Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Stocker

I love working here. The shifts were perfect for me. Very flexible and hopefully will be rehired because I was only a seasonal. I learned so much from my co workers.
Pros
Friendly and safe place to work
Cons
Only seasonal work available
An overall positive introduction to the retail and hospitality industry and you have a lot of opportunities to grow through their programs and departments.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Management cares more about hitting quotas than caring about employees
You get interview more than twice.It would be at least three people who you will face for the interviews. You get the seasonal job first for three months. Stocking would be first job usually.It is at four in the morning until the store open. It is fun place to work and it would be even better if you can get permanent.
Pros
Many employees, relaxing hour given at proper time, good time management
Cons
It might be hard to get permanent job
The work itself is laborious and repetitive. However, management and coworkers are very friendly, making it a positive work environment. A typical day as a stocker/merchandiser involves stocking the floor before opening on a morning shift, and keeping the floor clean and helping members with questions during a day shift.
Pros
one 30min paid and one 30min unpaid break during an 8 1/2 hour shift.
Cons
Laborious and repetitive work
I worked here when I was in University. It was good as a Student, but a very prideful organization to work for. Days were unorthodox as a Morning Stocker, and management was very bad at communicating things properly. On top of that, you're sometimes dealing with coworkers and customers on top of that who don't respect their employees. Very individualistic environment as everyone is in it for themselves. There is team work at times, but that depends on the department you work in. It was good for a season, but I'd never go back and work there. Money isn't everything, but its showed me that those at the top can be very miserable and resentful about their lives. Too much people please in this environment. You don't have to place anyone, especially when people here don't respect you or don't treat you well. Do in, do your job, and keep your work and personal life separate. Very few people in the retail industry aren't trustworthy to open up to anyways. Also, there is more focus on loyalty there. There were people who were there so many years and made more than I did, yet I would work harder than some of the people in my department and made less. Seniority matters apparently, so be ready to work there for numerous years just to make top rate. Good for a season, but not worth it in the long term. There are better opportunities out there. Other ways to grow and learn. I got tired being around toxic people all the time, and glad I left when I did.
Pros
Flexible if you're a college student. Variety in trying out different departments.
Cons
Horrible management, terrible hours, miscommunication, Employees are very entitled, rude at times, and ignorant, Stupid seniority system: Based on longevity rather than how hard someone works.
I was totally hyped about working at Costco when I first got hired, After all the great things I heard about working there, 3 months in I realize it was stressful, Highly demanding and the hourly rate didn't match the amount of work I was responsible for, long story short I ended up quitting and walking out, I met some nice people along the way but I also met A lot of rude unhelpful ones aswell, If you decide to work here don't go into it with high expectations for success like I did and don't believe all the hype, about the wages&benefits And perhaps most importantly try to just avoid working in the bakery department all together, As it's usually ran by miserable middle aged women who like to gossip and spread rumours.
Pros
Decent wages after the first 1-2 years on the payroll
Cons
stressful, fast paced, low starting wage, highly demanding, Toxic coworkers who like to gossip.
Mornings go by quickly. Hardworking staff with decent training. Staff not all happy. Good management. Not enough hand jacks for every morning guy. Fastpaced enviroment
Pros
Indoors
Cons
Early mornings
Good place to work. Fellow employees are clique-ish and can be stressful if sensitive. Busy, busy place. if you enjoy a fast paced job to make your shift go by quick, this is the place for you. Good insurance coverage and pension options even for part timers. I would recommend trying out working at Costco if you're given the option.
When I worked at Costco some management was good at leading the night crew and being clear on instructions but a lot of other managers were not clear in what they wanted and often asked for workers to stay late to fix mistakes that they made.
I would mind working at Costco again, I love it there. I love my managers, they are very friendly and helpful. I live seeing the members happy and taking their orders on the phone. Costco has everything, it has the best prices and qualities on products.
typical day was busy but worth it. management was very helpful always there to help. hardest part of the job was getting it all done by the end of the night, alot of work.
Culture was decent enough. Management was friendly, helpful, and accommodating. However it is a very busy environment, be ready to work hard and fast with lots of lifting. I ended up working on my knees quite a bit to stock the lower shelves as well.
The people you work with are very nice, and there quite a lot of opportunities to advance and learn new things, but at the particular Costco I worked at the amount of work to the amount of people there is isn't fairly well balanced, half the time work meant for the night crew is left for the morning crew and vice versa. Otherwise a great place with decent pay and good benefits.
There will always be something to do. Most likely will have to do various positions and that could also be a benefit. Staff and management is overall nice.
Well start off by reading the log sheet. Move items to wear they needed to be. While making sure the area was clean.I learned about team work and as well and working alone. I loved working for Costco.
Way to stressful got to the point where we constantly loosing people and the managers blamed all the work not getting done on us. We also kept switching managers around to the point where nobody knew anything that was going on till the last minute. first few months were okay but it progressively got worse.
Cons
You will be everywhere if its busy.
Costco is great for those lucky enough to stay 5 years or more. But for those trying to break in: good luck! Starting pay is just barely above minimum wage and they usually start you off as seasonal. Basically you get no benefits, no job security, no guanteed minimum hours.
A great place to work if looking for part-time employment between jobs or seeking a job in your field. Very fast-paced and very busy every day. Amazing benefits and competitive pay compared to competitors in the area. Early hours make it difficult to balance life and work. Overall good, but not for everyone.
I worked as a seasonal employee for the Rancho Cordova Costco in Sacramento. My review is a few managers actually work.But most loved to talk to you like your in a boot camp and very aggressive. I felt like I didn’t get paid enough to be spoken to like that. Most of the managers are by the front end on their cell phones hanging out as a group barking orders. Save your self the headache and don’t work at this Costco.
Really nice people made it fun and happy to come to work. If you can work hard it's fun to challenge and push yourself physically. It was hard to wake up early, but definitely worth it in the end.
working at costco is really new experiance for me, after immigrating iam learning almost every day in costco working with different community people and learned how our smile and great to others had the impact which can change even the first meeting into long life relations as customers, moreover working in costco as team member is really positive.