Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Tire Technician

Promotion is based on tenure within the company. Lots of different department opportunities. Easy to get part time, but difficult to get full time hours
Pros
fast paced
Cons
Poor inter department communication
The employees are great. The job was flexible to pursue my studies at the time. I was able to learn new skills and be trained in multiple departments.
Overall a great company to work for. There are a lot of opportunities as long as you are a hard worker and can be patient for advancements. With a large number of employees and departments, you can move around the warehouse a lot and make some meaningful friendships. Would recommend most definitely.
- Management is understanding - Face paced work especially during busy seasons - Can be shuffled around so learning new procedures and rules - Safe place
Everyone I worked with was very nice, understanding, patient and seemed to carry the same mindset. Costco does a good job of meeting the needs of those that need it or may need a little extra help. Good training
Costco as a whole is a good workplace, unfortunately my warehouse was one of the worst directed. Management over the years have cared less over our companies values and more about the money they bank for themselves. Money is fair at costco allowing you to stay just far enough ahead, but the way it is run, is not enough to keep lasting employees.
From my experience there Costco was an amazing company to work for, the hours are very consistent, the staff is surprisingly friendly, and nothing is taken personally. However, the management staff could be better as i wasn't informed about changes when i was supposed to be and would happen weeks after and I would have to ask.
Management isn't that great, I found it really political. Showing up even a minute late looks very bad on you and is used against you even though there are 30 people scanning in at the same time, so you're bound to punch in late here and there. People are very nice that work there, the pay isn't as great as people make it out to be. Rises are baised on hours worked there, not by performance which I disagree with strongly. Don't work too hard as it's not recognised or appreciated.
Pros
big area, lots of employees
Cons
tons of "members", very crowded work space
Adopted the skill of assisting with mount/demount of summer and winter tires within weeks time, engaged with Costco members in relation to vehicle/tire questions.
Pros
Treated staff and members very well.
Cons
Wasn't able to continue working after seasonal hiring.
For the most part was a good place to work. Some of the people I worked with were hard to get along with, but management was great to deal with. Did not like having to cover front end
I dont remember much about working at this place i was only there for a short amount of time before they laid me off becauseit wasnt busy enough to have me.
Worked hard and got my breaks. Never had an issue with raises or other employees. Atmosphere was polite and friendly. Made it worth working day to day.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard work
The amount of time actually spent in the tire shop was lower than time spent being sent up to the front end of Costco to help with stocking and bagging.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
inconsistant work levels
Competitive salary, good benefits, regular breaks, good training and regular raises. Plenty of opportunity for advancement and good equality. Typically only one weekend day off (when full-time) and 0 weekend days off (when part-time)- but that's retail. Opportunity for relocation.
Cons
Must work weekends
It was a great job when it came to benefits and a retirement savings plan. but I did not like how as a tire tech I needed to do a bunch of other departments jobs as well. I did not realize this applying for the job
great place to work for a decent living every 100 hrs you work you get a raise. lots of great benefits, great proper breaks and shift flexibility as well as the ability to switch departments.
Costco is a very work friendly environment, with many diverse staff members. Work was great until the hours got cut dramatically, and left many short of working hours. I felt like the work ethic of a few other employees were lacking in the department(s) and not much was done in that sense because management was so busy they couldn't be watching over the employees. I feel like I was not appreciated once the season was over, although I did switch departments to help out and picked up hours when employees didn't show up.
Pros
Breaks were high priority, friendly people, many job positions
Cons
unclear instructions, lack of managers present
Worked on both the early morning shift, and in the tire centre. never had a problem with any of my co workers or managers. they also have a good benefit plan.
enjoy the people i work with, not a boring place and they have good benefits. management is great and everything is really fair. room to grow in the company
This company is all about their members and the staff, they stick up for their staff 100% they don't treat you like you are just a number you are actually worth something to the... absolute wonderful company to work for!!!!
Pros
When you work 8 hours you actually get 8 paid hours
Cons
Nothin
Work is not overwhelming there was always enough people to help out if needed. Management was always eager to help out and assist in anyway. Awesome locations.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very busy