Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Sales Merchandiser

Bloomstar gave me the opportunity to work long hours and gain the knowledge necessary to move forward in the merchandising industry. Costco has far too many employees to become close with the workers and are very helpful and knowledgeable.
Pros
Cons
too many employees
Started in the tire center and was constantly shuffled into other departments or pulled away to help in them during busy times. Managers from front end would pull us out of both the Tire Center and off maintenance to box groceries and then get offended when you try to leave to take your break. Absolutely atrocious scheduling in maintenance, at one point I started my week working close (11pm) on Tuesday and ended it opening (6am) on Saturday. In the year I was there I had a half dozen different managers, only two of which were good and suited for the job. Tire shop was alot of fun to work, but the customers were the most entitled people I've ever had the misfortune to deal with, and you were constantly understaffed from (the actual lack of staffing) and from being pulled away into other departments. Every single other employee at Costco was both cheerful and helpful with the exception of the fork lift drivers. Evening drivers were grumpy, but morning drivers were absolutely miserable human beings, zero respect for others, rude and absolutely no mind for anyones job but their own. Costco is great for advancement, but for a part time job there are better places to work. A big thing that people praise Costco on is their competitive wages; our management rep told us that 25 years ago when she started, she made 10$ an hour. The minimum wage 25 years ago was 5$ an hour. I started at minimum wage, not at double.
Pros
Easy to climb corporate ladder, love that costco cafe
Cons
Terrible management, terrible hours, not competitive salary
provides a great income to provide for family, great benefit packages and incentive for advancement within. Holiday benefits and vacation excels yearly.
Great place to work with great people and culture. Very fast paced and there is always something to do. Great if you like working with your hands. Time flies when you work. Opportunity to work autonomously when the store closes and they play music on the speakers. Loved working here- had to leave because there was a 10 year waiting list for full time employment. As soon as I left, they opened full time positions left and right. Whoops
Pros
fast paced, great people
Cons
can be physically demanding
Always on your feet. lots bending reaching...co workers were good. Best part was working the electronics department, relaxed environment. Good pay to start..benefits roll in a little later into your employment.
A typical day at Costco varies from day to day. Sometimes you are extremely busy and sometimes not so much.