Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Good environment to work in. flexible hours as a students. receive training to get you going as new employee. The management is awesome. I encourage to take the opportunity if you get it.
This is a very good company. These guys value diversity and really do their best to help their people grow. There is a lot of balance here and the management is second to none. I would work there forever, but I am just starting my career and had to leave.
overall, everyone from the customers to the other workers were all very welcoming and open. It barely felt like work as I would be talking to customers and talking to my fellow workers who made the experience not even feel like work. I learned a lot in how to deal with customers and what works best when trying to help customers find what they are in need of. The hardest part about it was probably just being on my feet for so long, but thats every job isn't it? Having the smell of coffee surrounding me was a very big comfort for sure and made the hours just slip away.
Sometimes the management at Costco can be hard to deal with. Any Mistakes you may make is such a big deal with them. They have no problem yelling at you in front of other employees and Members. Its a pain to get hours more hours. And a pain to get time off.
Pros
learning about Current technologies
Cons
Not enough hours/ Management.
Was hired for technology sales due to past experiences, very accommodating if you want to go to college or university. Wage is amazing for the job you do, moving around departments is pretty easy.
Pros
Very good pay
Cons
Each store has it's own "culture" which can be eh.
Costco has a great atmosphere to work in. Management was great, the employees, in general, were really great as well. I got to experience a variety of positions there as well.
I am glad to work with costco, positive attitude, helpful, busy and more fun as well as great and engaging and educate the members helping them to find their products.
Pros
Free Lunches, Stat and Vacation Pay
Cons
Short Hours
Great job but definitely not a good career! provides a great chance to step up and show yourself and a very competent individual giving yourself lots of freedom that the average job does not. However on the front end managers tend to micro-manage frequently! This job is 100% dictated by who likes you and what managers you are friends with! The right person for the job will never GET the job. That being said there are some locations that I heard are great. I worked at 3 separate locations and they were all the same, but that's just my view-point.
Pros
Extremely-Friendly
Cons
bad hours always all over the place, work every weekend, holidays are expected to be worked, very little time for social life
It is a face paced environment, where you are dealing with 1000's of customers a day. Great place to grow your communication skills and on the spot thinking.
Pros
Great benefits and pay.
Cons
Working weekends
A typical day at work was serving food samples to customers who come by, taking up their concerns, questions, comments and complains. A typical work day was 10 - 12 hours long.
Pros
Socialization
Cons
Long Hours, A lot of standing
Just an absolutely, great place to work. Great incentives, free membership for self and family. Benefits are fantastic. I wouldn't have left if there was a location close to where I now live.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
not located in owen sound
The job itself is gruelling. But the employees are fun to work with. There is very little scope to move forward. Hardly any career opportunities. Pay increment is too less
Pros
co workers are fun
Cons
Very tiring
Worked there as a student. Pay was average. Management was great. They were extremely helpful and I got a chance to meet some wonderful people there!!
Worked hard, communicate,social,early person there before time sometimes. culture or the workplace i great. rude people and getting to meet new people
Competitive work place environment. Once pass probation, you can move up in terms of job advancement.
Pros
Durability
Cons
Costco was one of my favorite places to work, it was fast, so your shifts flew by. Everyone was treated equally on the job and the environment was friendly.
Pros
fast work, fast days
Cons
carts (everyone at the end of the shift had to go out and collect carts, it sucked in the winter time)
A typical day is serving the Members on the sales floor. Special duties include cleaning the fence of empty boxes, bailing those boxes, helping front end cash registers or stocking the shelves/coolers/freezers. I learned that Costco has some excellent policies in writing that are disregarded by Management. Management are on a different level from the staff and they let you know it. "I am your boss, hahaha!" is a direct quote from Day 1 at Costco. My co-workers were mostly nice. A couple of them show you their true colours when they are faced with the prospect of becoming a Manager. The hardest part of the job was trying to communicate with Management. They did their best to postpone talks, and avoid replying to inbox letters. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping Members.
Pros
Wages, benefits, raises, job security
Cons
Management tactics
One of the best jobs that I've ever had , the people are what make that place a great success.
Costco is a nice place to work, I worked a seasonal position.I worked in the Bakery.
Pros
good pay
Cons
seasonal