années 1980 comme un moyen pour tirer tout le parti possible du marché émergent de la distribution en gros. Une fusion avec Price Club en 1993 a préparé la voie à la croissance et, éventuellement, l’expansion sur les marchés internationaux comme le Canada.
High turn over rate with no sense of management
Prepper, Receiver and Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB6 December 2017
The management in Airdrie warehouse have their favorites and treat everyone else poorly. You will reach the top if youre best friends with management.
Pros
Free meals once and awhile
Cons
Good work ethics, large company, support their employees for advancement
Student Work Program (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 December 2017
A typical day was helping the cashier with packing/loading the customers goods into boxes, bags and their cart.
I found the customers entertaining and engaging.
Talking to the customers was an uplifting part of my day, learning about different aspects of their lives.
This was one of the most enjoyable parts of my job.
The staff I worked with were very supportive of my college endeavors and encouraged my learning ability.
Costco has very good work ethics and values which I feel is important.
Pros
lots of room for advancement through the company
Summer Student
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 December 2017
I enjoyed my time with Costco. I learned a lot. It is a fast paced environment and work goes by so fast. The environment it so friendly. They offer student jobs in the summer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2