Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Somewhat decent place to work
Night Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 July 2018
Great place to work if you have been there for 20+ years. Management is constantly changing, they often play favorites and it can be difficult to advance. Can be a fun workplace, but they often change the rules depending on the warehouse manager.
fast paced environment
Front End Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC9 July 2018
This company gives you the option to experience all areas of the warehouse. You are given opportunities to explore other areas to see where you fit in and enjoy working.
Pros
Good pay once you put in the years
Cons
start out seasonal
its an ok job.
AUTOMOBILE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 July 2018
Its a seniority, so if you are looking for fulltime job, it will take you years for that... but good for part timer. Its really about seniority and if you know someone in upper management
Pros
free costco membership
Cons
fulltime job is really by seniority
Family oriented
Night Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC8 July 2018
Everyone was very welcoming at first but then quickly stop talking to you except for a few. I ended up feeling like I was being pushed out and it didn't make me feel very good.
Amazing
Maintenance/ Concessions/ Front End (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC5 July 2018
Amazing place to work with lots of benefits, above average pay, friendly work environment, extensive in-house training and plenty of opportunity to advance.Management is friendly, hard working and makes you feel heard.
great benefits but takes a while to move up
FRONT END CASHIER/ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 July 2018
This company pays well and has great benefits. All hired staff are hired as "part time seasonal" and they can refuse to keep you after 90 days. If they choose to keep you on, it takes about 3 years to get a full time position. They work as a seniority company instead of going by who's more qualified for a position when considering people for employment opportunities within the company. They do not work around any outside scheduling so if you have another job, make sure they're more lenient with schedule compromising. They do have a great student program if you are a university or college student and will work around that schedule if you have proof of acceptance and a schedule.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
takes a long time to move up and no schedule leniency
Company cares for their employees
Photolab Technician (Current Employee) –  Canada3 July 2018
With competitive salaries and benefits, Costco clearly values the work its employees do. There is plenty of room for movement and growth within the company, with many resources to support you through a budding career. They only promote from within so all management has put the time into the company and care about their work as much as you do.
It's hard work but you often leave feeling appreciated.
fun job, weird hours
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB3 July 2018
My manager and my co-workers made this a very enjoyable work experience. Work started at 4:30 AM tho so my sleep schedule had to be majorly adjusted to make my shifts.
Costco is good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, ON28 June 2018
Costco gave me alot of customer experiences and helped me with differents experiences.
Costco has helped me with teaching me lots of basics techniques to deal with harder customer.
I had lots of fun working at Costco felt like working with a big family.
The hardest part of my job was lifting heavy boxes.
Pros
good experiences in differents departments
Awesome Workplace
Front end/ Membership Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 June 2018
- Cash handling and product handling
- Learned how to keep up with multiple customers while also pushing programs (e.g. Costco Mastercard)
- Management works with you to insure both yourself and the customers are satisfied with your experience
Pros
Samples
Cons
Can be Tedious/repetitive
very good company
SERVICE DELI CLERK (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB27 June 2018
amazing company with great people and manager .i love how they treat there employees and i love how they paid them too.I Can't complain at all but a good feedback to this company
Fun, casual, fast-paced
HR/Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 June 2018
Costco is a fun place to work with. They promote from within and are very employee oriented. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with some unpleasant members, but in general, it is very fun.
Great to their employees
Lot Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 June 2018
Whilst it may be a little bit hectic on the weekends & the management maybe unorganized at times because of their several other responsibilities & things to tend to, it's a great environment to work in....... plus great benefits !
Pros
Great people
Cons
It can get really busy
Company offers good benefits to employees but each warehouse varies greatly and some run much more smoothly than others
Meat Cutter/Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 June 2018
Benefits really add up if you stay long enough, but how effectively and efficiently your department works rest depends on your manager and the warehouse as a whole works the same way. Good managers and everything is great but there is no one warehouse with all good managers. They all have people that will make you wonder how they ever became managers and they will all have managers who pick up the slack for the others.
Pros
Good benefits and vacation time if you stay long enougb
Cons
To get good pay and benefits you havr to stay 10 years or more
Great people, fun place to work
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON25 June 2018
Costco is a great place to work. The only drawback is there is not much opportunity for advancement. They pay well, have good benefits and it is a fun work environment.
great
Woodbridge - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON24 June 2018
products are amazing and always care about customers. well trained management team , always extra hours to work. management always ensure that staff knows of product they are selling.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB24 June 2018
Everyone there are awesome, fun place to work, I got to get trained on propane and the gas they showed me how to use the cart pusher to move carts across the lot.
Pros
Free Costco card
Great team
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 June 2018
Overall this was a wonderful temporary position. All team members were great to work with, management was very ran the warehouse in a fluent manner regardless of how busy (christmas season) is was.
Pros
Many opportunities.
Cons
shift work
Great Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 June 2018
I loved working at Costco as a Cashier. The staff are what really made it great. These people are so dedicated and stay so positive. While I was a student, the managers really supported me in attending classes and still making my shifts.
Pros
Good benefits and great employers
Cons
strict hours requirements.
Toxic Workplace
Sales & Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON22 June 2018
Customer service. Poorly operated. Poor treatment. Inequal distribution of work. Preferential treatment. Eventually good hourly wages after many years worked. Good benefits.
Pros
wages, benefits
Cons
hours, staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2