Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

I loved working for Costco while I was in school as they have a program which allows you to work during your breaks and flexibly during the school year. Working for a big company such as Costco also has amazing opportunities for scholarships and insurance, and not to mention that the work environment is never stressful and the managers are very in tune with the staff. I loved my experience at Costco and recommend it to whomever is interested!
Great place to work if you are okay with high stress situations and not moving up. They take the best employees and make them not want to work there anymore.
I love helping and solving problems for customers and answering questions.
a productive and fun workplace which had friendly coworkers who were always ready to help, teach and promote employee well being and integration. Would recommend it to anyone
Quality of life is an overarching term for the quality of the various domains in life. It is a standard level that consists of the expectations of an individual or society for a good life. These expectations are guided by the values, goals and socio-cultural context in which an individual lives.
Pros
nn
Cons
mm
it is really fun to work there. all the members are very friendly. you can change shift according to your class time. busy every day. so time passes by easily. bus routes are there too
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
very busy
nice place to work , nice employees nice environment. gained sales skills, good inter personnel skills, good leadership skills and interacted well with each and everyone there
Good place to work. Open communication format, extensive benefits and compensation, rewards and incentive programs. Availability of training and professional performance development opportunities.
The other workers are very friendly and nice. It is an enjoyable place to work. The work always gets done to the best of our abilities. We try our best to uphold the Costco standards.
Pros
Scheduled Breaks
Cons
Crazy Shifts
Costco is a very fast paced retail working environment. Management is always understanding and makes your job a lot easier. Would recommend this job to anyone working on their customer service or management skills.
Jobs at Costco Wholesale
Sales Associate positions
See more jobs
A typical day at Costco is pretty straight forward. The manager would usually prepare a rough idea of what needs to be completed for that day and the staff would work off of that. Through my many years at Costco I picked up strong customer service skills. I gained the patience and ability to handle stressful and tough issues the customers may encounter. Overall Costco is a great company and I would recommend the company to anyone looking for work.
benefits
Costco is a good company to work for because of good benefits, fair pay, and mostly great people to work with. Met plenty of nice people but also awful ones too. Management, at least at the location I was working at, is absolutely terrible. I have seen way too much favoritism, unfairness, picking on particular people, harassment (physical and psychological), unnecessary rudeness, double standards, etc. There was very few down-to-earth managers that were actually doing their jobs the right way. Also, the floor kills your feet!
Pros
Good benefits, fair pay, mostly great people to work with.
Cons
Awful management resulting in bad work environment at times.
Costco is a great company to work for, just don't do it in Windsor. Head office treats Windsor like an afterthought, and the stagnant mgmt. is allowed to destroy the corporate culture through ineptitude and petty cruelty. Saw many, many examples of bullying and sexist behaviour exhibited by mgmt. Many excellent employees will be forever overlooked due to the "old boys club" in mgmt that has been allowed to thrive for more than a decade.
Pros
Good pay for the work
Cons
Schedule is ridiculous due to terrible local mgmt.
Costco lacks the communication of individuals working together to solve problems. It's too fast pace of a job, where quantity conquers quality. Sundays bring good money but overall not a good place to be employed.
Pros
Sunday wages
Cons
everything else
There's many advantages to working at Costco - free lunches here and there, many training modules to take advantage of, tons of experience to gain from working here.
Pros
Job security, higher than minimum wage
Cons
products are amazing and always care about customers. well trained management team , always extra hours to work. management always ensure that staff knows of product they are selling.
Some of the best people I've ever worked with. They become like a family. Learned a lot about customer service, salesmanship, and working in a team. The fast pace can be hard but is also invigorating. Lots of opportunities and advancement is quick if your motivated.
Pros
Amazing people, Job security, benefits
Cons
Long hours on your feet
loved working as a sales associates in costco. got a chance to interact with lot of people and friendly environment. but there is no proper management of allotting shifts.
ive always had a great time working there and amazing service. customers always had a smile on their faces n employees always wanted to do a great job.
i leand from this job is to how to promote the product and how to comvience the consumer to sell the product and reach at the goal of selling.The hardest part is to handle the more than one people at same time . The most enjoyable part is the appriciation of people.
Being connected with Costco was a benefit! The job was great and kept me busy. I felt very respected and appreciated as an employee here. I worked closely with staff and made some friends.