Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Pay & benefits reviews

They give you worse hours in first few month hard work for others that they like to walk around thanks I have nothing else to say good work with benefits
Pros
Free lunch never
Cons
Short hours
I was working as food demonstrator and everyday having different type of food products. My team and management was really supportive and work like a family. I had great experience with them and miss those days.
Pros
Knowledge of different food products
Cons
Less hours
This is a great company to work for. Staff and management are always friendly and helpful with a inclusive attitude. Benefits are great and even part time employees are able to get them after they finish their probation period.
The rumors of costco's benefits should be over. They might be good in the past but not now. They claimed they're warehouse but they only pay $15 (minimum wage is 14.75 at that time). You can get a raise for working every 1000 hrs sth but it barely can be done. They can lay you off for no reason. When they busy again, they might call you. Hours are not enough and you can't live with that wage. Like other benefits, it's only for full-time. I knew many guys work their aXXes off with many years are still part-time. If you wanna stay there, you have to kiss your manager's asss or they can make your report look really bad even make sth is not true. They schedule you till 10 pm that day and ask you to come at 5 am for tomorrow. They don't treat you like a person.
Pros
Getting covid in crowd
Cons
One and half pay on Sunday
Very good place To work for it is good if you like a fast pace environment helps time go by quickly lots of nice customers very good benefits if you get a full time position is also a many different positions you can apply for Also the staff and management are very helpful Overall Great place to workAnd the best part is there Poutines lol
Pros
Very good health benefits with a union
Cons
Could get very busy fast paced environment
Il y a une énorme clientèle , donc les employés doivent être productif. Costco offre des salaires compétitif et des bons avantages sociaux.
Pros
Avantages sociaux
Cons
Horaires instable
It was a decent place to work but I mean some people weren’t so nice they would talk about you behind you back and you had to kiss up to people in order to stay which shouldn’t be the case if you ask me. Because if your a hard worker but not wanting to constantly talk to many people because you wanna come to work just to work that shouldn’t be a reason to why you don’t stay there. I find that it was a super gossipy and judgemental.
Pros
How much money you make, benefits
Cons
Gossip, bad management
La pression de vente des cartes de membre et cartes de crédit est énorme. La cadence et le rythme de travail est très rapide et ils en veulent toujours plus.
Pros
salaire et avantages sociaux
Cons
Pression au travail Ă©norme, doit toujours aller plus vite
Nyc place for workI learned many thingsWorkplace culture is very nycccLess hour, they are not giving 40 hour.Pay rate is very less, only $14.25Overall good place for work but payrate is not enough.
Benefits are great.Scheduling is bad, short staff on busy daysAdvancement is slow because of señiority.Salary is low, you have to reach number of hours to get an increase.Co workers are great.Some of the managers are great, others aren't.
Very good benefits. Excellent job security.Good management.Friendly workers.Paid vacation and sick leave.3-5 years to get full time.Everything works on seniority.
If you work part time here good luck. They refuse to work with your other job hours because we all know part time isn’t enough these days, they want Costco to be your primary job. They make it super difficult to get another job and never work with you about anything when it comes to more hours or other positions. Certain people who are in management that shouldn’t be.
Pros
Great People
Cons
No communication, if you were hired when the company was formerly Price Club you have a great job, benefits, profit sharing etc. But don't expect much from Costco
I really loved working for Costco at the beginning, but there was a lot of misinformation upon being hired about my benefits, i was hired as a temp and told would become permanent after 90 days, that did not happen, I worked 4 months and still was seasonal. Same with getting my executive Costco card, was suppose to get it after 90 days and becoming permanent but that did not happen. Thanksgiving all permanent workers received a free Turkey but seasonal did not which were many of us. On top of that took 3 months and a half to finally train me for my job on registers which was ridiculous, i constantly asked for 3 months to get trained. Cashiers and stockers were amazing to work with but some managers were just soo disorganized and did not communicate with associates or managers well. Ontario went on to lockdown in December and within that same week they laid off 50-60 seasonal associates with hardly any notice, they even forgot to tell me that the next day was my last day. So overall this is a good job temporary but would not recommend for forever.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Horrible management
This is one of the best places I have ever worked but u definitely earn every penny of ur pay there u get a bonus of 4 dollars extra on Sunday I was in merchandise to start out then went to deli
No time to slack off at work, after all it's work. Good management, plenty benefits and positive work atmosphere. It's really competitive to get a job here but you'll realize why after landing a job there (they hire the best people) and so 99.9% you find all colleagues OK to work with and even if you find that 1 colleague that's a grouch, they come around, eventually....
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Écoute sporadique des gérants , procédures contradictoires , horaires modifiées à la dernière minute , grande équipe, bonne assurance , stationnement éloigné, grande distance à parcourir lors des pauses , coopération moyenne de la part de la direction travaille/ famille ....
Pros
Carte de membre fournie
Cons
Courtes pauses
I worked at the Vaughn commissary in the maintenance department and it was a great experience. Management was supportive, knowledgeable and generally just good people. Fast paced, long hours but a great experience.
Pros
Free Costco membership
Cons
My experience at Costco wasn’t the best. I did meet some nice people but I also met people that were not kind who had seniority and territorial and not very helpful. I’ve been injured three times within the two years I worked there. I’ve switched many departments and you have to be really strong and always fast so it was stressful. I had some good managers and some not so good managers who were unprofessional and yell at your misunderstandings. So I have mixed feelings on the place.
Pros
Benefits, guaranteed hours, paid vacation
Cons
Unfriendly work environment, lack of training
Management not fair regarding internal job positions! If you don’t suck up the managers don’t expect to move up the ladder at Costco!Certain Supervisors are Tyrants!
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
A lot of Warehouse politics and management favorites
Policies are constantly changing which attempt to take the knowledge and professionalism out of the licensed audiologist’s hands. Management is constantly meeting with you if they notice any decreases to the opportunities you have to sell to people. Your manager will throw you “under the bus” any chance they can to make themselves look good. Management are not honest with you...told us the hearing aids they sell are the most current, when in actuality, the tech. is much older. This is the only reason they can sell their aids for so cheap. They purchase bulk hearing aids that use older tech. Their patient are is horrible—told us to push other appointments to make room for more sales opportunity appointments.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else