Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 2,171 reviews matching the search
Hands down Favourite job I’ve ever had. really wish it was easier to get hired on full time. No wonder no one wants to leave. would work there forever
The work itself is laborious and repetitive. However, management and coworkers are very friendly, making it a positive work environment. A typical day as a stocker/merchandiser involves stocking the floor before opening on a morning shift, and keeping the floor clean and helping members with questions during a day shift.
Pros
one 30min paid and one 30min unpaid break during an 8 1/2 hour shift.
Cons
Laborious and repetitive work
I worked here when I was in University. It was good as a Student, but a very prideful organization to work for. Days were unorthodox as a Morning Stocker, and management was very bad at communicating things properly. On top of that, you're sometimes dealing with coworkers and customers on top of that who don't respect their employees. Very individualistic environment as everyone is in it for themselves. There is team work at times, but that depends on the department you work in. It was good for a season, but I'd never go back and work there. Money isn't everything, but its showed me that those at the top can be very miserable and resentful about their lives. Too much people please in this environment. You don't have to place anyone, especially when people here don't respect you or don't treat you well. Do in, do your job, and keep your work and personal life separate. Very few people in the retail industry aren't trustworthy to open up to anyways. Also, there is more focus on loyalty there. There were people who were there so many years and made more than I did, yet I would work harder than some of the people in my department and made less. Seniority matters apparently, so be ready to work there for numerous years just to make top rate. Good for a season, but not worth it in the long term. There are better opportunities out there. Other ways to grow and learn. I got tired being around toxic people all the time, and glad I left when I did.
Pros
Flexible if you're a college student. Variety in trying out different departments.
Cons
Horrible management, terrible hours, miscommunication, Employees are very entitled, rude at times, and ignorant, Stupid seniority system: Based on longevity rather than how hard someone works.
I was totally hyped about working at Costco when I first got hired, After all the great things I heard about working there, 3 months in I realize it was stressful, Highly demanding and the hourly rate didn't match the amount of work I was responsible for, long story short I ended up quitting and walking out, I met some nice people along the way but I also met A lot of rude unhelpful ones aswell, If you decide to work here don't go into it with high expectations for success like I did and don't believe all the hype, about the wages&benefits And perhaps most importantly try to just avoid working in the bakery department all together, As it's usually ran by miserable middle aged women who like to gossip and spread rumours.
Pros
Decent wages after the first 1-2 years on the payroll
Cons
stressful, fast paced, low starting wage, highly demanding, Toxic coworkers who like to gossip.
Bon salaire, espace de travail sécuritaire et productif
Cons
Temps et horaire
Gestionnaires stressants, environnement de travail non-respectueux, aucune compréhension des dirigeants face aux étudiants, aucune flexibilité d’horaire, abus de pouvoir, harcèlement au travail, direction inhumaine, trop gros rendement demandé aux employés, aucun côté humain... il n’y a pas de justice chez Costco, donc si vous voulez monter, c’est en léchant des postérieurs.
Pros
Bon salaire et bonnes assurances (évidemment sinon ils perdraient tous leurs employés)
Cons
Beaucoup d’employés partent en arrêt de travail dû aux burn outs...
Everyone always seems up tight.. some nice people, management not so much. Not flexible with hours. Hard to get full time, probably takes 3-5 years at earliest..
Mornings go by quickly. Hardworking staff with decent training. Staff not all happy. Good management. Not enough hand jacks for every morning guy. Fastpaced enviroment
Pros
Indoors
Cons
Early mornings
I do highly recommend this particular location. Costco St. John's, one of the best workplaces! Great benefits, lovely teammates, and awesome supportive Admin Team Management (who I dealt with)!
Pay is fine with an extra $ on Sunday’s but Management is awful they’ll talk bad about employees and let said employees treat everyone like garbage just because they can. After being treated unfairly by coworkers I was told to grow up and get over it. They’ll hire you as part time but make you work full time hours just so they don’t have to give you full benefits. Scheduling is awful as well.
