Costco Wholesale logo

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Found 2,202 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,673 reviews

Work place

Very diverse work..lots of different backgrounds ....salary is good...different departments so lots of growth opportunities. They have good benefits as well...

Pros

Free Membership for employees

Cons

Hours

Excellente entreprise mais environnement désagréable.

J'ai été embauché en tant que placeur (saisonnier étudiant).Au début, j'ai été impressionné par la bonne allure de l'entreprise. J'ai été jumelé avec un formateur d'expérience durant les premiers jours et j'ai par la suite été bousculé de gauche à droite avec plusieurs personnes qui m'apprenaient des façons différentes de procéder et même avec des personnes qui ne me disaient rien. Après les deux premières semaines, mon supérieur m'a dit que je devais accélérer la cadence, sans tenir compte du fait que l'on ne m'avait pas expliqué les bases comme il se doit. Durant mon évaluation, ils m'ont fait part de plusieurs aspects à améliorer qui ne m'ont jamais été dits pendant les quarts de travail et que, donc, je reproduisais constamment.Ceci dit, l'entreprise est géniale, mais le département du marchandisage est plutôt désorganisé et il y a un très grand roulement de personnel. Le travail est physique, dur pour le corps et demande de se lever très tôt, mais le salaire est cependant le même pour les emballeurs ou les préposés à la crème glacée, par exemple.

Pros

Bon salaire avec expérience, bonne culture d'entreprise

Cons

Heure de début très tôt, environnement très stressant, département mal organisé.

Excellent place to work and grow

Work environment is awesome. Tons of room for advancement. The team has great drive and ambition that is shared among team members. Great place to work.

My Costco Summary Story

Costco is an amazing place to work if you have the correct work habits, it's very busy from day to day so you need patience and common sense to accomplish goals and do service fairly to everybody. I think my employer is tolerant enough to accept me as a employee and I don't mind learning on the job as the job needs or changes via the company. I would find it difficult to leave a company like Costco because I enjoy cleaning and I enjoy talking with people as when its appropriate and sensibly I would rather improve myself or my behavior rather than quit because that's appropriate I think. Mostly Costco is awesome and a very interesting workplace. I just want to say Thank You Costco for hiring me and it has been awesome.

Pros

Always occupied at work

Cons

Difficult customers, variety of maintenance issues

Productive and fun

They give you worse hours in first few month hard work for others that they like to walk around thanks I have nothing else to say good work with benefits

Pros

Free lunch never

Cons

Short hours

Productive and fun loving job

I was working as food demonstrator and everyday having different type of food products. My team and management was really supportive and work like a family. I had great experience with them and miss those days.

Pros

Knowledge of different food products

Cons

Less hours

Good

This is a great company to work for. Staff and management are always friendly and helpful with a inclusive attitude. Benefits are great and even part time employees are able to get them after they finish their probation period.

Worst job ever

The rumors of costco's benefits should be over. They might be good in the past but not now. They claimed they're warehouse but they only pay $15 (minimum wage is 14.75 at that time). You can get a raise for working every 1000 hrs sth but it barely can be done. They can lay you off for no reason. When they busy again, they might call you. Hours are not enough and you can't live with that wage. Like other benefits, it's only for full-time. I knew many guys work their aXXes off with many years are still part-time. If you wanna stay there, you have to kiss your manager's asss or they can make your report look really bad even make sth is not true. They schedule you till 10 pm that day and ask you to come at 5 am for tomorrow. They don't treat you like a person.

Pros

Getting covid in crowd

Cons

One and half pay on Sunday

Used to be a good place to work but not anymore

Disorganized. Forget breaks and will not allow you to go home until they send a replacement. Odd shifts. No balance of life and work. Micro manage and most managers treat you like a child. Horrible place to work.

Pros

Membership

Cons

Busy and exciting place to work

My main job was to stock carts with peoples purchases it was a really fast pace job and sometimes hard to keep up. The people are really nice and easy to talk to.

Pros

Time went by fast

Cons

Extreme busy

Jobs at Costco Wholesale

See more jobs

Poisonous Work Atmosphere

Night Merch/ForkLift Operator (531) - Costco is known for being a great place to work, what they fail to mention is how terrible it is starting out. Your are surrounded by senior staff members who make in some cases double the same amount of money you are for the same amount of work. In most cases their senior staff members feel invincible and slack off the majority of the time making it even more infuriating. This in turn creates a lot of staff turnover which forces management to hire young staff members to keep up, but because the majority of people are between 18-24 it feels like high school all over again. People only help their "friends" but then when they fall behind you will be expected to stay and help them. As for management themselves, you will either love them or hate them from my experience. Random managers showing up from other warehouses try and assert dominance gets old extremely fast. Overall, unless you plan on working here for the rest of your life, don't bother working here at all. I didn't even mention how entitled and arrogant the "members" are, and good luck trying working any weekend shift, place is slammed and always understaffed.

Pros

advancement, pay based on seniority

Cons

pay based on seniority, no incentive for hard work, understaffed, extremely busy, poor management, arrogant customers, low moral

One of the best places ive worked for

Very good place To work for it is good if you like a fast pace environment helps time go by quickly lots of nice customers very good benefits if you get a full time position is also a many different positions you can apply for Also the staff and management are very helpful Overall Great place to workAnd the best part is there Poutines lol

Pros

Very good health benefits with a union

Cons

Could get very busy fast paced environment

Les entrepôts sont très achalandé.

Il y a une énorme clientèle , donc les employés doivent être productif. Costco offre des salaires compétitif et des bons avantages sociaux.

Pros

Avantages sociaux

Cons

Horaires instable

Competitive and fast paced

It was a decent place to work but I mean some people weren’t so nice they would talk about you behind you back and you had to kiss up to people in order to stay which shouldn’t be the case if you ask me. Because if your a hard worker but not wanting to constantly talk to many people because you wanna come to work just to work that shouldn’t be a reason to why you don’t stay there. I find that it was a super gossipy and judgemental.

Pros

How much money you make, benefits

Cons

Gossip, bad management

Environnement de travail stressant

La pression de vente des cartes de membre et cartes de crédit est énorme. La cadence et le rythme de travail est très rapide et ils en veulent toujours plus.

Pros

salaire et avantages sociaux

Cons

Pression au travail Ă©norme, doit toujours aller plus vite

Stressful and alot of favoritism

Wouldn't recommend, not very rewarding. Always worked extremely hard with it being unnoticed. Care more about sales than employees. Was bullied there, not only by employees but by management aswell

Nyc workplace

Nyc place for workI learned many thingsWorkplace culture is very nycccLess hour, they are not giving 40 hour.Pay rate is very less, only $14.25Overall good place for work but payrate is not enough.

Costco

Benefits are great.Scheduling is bad, short staff on busy daysAdvancement is slow because of señiority.Salary is low, you have to reach number of hours to get an increase.Co workers are great.Some of the managers are great, others aren't.

Busy and fun workplace.

Very good benefits. Excellent job security.Good management.Friendly workers.Paid vacation and sick leave.3-5 years to get full time.Everything works on seniority.

Easy to work Company.

I like my job overhall review. Its a peaceful atmosphere when you get there. The managers are not too severe about your yield. We have two 30 minutes for break and its ok.

Pros

Salaire

Cons

Horaire non fixe.

decent job

my issue was at the heartland location was management. I had told them I need to work less hours because I had acquired an second job. But they did not care about me so I had left. Outside of that the job was okay.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

management does not care about their staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

6K