Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Productive, Great team work
Cashier. Stocker. Food Sampler, Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB26 April 2018
I loved working with customers, I enjoyed working with a wonderful team. I had to leave because of school but loved going to work. I learned being patient and as helpful with customers as possible. I was generally very great with customers.
Pros
Benefits, Great coworkers
Cons
Running out of boxes for customers, and a set amount of hours
Overall a very rewarding work experience
Night Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 April 2018
During my employment at Costco Wholesale, I found that my coworkers were very dependable and easy to get along with. The management team was always willing and able to assist in tasks that required more than one person. They were also generally friendly, and if one were to put in 110% every day, the individual would be rewarded accordingly. Overall this was quite a lovely work experience, and I honestly would not mind working for this company again in the future.
Pros
Lots of opportunity for advancement, affordable wages
Cons
Indoors
Great Place to work
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 April 2018
Fast Paced Environment. Busy from start to finish
Management Fair and gave clear instructions of Expectations
Job more Physical than you'd expect but gave a good challenge
Compagnie fixée sur la vente et la sollicitaion
Faire renouvellement des cartes de membre (Former Employee) –  Saint-Hubert (57)26 April 2018
Très (trop) axée sur la vente (à pression) beaucoup de sollicitation.
Par contre il y a beaucoup d'entraide entre les employés
Pros
belle ambiance entre les employés
Cons
courtes pause de 15 minutes pour manger
Although at time there were time constraints, being employed by Costco was a very new experience.
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 April 2018
My coworkers were kind and thoughtful were quick to assist you if you had any problems or you requested assistance, it was a very likeable and pleasurable environment .
Pros
It was a friendly environment .
Cons
Lack of workers
Great, friendly workplace
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC24 April 2018
Costco is a great environment to work in, very spacious, hours are flexible and the pay rate is great, they offer a pension plan, benefits after 4 months, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people I get a long with very well, the training process was very easy so I had no issue learning brand new things at this work place.
Pros
Hourly wages, Flexible hours, great communication with co-workers
Productive and fun workplace
Front-end Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 April 2018
Productive and fun workplace. Many departments to work in, and great benefits. There is also an excellent salary and room for growth coupled with experience.
Best job I've ever had
Seasonal Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 April 2018
I honestly can't complain about anything. There were really awful coworkers who would straight up bully you like you're in elementary school. There was some favoritism with management that was very obvious, but other than that it was a great experience! I sadly only was there for a seasonal position, but I hope to go back.
Pros
Stable and Beneficial
Cons
Mean CoWorkers
Tim Hortons
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 April 2018
Amazing work culture, multi-tasking helps you in brushing your skills how to work in Canadian environment, improves customer dealing and communication skills.
Great place to work!
Front End Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 April 2018
Costco goes above and beyond to take care of their employees. They are one of the only large corporations that really tries to connect with each of their employees on an individual level. I would recommend working there to anyone.

Want to know more about Costco Wholesale?

Ask a question
Supervisors were power hungry
Cashier and shopping cart collector (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC21 April 2018
Usually started by collecting shopping carts in the parking lot for a few hours followed by cashiering a few hours and then back outside collecting carts. The work was easy and the people generally friendly. I did not like some of the supervisors who were power hungry and thought they were better than people because their pay was higher.

Overall it was a decent part time job with flexible hours, it just didn't suit me.
Awful management of good workers
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 April 2018
Lack of professionalism within management. Heavy and repetitive workload falls on hardest working. managers push these people day in, day out to do more with less time.
Pros
free membership
Cons
management & scheduling - always busy
Bon employeur
Étalagiste (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 April 2018
Très bonne compagnie avec de bons avantages. J'ai apprécié travailler pour Costco Wholesale.
Pros
Bonne ambiance
Cons
horaire changeant sans pré-avis
Greatest work environment
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 April 2018
No stress at work coworkers work in a team environment format, managers are easy going transparent supervisors are enthusiastic and opened minded and behave in a professional manner.
Pros
Mast be a dedicated worker who enjoys working in a team stracture.
Cons
If no Honesty and professional attitude you can be let go.
Busy but not chaotic!
CRSP (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 April 2018
I love working at the Peterborough location! I liked most of my coworkers. The food court is filled with fun-loving individuals. My manager would do anything in her power to help you whenever you need it! Always oppurtunities for more work in other departments. Hardest part of the job was probably being on your feet all day and scrubbing the floors, as long as you can keep a level head when dealing with exacting customers.
Only contract
E-Commerce contact agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 April 2018
I was hired as a contact center agent under a seasonal contract. The management and other team members told us (about 40 got hired around the same time) to not worry and we would most likely to get our contracts extended. Time passed, and after the holiday season passed, we were all told our contracts would not be extended, which was a let down after others told us not to worry. I don't have a problem with a seasonal contract ending, just don't give the false hope.
Good work environment, Bad management team.
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2018
A typical day in the life of a Cashier Assistant would include unloading/loading carts, grabbing an item for a member, cashier duties (if you're cash trained), boxing member's items, and providing great customer service.

I've learned how to become more patient when working with difficult and rude members, learned to call for help when needed, and learned how to be more patient with management. You also have to learn when to make a joke you think might be funny as someone might be offended by it.

Management in my branch have very little communication with one another, and lack management and leadership skills. They can be very unprofessional, disorganized, and show favoritism.

The workplace culture and environment is very relaxed. We have a very casual dress code. I have no complaints with fellow coworkers, as everyone who works here is very friendly and approachable.

The hardest part of the job is definitely learning how to bite your tongue and tell yourself that an argument with a member isn't worth getting in trouble for. Some members can be very rude and disrespectful, in which you would call for a supervisor. You should be patient and verbal if someone needs your help with loading their cart, as some people are very particular.

The most enjoyable part of this job is definitely how neat and nice you pack the cart. As well as the friendly atmosphere within coworkers, and occasional nice member you can joke and bond with. Plus, seeing a member walk off with a smile on their face as you tell them to have a nice day is very rewarding, at least for me.
Pros
Free membership after 3 month probation period, friendly coworkers, constant 25 hour work week.
Cons
Late shifts, hard to move up due to seniority, management team is unprofessional.
Hard work defiantly pays off working here!!!
Baker Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 April 2018
They take really good care of their employees. It is hard work and very fast paced but it makes the day go by fast. Really good place to work, highly recommend if you get a job there to work to impress cause you could get a career out of it.
Pros
Benefits, good pay, flexible hours
great fun faced paced enviroment
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 April 2018
this job was a great experience as i got to work with great people who were motivated and loved doing what they do. the management treating everyone like a big family. it was a a joy to work at. however tasks became mono and repetitive and opportunity for personal advancement was limited
Pros
got to work with bakery goods
Cons
restricted workforce
productive and good place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 April 2018
great place to work. go in do your job mingle go home people are great hardest is dealing with meat garbage most enjoyable is no one breathing down your neck to rush you to finish unless the store is about to open.
Pros
good benefits, pay
Cons
start off seasonal in hopes of getting in full time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2