Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Found 2,171 reviews matching the search
Hands down Favourite job I’ve ever had. really wish it was easier to get hired on full time. No wonder no one wants to leave. would work there forever
Management not fair regarding internal job positions! If you don’t suck up the managers don’t expect to move up the ladder at Costco!Certain Supervisors are Tyrants!
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
A lot of Warehouse politics and management favorites
I had a terrific time working there just didn’t get paid enough for my life ! Would highly recommend to anyone wanting to work there it’s a great place to build relationships and be part of a great team, and if you have the time to build up can be wonderful!
Pros
So many!
Cons
Pay at least when I was employed but other then that terrific !
Management talks the talk, a lot... but that's all.Lots of policies in place, they read nice but a rarely enforced.Have a concern? Watch your back, the boot-lickers are near, and most think of themselves as 'he without sin".Management promotes Igors (lot's of "yes master" types - see quisling)If you come to work to play and make friends, apply now. If you want to work and support the customers well and expect management to have your back, do not work for Costco.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, lots of fun
Cons
Don't fight for the customer, you'll upset the quislings.
Policies are constantly changing which attempt to take the knowledge and professionalism out of the licensed audiologist’s hands. Management is constantly meeting with you if they notice any decreases to the opportunities you have to sell to people. Your manager will throw you “under the bus” any chance they can to make themselves look good. Management are not honest with you...told us the hearing aids they sell are the most current, when in actuality, the tech. is much older. This is the only reason they can sell their aids for so cheap. They purchase bulk hearing aids that use older tech. Their patient are is horrible—told us to push other appointments to make room for more sales opportunity appointments.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
For 10-11 months working in Costco before , I am satisfied and happy working because I love my job, and I’m happy every day going to work. It is the best place to work.
Best place I’ve ever worked!! Pay is great & the hours aren’t too late or too early. Accommodating working life balance. Just wish part time could work three days a week rather then five.
Pros
Good pay, good hours
Cons
Part time is five days a week
Depending on who you worked with your shift could’ve went one of two ways, if you were in good company the shift could breeze by as fast as it started if you’re working with less than cooperative coworkers/ management then it can feel like an eternity. Without giving specifics there was incompetence all around. Honestly it’s a good company to work for but you won’t always be in good Company if that makes any sense... it depends on the location and the hours that you’ll be working everybody’s miserable and just trying to do their best but don’t expect to actually climb up in the ranks without as*-kissing. Generally I would say stay away from any department that deals with food and just try and get Merch or front end or even lot.Allow me to end off by saying not every individual is bad there are a lot of good people in the store who more than on one occasion have been an asset to the company and have shown true good work ethic, that goes for management as well. those people know who they are they are, the backbone of the company they are the foundation of what makes Costco a good company to work for.
Pros
Benefits, paid sick days, paid vacation
Cons
Frequent sick calls from coworkers, Having to close down department by yourself without help most of the time, coming home soaked in blood and meet all the way from your knees down to your boots
Theres a room of afvancement but it takes a long time.one thing i dont like here us the seniority base kind if thing as some if those who worked here for a long time were taking advantage of the new ones by iften times killing time when the time was getting close to home time.not all of them but some people i saw theyre doing it and the higher ups dont see this thing happening.
Pros
Free bottled water
Cons
Not guareenteed hours for seasonal workers
I worked at the North Costco it’s not the best place to work, they’re constantly changing the schedules around and always asking by you to come in early or stay late. They don’t tell you in the interview process that when they hire you you’ll be seasonal and it takes about 5-6 years to become a full-time employee if you’re lucky. I only worked there for a few months during covid because I needed the money but I won’t go back. The only good thing is that they’re generous with their breaks when working and most staff are friendly but it does feel like a very click-ie environment. They also pressure you very hard on upgrading memberships from gold to executive, if you aren’t good at sales don’t work here because they’ll cut you loose real quick if you don’t get enough numbers. Half the time when I was talking to people that English was a second language I felt like I was taking advantage of them about upgrading their membership or getting a MasterCard and one of the programs people would come and take over and talk them into it. They wouldn’t know how to say no so they just sign up, it’s very wrong. You also have to work late hours and your hours are all over the place. If you have a family don’t work here because they won’t work around your schedule, when I had to do inventory I would start at 3pm and go home at 1am. It was ridiculous, I never got to see my family, they always stick the new people on the worst shifts. DO NOT WORK AT COSTCO, horrible company.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Long hours, low pay, bad management, bad scheduling, late nights, not guaranteed a job after contract end.
