Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Management reviews

I was working as food demonstrator and everyday having different type of food products. My team and management was really supportive and work like a family. I had great experience with them and miss those days.
Pros
Knowledge of different food products
Cons
Less hours
This is a great company to work for. Staff and management are always friendly and helpful with a inclusive attitude. Benefits are great and even part time employees are able to get them after they finish their probation period.
Disorganized. Forget breaks and will not allow you to go home until they send a replacement. Odd shifts. No balance of life and work. Micro manage and most managers treat you like a child. Horrible place to work.
Pros
Membership
Cons
Night Merch/ForkLift Operator (531) - Costco is known for being a great place to work, what they fail to mention is how terrible it is starting out. Your are surrounded by senior staff members who make in some cases double the same amount of money you are for the same amount of work. In most cases their senior staff members feel invincible and slack off the majority of the time making it even more infuriating. This in turn creates a lot of staff turnover which forces management to hire young staff members to keep up, but because the majority of people are between 18-24 it feels like high school all over again. People only help their "friends" but then when they fall behind you will be expected to stay and help them. As for management themselves, you will either love them or hate them from my experience. Random managers showing up from other warehouses try and assert dominance gets old extremely fast. Overall, unless you plan on working here for the rest of your life, don't bother working here at all. I didn't even mention how entitled and arrogant the "members" are, and good luck trying working any weekend shift, place is slammed and always understaffed.
Pros
advancement, pay based on seniority
Cons
pay based on seniority, no incentive for hard work, understaffed, extremely busy, poor management, arrogant customers, low moral
Very good place To work for it is good if you like a fast pace environment helps time go by quickly lots of nice customers very good benefits if you get a full time position is also a many different positions you can apply for Also the staff and management are very helpful Overall Great place to workAnd the best part is there Poutines lol
Pros
Very good health benefits with a union
Cons
Could get very busy fast paced environment
Il y a une énorme clientèle , donc les employés doivent être productif. Costco offre des salaires compétitif et des bons avantages sociaux.
Pros
Avantages sociaux
Cons
Horaires instable
It was a decent place to work but I mean some people weren’t so nice they would talk about you behind you back and you had to kiss up to people in order to stay which shouldn’t be the case if you ask me. Because if your a hard worker but not wanting to constantly talk to many people because you wanna come to work just to work that shouldn’t be a reason to why you don’t stay there. I find that it was a super gossipy and judgemental.
Pros
How much money you make, benefits
Cons
Gossip, bad management
La pression de vente des cartes de membre et cartes de crédit est énorme. La cadence et le rythme de travail est très rapide et ils en veulent toujours plus.
Pros
salaire et avantages sociaux
Cons
Pression au travail Ă©norme, doit toujours aller plus vite
Wouldn't recommend, not very rewarding. Always worked extremely hard with it being unnoticed. Care more about sales than employees. Was bullied there, not only by employees but by management aswell
Very good benefits. Excellent job security.Good management.Friendly workers.Paid vacation and sick leave.3-5 years to get full time.Everything works on seniority.
my issue was at the heartland location was management. I had told them I need to work less hours because I had acquired an second job. But they did not care about me so I had left. Outside of that the job was okay.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management does not care about their staff
If you work part time here good luck. They refuse to work with your other job hours because we all know part time isn’t enough these days, they want Costco to be your primary job. They make it super difficult to get another job and never work with you about anything when it comes to more hours or other positions. Certain people who are in management that shouldn’t be.
Pros
Great People
Cons
An overall positive introduction to the retail and hospitality industry and you have a lot of opportunities to grow through their programs and departments.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Management cares more about hitting quotas than caring about employees
I really loved working for Costco at the beginning, but there was a lot of misinformation upon being hired about my benefits, i was hired as a temp and told would become permanent after 90 days, that did not happen, I worked 4 months and still was seasonal. Same with getting my executive Costco card, was suppose to get it after 90 days and becoming permanent but that did not happen. Thanksgiving all permanent workers received a free Turkey but seasonal did not which were many of us. On top of that took 3 months and a half to finally train me for my job on registers which was ridiculous, i constantly asked for 3 months to get trained. Cashiers and stockers were amazing to work with but some managers were just soo disorganized and did not communicate with associates or managers well. Ontario went on to lockdown in December and within that same week they laid off 50-60 seasonal associates with hardly any notice, they even forgot to tell me that the next day was my last day. So overall this is a good job temporary but would not recommend for forever.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Horrible management
Will try and take advantage of you and sometimes goals are unachievable. Others will try hold you down including management. Their system of doing inventory is brutal.
No time to slack off at work, after all it's work. Good management, plenty benefits and positive work atmosphere. It's really competitive to get a job here but you'll realize why after landing a job there (they hire the best people) and so 99.9% you find all colleagues OK to work with and even if you find that 1 colleague that's a grouch, they come around, eventually....
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The managers and supervisors had absolutely no experience whatsoever everyone had a poor attitude and it was run like a military base I wouldn’t recommend anyone to apply there they ask for way too much for the minimal pay they give you
Pros
Cons
Always someone looking over your shoulders
Écoute sporadique des gérants , procédures contradictoires , horaires modifiées à la dernière minute , grande équipe, bonne assurance , stationnement éloigné, grande distance à parcourir lors des pauses , coopération moyenne de la part de la direction travaille/ famille ....
Pros
Carte de membre fournie
Cons
Courtes pauses
I worked at the Vaughn commissary in the maintenance department and it was a great experience. Management was supportive, knowledgeable and generally just good people. Fast paced, long hours but a great experience.
Pros
Free Costco membership
Cons
was a great job but super confusing on how to switch shifts with people like you have to physically be there in person and have a manager sign off on both names idk but good
Pros
free membership
Cons
busy constantly
I worked here as a student while in uni, I’m not sure how much has changed since then. It’s very fast paced, okay pay for students, and students only work during breaks. There is a huge expectation and pressure to sell memberships and the credit card, to the point where I felt harassed by management sometimes. There is good opportunities to work in various departments and is even encouraged. Staff are hit or miss, some are kind and others are jaded. You get to know the various faces in the community, including restaurant owners and local politicians. They are flexible in terms of scheduling if you have another job and trading shifts are easy. You get extra pay if you jump on as a cashier if that is not your regular position.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, bonus pay for cashiering, student friendly
Cons
Expectation and quota to sell memberships and credit cards, sometimes super busy, entitled clients