Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Service Clerk

Costco is a great place to work. The workplace allows you to advance into higher positions. At Costco, you work with a multitude of people that allows you to connect and diversify your friend group.
The work place culture was very casual but fast-paced. As a forklift driver a self starting team player attitude was essential. Good organizational skills and communication skills were also important.
Pros: Good pay Friendly people Great benefits Good advancement Cons: Hard work Stressful Busy Generally a good place to work with great opportunities management can be tricky to deal with in some aspects but do care about you
Store hours are flexible with home life and is a great workplace culture. The customers and employees are always nice and friendly. i thrive each day to do to better the next as the atmosphere always motivates me, i would love to stay but sadly am in need of a fulltime position.
Great pay but the people working there are very snobby and judgemental. There manangement are not understanding about personal issues and expect costco to come before anything in your life. If your not willing to put them first then bad place to work. Also they dont like outsiders. They are all dating or in some kind of relationship they appreciate the ones who work less and under appreciate the real hard workers
Pros
The pay
Cons
Hard to get hired on
The work you do is consistent and always similar from day to day. Per my experience as a student, management is very good and flexible to your needs. There is always work to do so your job is secure. They sometimes cut hours depending on volume of work but they never cut days. There are times that they might even give you extra days or hours if they need it but you aren't forced to take them if you don't wish to. Workplace culture is pretty standard. Generally, people get along as long as everyone is following protocol and completing work. There isn't much personal interaction, but that could be a benefit if you are into that. The hardest part of the job is the physical labour, but you either get used to it or eventually get promoted to a less labour intensive position. The enjoyable part is that it is consistent, you get good benefits, and people are kind.
Pros
Flexibility, and job security.
Cons
Its hard work.
Hard work but great benefits, Lots to learn by working in different departments. Management was ok. Great co-workers, family atmosphere. Good pay, great benefits!
It was an enriching experience, but the warehouse where I worked for clearly needs a more standardized management type. What I mean is (for example) that you could get different ways of seeing and applying the same procedures depending on who (among assistant-managers and supervisors) you would addressed the question or concern. It was a fun workplace at the beginning, but it is an energy consuming atmosphere, both in the psychological and the physical sense. The benefits (assurances, paid membership cards, higher salary than the minimum, etc.) were satisfying. Anyway, I am grateful for what I learned and the challenges that allowed me to improve my skills such as productivity, communication and autonomy.
Pros
well paid for the education required, students can work only during summer
Cons
working most of the times on week-ends, hard to settle vacations
Nice company to work for and we had weekly meetings with all kinds of departments that would take up an entire day. Did get difficult with Government Accounting department that would come in every second month require all different paper that was already boxed and misfiled that made it very hard to find. That is why I make all my work very accurate. I would go into a room with a list of single pages they would require to have and if it was misfiled then it sure made things interesting.
Pros
A lot of meetings and lunch was supplied
Cons
Some days were long because of month end.
I worked for this company, for 10 yrs and I was inspired to go into Business Management and Human Resources. I found that some employees needed that extra help with things in the company. HR department was low staff and it was difficult to get answers and thats what i want to do help people . help my coworkers. Assist them in any way i could to make a job enviroment better.
Pros
bonuses one a year for top pay employees
Cons
management needed a better training in my view