Even through COVID, we never closed. Very physically demanding, must be able to stand long hours. Ability to move up however you MUST put in your hours. You’re not gonna be a manager overnight. Pay raises are based off of how many you hours you work, sucks when you start working but only gets better as you go along. If bored in one department, able to transfer departments.
Pros
Most managers work with your life schedule
Cons
Physical Labour, Concrete Floors
Pas une bonne expérience de travail, l'environnement est nocif. Je n'es pas du tout aimer.La politique de la porte ouverte ne sert pas a grand chose vue qu'il se tiennent entre eux.
Pros
CollĂšgues sympas, assurance.
Cons
La gestion, la flexibilité, ancienneté pas respecté.
I loved my time at costco spent 10+years opened new warehouse got to be a lead superviser on the front end. Loved all my staff great place to work they are loyal to there staff
Pros
Great company nice people all around
Cons
Costco is a good place to work and learn. But at Costco location in Langley, BC. Some of the people make it worst. Specially Pharmacy Manager she is so unexperienced and do not know how to run the things and because of this the senior people are not cooperative at all with new employees. They dont like new people to work. I dont know about other costco locations but the one in langley BC dont joint this one if you are pharmacy professionals.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
You get interview more than twice.It would be at least three people who you will face for the interviews. You get the seasonal job first for three months. Stocking would be first job usually.It is at four in the morning until the store open. It is fun place to work and it would be even better if you can get permanent.
Pros
Many employees, relaxing hour given at proper time, good time management
Cons
It might be hard to get permanent job
The staff was thé worst to work with!!Snobs, rude, not helpful at all. There moto #4 be nice to the vendors is a joke. For a new store , the staff are the worst in regards to making you feel welcome! Shame on them.
Pros
Cons
Cold staff
If you dont have a life costco is for you. The hours of work are really bad, if you want a weekend off you have to work 9 days in a row. If you upset the wrong manager, then you get stuck working 9 days in a row. For someone who has a family I am treated like I don't have a family. Fellow employees are okay, but management needs a lot of work, maybe even an over haul. When you have an issue with, say working 9 days in a row, they don't fix it, they just say they will deal with it but never do. The scheduling is the worse part of the job. Nothing is consistent or even close to the same. My 2 days off a week are constantly switched and I end up working more days in a row then 5.
Pros
Cons
No set schedule, poor management
Management is incredibly unorganized and overpaid for the job they actually perform. The warehouse manager makes a ridiculous salary and spends 6 months of the year in Florida.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Your whole life revolves around Costco
Most employees were very nice and good to work with. Some managers thought they were gods and very nasty to anyone beneath them. One manager in particular treated the young kids extremely poor. And if you said anything you ended up with a target on your back.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor treatment, all late shifts
Very repetitive, front end staff are great, mangers are awful, high expectations of front end staff. They need to practice what they preach, ie: follow the rules that they expect of the other staff to follow. Lack of communication. General manager yells at staff in front of members. Lack of support, breaks are late, unorganized, Mangers do nothing, they expect the supervisors to do it all, if something goes wrong u are to blame, not the member. Don't follow seniority rules, no room for advancement, Latest manager hired is so unorganized, she needs to go back to her old department.
Pros
Free membership for family
Cons
Mangers
Le personnel de bureau connaissent absolument rien de la gestion
Pros
aucune
Cons
aller surtout pas travailler la
  1. Employee reviews