Costco Wholesale logo

4.3
Pay & benefits

Found 728 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,673 reviews

Work place

Very diverse work..lots of different backgrounds ....salary is good...different departments so lots of growth opportunities. They have good benefits as well...

Pros

Free Membership for employees

Cons

Hours

Excellente entreprise mais environnement désagréable.

J'ai Ă©tĂ© embauchĂ© en tant que placeur (saisonnier Ă©tudiant).Au dĂ©but, j'ai Ă©tĂ© impressionnĂ© par la bonne allure de l'entreprise. J'ai Ă©tĂ© jumelĂ© avec un formateur d'expĂ©rience durant les premiers jours et j'ai par la suite Ă©tĂ© bousculĂ© de gauche Ă  droite avec plusieurs personnes qui m'apprenaient des façons diffĂ©rentes de procĂ©der et mĂȘme avec des personnes qui ne me disaient rien. AprĂšs les deux premiĂšres semaines, mon supĂ©rieur m'a dit que je devais accĂ©lĂ©rer la cadence, sans tenir compte du fait que l'on ne m'avait pas expliquĂ© les bases comme il se doit. Durant mon Ă©valuation, ils m'ont fait part de plusieurs aspects Ă  amĂ©liorer qui ne m'ont jamais Ă©tĂ© dits pendant les quarts de travail et que, donc, je reproduisais constamment.Ceci dit, l'entreprise est gĂ©niale, mais le dĂ©partement du marchandisage est plutĂŽt dĂ©sorganisĂ© et il y a un trĂšs grand roulement de personnel. Le travail est physique, dur pour le corps et demande de se lever trĂšs tĂŽt, mais le salaire est cependant le mĂȘme pour les emballeurs ou les prĂ©posĂ©s Ă  la crĂšme glacĂ©e, par exemple.

Pros

Bon salaire avec expérience, bonne culture d'entreprise

Cons

Heure de début trÚs tÎt, environnement trÚs stressant, département mal organisé.

Les entrepÎts sont trÚs achalandé.

Il y a une Ă©norme clientĂšle , donc les employĂ©s doivent ĂȘtre productif. Costco offre des salaires compĂ©titif et des bons avantages sociaux.

Pros

Avantages sociaux

Cons

Horaires instable

Environnement de travail stressant

La pression de vente des cartes de membre et cartes de crédit est énorme. La cadence et le rythme de travail est trÚs rapide et ils en veulent toujours plus.

Pros

salaire et avantages sociaux

Cons

Pression au travail Ă©norme, doit toujours aller plus vite

No one cares

Job isn't bad if a culture of everyone pull together existed but the highest paid tend to do the least amount of work and seniority is key. If you start as a teenager it probably is a great opportunity and I can understand how people will defend the company ethos from that perspective. I am a pretty open and hard working individual and striving to have balance in this but in my experience the hard work will take years and years to pay off so would only recommend to someone young or in a stable situation financially looking for a second income to a household. I know decent hardworking people who have worked years there and are still part time, which should really indicate to you the priorities and balance of the employer/employee relationship.

Pros

Some good people and free memebership

Cons

Part time status infinitely looms

Best Job Ever

Hands down Favourite job I’ve ever had. really wish it was easier to get hired on full time. No wonder no one wants to leave. would work there forever

Costco Car Rental

Costco is great, but it all depends on who is the supervisor. If the supervisor is a people person, he will make your life and customer great. In any company, it is the supervisor's job to make sure the employees are happy so that the customer will receive the same.

Pros

You can do over time by choice.

Cons

Cannot think on any

a collaborative and supportive workplace

the fact that staff celebrate the length of work with a wall and name badge shows the pride of employees and the corporation in employee retention. not a overtly challenging role, can leave at work and take very little home.great support for new and long time employees during COVID (and adjusting around school schedule); PPE, support in customer/member opposition, time offsupervisors and managers are generally respectful and fair, even if i dont like what is being asked - i respect them and know they are doing what is best for the team. skylights in Guelph location promote connection to the outside, reducing ecological footprint through reduced electricity costs

Pros

complementary membership, staff meal nights, supportive supervisor/managers, work-life balance possible, sunday premium pay, costco COVID thank you pay maintained, Guelph location full of natural light from skylights

Cons

grumpy lifelong cashiers, busy bodies (general workplace politics), wish more signs were approved from head office for increased clarity (particularly during COVID)

Baker assistant

Baker assistan really fun and good job for me because i really love cook and making bread.as assistant im gonna learn more alot how to make any kind of bread.and i really love it.thank and God Bless..

Pros

Drinks

Cons

8 hrs

No time to slack off at work, after all it's work. Good management, plenty benefits and positive work atmosphere. It's really competitive to get a job here but you'll realize why after landing a job there (they hire the best people) and so 99.9% you find all colleagues OK to work with and even if you find that 1 colleague that's a grouch, they come around, eventually....

Pros

Free lunch

Jobs at Costco Wholesale

See more jobs

Environnement de travail stressant

Écoute sporadique des gĂ©rants , procĂ©dures contradictoires , horaires modifiĂ©es Ă  la derniĂšre minute , grande Ă©quipe, bonne assurance , stationnement Ă©loignĂ©, grande distance Ă  parcourir lors des pauses , coopĂ©ration moyenne de la part de la direction travaille/ famille ....

Pros

Carte de membre fournie

Cons

Courtes pauses

More than just the stores

I worked at the Vaughn commissary in the maintenance department and it was a great experience. Management was supportive, knowledgeable and generally just good people. Fast paced, long hours but a great experience.

Pros

Free Costco membership

Cons

Productive and fun working place

For 10-11 months working in Costco before , I am satisfied and happy working because I love my job, and I’m happy every day going to work. It is the best place to work.

