Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 January 2018
I enjoyed working with the other employees, the supervisors were very professional. I enjoyed how friendly everyone was. This is one of the best jobs i have worked at. the most enjoyable part of the job was how face paced everything was.
Excellent workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2018
My time with Costco was great. I took time off when I had a child and even though I was pregnant they took very good care of me as an employee. Now my child is grown and I would like to return to the workforce.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
A respectable and fast paced work environment
Front End Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC15 January 2018
Honestly one of the best places I have ever worked (seasonal position). Amazing management who really cares for their employees. Not a place to work at if you're looking for easy pay. You put in the work, you'll be respected. I would come back here in a heartbeat.
Good place for young people
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2018
It's a good place to work, good job security, pay and benefits are also good. Like with any retail, you will get 40 hours only during holidays. Any chances to move up are based on your seniority, merits and qualifications are not the main criteria. Lifting heavy products is expected. Warehouse environment.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Advancement is not by merits but by seniority.
Costco's solid reputation is well deserved.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  693 wonderland15 January 2018
A typical day at Costco involved helping customers find products, removing cardboard boxes, and stocking shelves with incoming product at the end of the shift.
Pros
high wages.
Cons
job security
Good benefits
Morning and Evening Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC and St john's NL13 January 2018
wage was good, and guaranteed hours. However managemnent at the NL location made me want to quite. Hated that location, but enjoyed my work at the surrey BC location
Nice work environment, decent benefits, badly organized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 January 2018
While it is a good time to be at work and be surrounded by good people, the organization of the company's employee files was terrible. I lost my job because they could no longer find me in the system after clarification with manager that I was a seasonal employee. More details should be taken into consideration by company but otherwise not a bad place to work.
Pros
free membership, decent hours, good people
Cons
start or finish either very early or very late, bad employee organization, opinions are ignored
Service A clientèle
Commis (Former Employee) –  Terrebonne, QC10 January 2018
Je suis personne toujours de bonheur souriante
Polyvalente fiable ponctuel honnête
Busy and fast-paced environment
Frontend Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2018
Given ours do not support a balanced life style, however a lot are given. Hourly salary was fair. A typical day was busy but not stressful. I have become stringer at working under a high-pressure situation. Management is really fair, as they consider your outside life schedule for schedule building. Hardest part of the job would be the heavy lifting required for loading assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet and interact with new people, such as customers and employees.
Pros
Plenty of benefits
Cons
Long and inconvenient hours
Environnement de travail agréable
Marchandiseur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 January 2018
Costco est une entreprise incroyable. Très agréable
Pros
équipe formidable
Very good workplace but can have its struggles.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 January 2018
Working at Costco Wholesales was quite the experience, had my first anxiety attack there. It starts off paying fairly well, if you are part-time you would generally work three eight hour shifts and couple of four to five hour shifts. Working there was a lot of fun at times, there's a great little community between all the employee's and everyone knows each other. During the holiday season, Costco can get incredibly busy and that can lead to lunch rushes or dinner rushes and those are very difficult at times.
Pros
Three breaks, two fifteen minute which you are paid for and one thirty minute break which you are not paid for.
Cons
Depends on which area you work in but it can be really stressful and a lot can happen at once, especially during the holiday season.
i did not enjoy it'
Night Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC7 January 2018
i did not enjoy working theyre not very oganized
mean poeple cna be frustrating at times when other poeple are contantly in a bad mood thats all i have to say
Great work experience
Stocker - Casual (Former Employee) –  Victoria6 January 2018
The company culture was great to be a part of during my time with them. During the Christmas rush there were always things to be done but management and team members made it so that the time flew by.
Pros
Great People, great place to work
Great First Job
Cashier /Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 January 2018
Great place to work, fast paced, great co-workers and products you can believe in! They seem to like hiring college / university students and had very low turnover while I worked there. Costco is a company unlike much of their competition and it shows in the overall morale of the workplace!
Pros
The People, The Pay, The Atmosphere
Great atmosphere, lots of room to move, team environment
Cashier/Customer Service/Stocker/Administration (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 January 2018
*Answer calls-take messages or forward calls
*Balance tills daily and record in computer
*Order supplies and all money for the vault
*Keep records of membership cards and gift certificates
*Count money/cheques and balance
*Armored car pick up service
*Pick up mail, sort and distibute into mail slots in office
*Help in accounts payable
*On social committee (president 2x,treasurer 2x)

Enjoyed working in the office environment. I would help in other areas when another co worker was off or as needed. The management is overall a good selection. At times they can push someone too hard or ask too much of one. The hardest part of the job was all the expectations to be done in the timely manner if they pulled you to another area to help. Also if a co worker was ill in a small office environment I would be asked to open at 6-1 then come back at 5-10pm and return next morning for open shift again. Therefore I believe they needed a couple more part time trained to cover in case.
I loved being independent and on my own to be in control of my environment. Let alone on breaks you got to sit with others and learn about them. It was like another home to me.
Pros
Bakes sales, free food to try, Inventory catered food!, Social club get togethers.
Cons
Sometimes the hours 6 am-230, then close 1-930pm hard on the body if you don't sleep well.
free food
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2018
it is busy on weekends more family's come.
you always have to be in a good mood
everyone is respected equally
we have long shifts your legs well start to hurt
everyone is welcoming and nice to work with
Pros
free food
Cons
long shifts
Good work environment
Assistant Deli (Current Employee) –  Rocky View, AB4 January 2018
Costco is a good place to work. I would like to have full time and in a place which is not cold. Great credit back and free membership. The more hours you work the better you earn
Seniority trumps all.
Foklift Operator/Merchandise (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2018
If you don't plan on being there for the rest of your life then don't bother. You start at minimum wage and get a 50 cent raise every 800 hours worked. On top of that those that have earned the top scale wage will continuously find ways to do less and less work making it seem like you're getting payed less to do more than other people. Very frustrating system.
Pros
paid break
Cons
random scheduling, sloppy management
Fun professional work space
night merchant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2018
Was a great experience for me gave me many professional work skills and behaviour which i carry with me to every job. That is if you are a self motivating personality you get out what you put in.
Pros
If you work hard given lots of freedom
Cons
They put too much on seniority instead of who may actually be better suited for promotion.
fun place to work terrible management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2018
working at Costco was definitely a challenge in regards to the leadership and management. Unprofessional and lacking in basic skills. On the plus side my coworkers are fantastic.
Pros
close to home
Cons
poor leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2