Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Sorter

Good place poor pay scale Good co-workers Good hours A very clean facility with a good work environment Takes a long time to get to full time.
It’s a very physically demanding job, if you aren’t physically strong and healthy I wouldn’t recommend this. Also, this job involves a lot of kneeling, lifting of over 65lbs which can cause overuse injuries. Management, isn’t great they only listen to you if you’ve been with the company for a while. They aren’t very supportive of WSIB workers that have company injuries especially physical injuries. I worked at the 100 Line drive which is near High way 27 the Distribution centre and tbh was not impressed. I don’t recommend working here. Pay is not enough for the amount of lifting and physical work being done.
Pros
You get discounts for Costco membership
Cons
Low pay, physical demanding, poor management, Short staffed
It was a fun job that required a lot of hard work but as the day went on it got easier. In the morning you would come in early, rush around for three hours getting as much done as possible, then have a 15 minute break. around that time was when i would notice there would be less work to complete and as long as you dont have a problem carrying boxes of up to 50lbs then you should have no trouble with this job. the only cons i have to add is that the management was horrendous and they dont care about anyone who hasn't already been there for 5 years.
Pros
free christmas turkey, employee benefits, fun work enviroment
Cons
horrendous management
a typical day at work would included sorting boxes onto various sikds. it was a pleasure working with some and a nightmare working with many
Pros
finish working during the day
Cons
had to get up early
Didn't mind working here. The only real issue was being in the freezer for long periods of time.
I have learned many skills while working at the Costco Distribution Centre. I was constantly around people, which helped me gain confidence, initiative, and the necessary social skills to move and grow throughout the company. I also learned to handle appointments with the company and was constantly thrown into a fast paced work environment.
Pros
Great hours.
Cons
Bad environment.