Not bad for part time job, but the pay was too low, I accepted it because i needed to work to pay my bills, i worked the Christmas season as a night stocker, even though i have a lot of skills/experience, I did not mind to work whatever to get payed, because i needed to.The work environment was good and i enjoyed it, but eventually i had to quit to a better pay opportunity.And yes, if they give me more hours and a better pay I will work at Costco again
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Low Pay
The store always is full of people. You have to move a lot of bulky stuffs in the store. And also you have to be careful to not hit the customers in the store with them. It is a very fast pace workplace and you have to move around a lot. And you have to answer to a lot of question from customers. And working there start at 15$/ hour, whether your are a cleaner, a cart pusher (very hard job), a cashier assistant, a merchandise.
My experience at Costco was pleasant and informative. I met great people with i still get in touch and I learned important skill which I am using in my daily practice.
Pros
good team work, good salary, good benefits, good work/life balance, good breaks
Cons
Overall I believe I had a positive experience at Costco. I worked as a part-time night merchandiser. I left because my hours were getting too much and I was heading into my final year of university, which meant, I did not have the necessary extra time to be working late on some weekdays and almost every weekend. My hours usually went from 6 pm-11 pm. Because I was a merchandiser, we would stock and clean everything at night after the store closed. The co-workers were all great. It is a team environment as you usually get grouped up with other people in specific areas, but very fast-paced as well, especially during the holidays. You have to be on top of everything with deadlines and making sure everything is stocked by a certain time. I did feel some managers did not care about employees at all. It is a labour job, so there was a lot of "ordering people around". There were a few managers who were very good though. Overall if you think it sounds like something you would enjoy, I would recommend 9especially as part-time). After working there for a year, I learnt that It wasn't something I wanted to do any longer and the 1-year experience was enough for me. The pay is good, especially when working on holidays, but you do get called in a lot when other employees can't make it to work, or it is a particularly busy day/night.
Pros
collaberative, work freedom, co-workers
Cons
Late shifts, Repetativeness, Some Managers
Most Unprofessionally managed Customer service Contact center. To begin with they cant manage training cycle in a proper way . - No Planning - Can change the location,timings of training on the fly - They dont have a professional attitude to acknowledge if there is anything wrong on their side. - Treat trainees in the most unprofessional way - Some trainers dont have professional attitude - they can judge you in most unethical way- Seriously i didnt expect this kind of caustic environment from an organization like Costco. I can go on and on about the way of working - All they care is about how fast you serve your customers- They seriously don't care about the customer satisfaction (Only Online Customers)
Pros
Great Organization
Cons
Worst attitude of some of the management -
Belle entreprise, dynamomètre et flexible pour les étudiants
They work you to the bone, saying that to "stand out" and get a permanent position, you need to prove yourself. So you say yes to everything and work many hours (while you're "cheap" to the company) in whatever position they put you in ("don't worry about sales goals, today we need you here"). At the end of your contract, they will spit you out, because you didnt sell enough memberships and because they have no openings and it's really hard to become full-time - when in reality they will need people but will just hire new seasonals.
Cons
cut-throat environment, overly competitive collegues - most of all don't even bother getting to know seasonals
I really enjoy working at Costco, all the employees, and management always make it enjoyable for me to come to work. The management is fair but reasonable, they are 9/10 easygoing however they will put you in your place when needed which is always a good thing. We always have fun as long as the work is being prioritized.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Used to work for costco for over 7 years and the management team didn’t know what they were doing and everyone is for themselves even if they preach they’re a family.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Bad management
You don't have an specific position, they will move you around. If you are not friend of management, they will send you to push carts. Pays well, but treat really bad.
Pros
Wage
Cons
stressful, bad management, no respect
I worked in the food service part of Costco and honestly it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Sure you can get absolutely slammed and running around for hours on end but the breaks really help divide it up and my co workers were all fantastic. Very collaborative and I miss many of my co workers.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Picky management
  1. Employee reviews