Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 1,454 reviews matching the search See all 8,103 reviews
Fun Place
Front End Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2018
Great place to work. Great work environment and is friendly to everyone. Great for summer job and while in school. Sometimes get a late shift but other than that the starting pay is above the normal minimum wage
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 December 2018
I no have experience for work in Costco put I m hard work I like working in Costco because Always Busy and very good place for work
I work any thing cleaning cashier Packaging
Bonne emploie
Commis (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC16 December 2018
Bonne place pour ceux qui n'ont pas ou presque pas d'étude.
Bon salaire de base.
Le travail est récompensé par une flexibilité d'horraire.
Emplois certain et heures garanties.
Pros
Avantage sociaux
Cons
Travail de fin de semaine obligatoire
Good employer
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 December 2018
A good employer that values their employees. Opportunities for advancement and several options of benefit plans. Advancement is fair and based on seniority.
Fun
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2018
Working as a Costco member was an amazing experience! I worked with different age groups so I learned a lot of detailed knowledge about how to sell, how to engage myself with the customers, it was a lot of fun working at this environment!
Pros
Free Samples!
Cons
Short hours
Fast pased work place.
seasonal staff (Former Employee) –  Kelowna BC12 December 2018
Costco is a very challenging place to work. You have to be in good physical shape for the work. Once you pass probation there is lots of room to advance.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
very physical job
Pretty good
Cashier and Front End Seasonal worker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK11 December 2018
Biggest thing about working for Costco, is it depends on the region,. The store location I worked at hired very young students, and the management treated them poorly. Girls and boys were disciplined if they were even seen speaking to one another. FORMALLY disciplined. Not violating any policies and still written up for simply talking to the coworker while you were working the same till or passing by one another in the aisle.
My best advice, shop at the Costco before you apply. The atmosphere for a shopper is pretty much what you will experience working there.
Pros
Pay, and advancement.
Cons
Heavy lifting and standing on hard concrete all shift.
Lacking Profeasionalism, Low Moral, Great Pay and Benefits
Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON11 December 2018
Management is promoted from within which can be positive but may result in lack of quality personnel.
There is very little book training in the areas of Management of People, Communication Skills, Motivational Skills. There are no training opportunities brought in from the outside ie workshops, in service presentations, additional training courses.
Morale is very Low.
High rate of stress leaves.
Physical stress (heavy lifting, cement floor)
Mostly positive relationships and friendships between coworkers.
Executive Membership provided free of charge
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits, Most coworkers have positive relationships and friendships
Cons
Low Morale, Toxic Environment
Fun place to work, great managers and lots of experiences
Service clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 December 2018
Costco it's a great job to work if you like teamwork, making lots of friends and have variety of departements to work :) At Costco, the managers are very friendly and help you whenever you need, and they have great leadership
bien
Emballeur et coupeur de viande (Former Employee) –  Saint-Hubert, QC6 December 2018
tres belle endroit ou travailler ,bonne ambiance de travail
good environment
food court lead and merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 December 2018
a typical day ..replenishing supplies on shelves. alot of heavy lifting, restocking supplies , from clothing to deli to produce,,use of a pallet jack ... i learnt alot about safety in a warehouse environment.. the rules of 1st in 1st out applies to all product,, and how to be responsible for my own department .. the hardest part of my work was the heavy lifting and the most enjoyable part was seeing the end result of all the hard work ,it makes one feel good to see what you can achieve.
Pros
trust from the management
Cons
not enough employees on week-ends
productive and fun workplace with basket ball and pingpong table
Sorter/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 December 2018
overall Costco is a great company to work for, however there is room for improvement on many levels. I've learned at lot working at Costco. management could be improve in the areas of communication.
Pros
early start time
Cons
limited public transit
Friendly Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughn, ON29 November 2018
The other workers are very friendly and nice. It is an enjoyable place to work. The work always gets done to the best of our abilities. We try our best to uphold the Costco standards.
Pros
Scheduled Breaks
Cons
Crazy Shifts
Pleasant, but sedimentary
1 Year in various positions (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2018
Kind, fast-paced environment
I learned to to work well toward customer needs
The management was fairly organized, but unsympathetic
The culture of the workplace was akin to high school
It was difficult to be reassigned to positions that I wasn't suited for
The best part was learning so many new positions, and the friends I had throughout.
CDS Demonstrator
CDS Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 November 2018
During my time at Costco Wholesale I gave out food samples. while demonstrating nutrition and pricing information. The work culture involves worker morale and customer satisfaction. A typical day at work is fast paced since crowds of people approach our demo tables everyday. There is lots of responsibility following WHIMIS and Health and food regulations when new to the job. Management is very organized with our work schedules.

The most enjoyable parts of the job is meeting and greeting visitors while demonstrating food to crowds; Its pretty thrilling to me. Learning nutrition information having small conversations about it with customers. A perk we have is trying out samples before selling them so that we provide our honest opinion about the food we provide.
Pros
Pay above minimum wage, health benefits, vacation time
Cons
I don't have negative to say because for a short period of time.
Fun workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Sca22 November 2018
a faced-past environment but easy to learn. It can be overwhelming with the customer rush during the weekends but majority understand how hectic it can be and go easy on you.
Pretty accommodating
Electronic sales (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 November 2018
Was hired for technology sales due to past experiences, very accommodating if you want to go to college or university.
Wage is amazing for the job you do, moving around departments is pretty easy.
Pros
Very good pay
Cons
Each store has it's own "culture" which can be eh.
TERRIBLE Management
VARIOUS POSITIONS (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 November 2018
Rules only apply to some people, there are definitely favourites. Management constantly changes because not one person has made it more than a year through a position.
Pros
Benefits are pretty good
Cons
terrible hours, say goodbye to friends and family because you'll never see them
Great at the beginning but gradually got worst
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 November 2018
Really hard to stay happy working at Costco. The management don't appreciate the hard working employees and enable the ones that don't work hard. People are encouraged to do the wrong things in order to move up in the company. Managers are really inhuman, dont ask or care much about their employees. Management display their favourites any chance they get. They don't help to encourage students to work and go to school fulltime. The members are allowed to yell at speak to employees anyway they feel because of the fee for their cards. Its a really toxic place to work.
Pros
RRSP contributions
Cons
Horrible Management
Extremely fast-paced environment
merchandising (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 November 2018
Extremely fast-paced environment that required an extremely high level of maintenance. Very physically intensive job with high demand for productivity.
benefits
Cons
physically and mentally demanding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2