Fun workplace

Best place I’ve ever worked!! Pay is great & the hours aren’t too late or too early. Accommodating working life balance. Just wish part time could work three days a week rather then five.

Pros

Good pay, good hours

Cons

Part time is five days a week

Just like Willy Wonka‘s factory it’s different working there as opposed to shopping there

Depending on who you worked with your shift could’ve went one of two ways, if you were in good company the shift could breeze by as fast as it started if you’re working with less than cooperative coworkers/ management then it can feel like an eternity. Without giving specifics there was incompetence all around. Honestly it’s a good company to work for but you won’t always be in good Company if that makes any sense... it depends on the location and the hours that you’ll be working everybody’s miserable and just trying to do their best but don’t expect to actually climb up in the ranks without as*-kissing. Generally I would say stay away from any department that deals with food and just try and get Merch or front end or even lot.Allow me to end off by saying not every individual is bad there are a lot of good people in the store who more than on one occasion have been an asset to the company and have shown true good work ethic, that goes for management as well. those people know who they are they are, the backbone of the company they are the foundation of what makes Costco a good company to work for.

Pros

Benefits, paid sick days, paid vacation

Cons

Frequent sick calls from coworkers, Having to close down department by yourself without help most of the time, coming home soaked in blood and meet all the way from your knees down to your boots

Lots of learning.

Theres a room of afvancement but it takes a long time.one thing i dont like here us the seniority base kind if thing as some if those who worked here for a long time were taking advantage of the new ones by iften times killing time when the time was getting close to home time.not all of them but some people i saw theyre doing it and the higher ups dont see this thing happening.

Pros

Free bottled water

Cons

Not guareenteed hours for seasonal workers

Floor staff

I worked at the North Costco it’s not the best place to work, they’re constantly changing the schedules around and always asking by you to come in early or stay late. They don’t tell you in the interview process that when they hire you you’ll be seasonal and it takes about 5-6 years to become a full-time employee if you’re lucky. I only worked there for a few months during covid because I needed the money but I won’t go back. The only good thing is that they’re generous with their breaks when working and most staff are friendly but it does feel like a very click-ie environment. They also pressure you very hard on upgrading memberships from gold to executive, if you aren’t good at sales don’t work here because they’ll cut you loose real quick if you don’t get enough numbers. Half the time when I was talking to people that English was a second language I felt like I was taking advantage of them about upgrading their membership or getting a MasterCard and one of the programs people would come and take over and talk them into it. They wouldn’t know how to say no so they just sign up, it’s very wrong. You also have to work late hours and your hours are all over the place. If you have a family don’t work here because they won’t work around your schedule, when I had to do inventory I would start at 3pm and go home at 1am. It was ridiculous, I never got to see my family, they always stick the new people on the worst shifts. DO NOT WORK AT COSTCO, horrible company.

Pros

Good breaks

Cons

Long hours, low pay, bad management, bad scheduling, late nights, not guaranteed a job after contract end.

Job Stability

Even through COVID, we never closed. Very physically demanding, must be able to stand long hours. Ability to move up however you MUST put in your hours. You’re not gonna be a manager overnight. Pay raises are based off of how many you hours you work, sucks when you start working but only gets better as you go along. If bored in one department, able to transfer departments.

Pros

Most managers work with your life schedule

Cons

Physical Labour, Concrete Floors

Not for someone who has a life.

If you dont have a life costco is for you. The hours of work are really bad, if you want a weekend off you have to work 9 days in a row. If you upset the wrong manager, then you get stuck working 9 days in a row. For someone who has a family I am treated like I don't have a family. Fellow employees are okay, but management needs a lot of work, maybe even an over haul. When you have an issue with, say working 9 days in a row, they don't fix it, they just say they will deal with it but never do. The scheduling is the worse part of the job. Nothing is consistent or even close to the same. My 2 days off a week are constantly switched and I end up working more days in a row then 5.

Pros

Cons

No set schedule, poor management

Friendly Co-workers and

The work itself is laborious and repetitive. However, management and coworkers are very friendly, making it a positive work environment. A typical day as a stocker/merchandiser involves stocking the floor before opening on a morning shift, and keeping the floor clean and helping members with questions during a day shift.

Pros

one 30min paid and one 30min unpaid break during an 8 1/2 hour shift.

Cons

Laborious and repetitive work

Worked here years ago: Highly recommend it for a student or anyone needing fast income, but don't stay there for life

I worked here when I was in University. It was good as a Student, but a very prideful organization to work for. Days were unorthodox as a Morning Stocker, and management was very bad at communicating things properly. On top of that, you're sometimes dealing with coworkers and customers on top of that who don't respect their employees. Very individualistic environment as everyone is in it for themselves. There is team work at times, but that depends on the department you work in. It was good for a season, but I'd never go back and work there. Money isn't everything, but its showed me that those at the top can be very miserable and resentful about their lives. Too much people please in this environment. You don't have to place anyone, especially when people here don't respect you or don't treat you well. Do in, do your job, and keep your work and personal life separate. Very few people in the retail industry aren't trustworthy to open up to anyways. Also, there is more focus on loyalty there. There were people who were there so many years and made more than I did, yet I would work harder than some of the people in my department and made less. Seniority matters apparently, so be ready to work there for numerous years just to make top rate. Good for a season, but not worth it in the long term. There are better opportunities out there. Other ways to grow and learn. I got tired being around toxic people all the time, and glad I left when I did.

Pros

Flexible if you're a college student. Variety in trying out different departments.

Cons

Horrible management, terrible hours, miscommunication, Employees are very entitled, rude at times, and ignorant, Stupid seniority system: Based on longevity rather than how hard someone works.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

6K