Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Photo Technician

Excellent pay Fairly equal bonus for all employees twice a year Good company culture Fast paced environment Should be flexible for working hours even weekends Good management Nice co workers Fantastic holiday party No way to grow in Accounting field
Overall a great experience. I was a student while working here and Worked well around my busy university schedule. They staff were all great to work alongside and I would happily recommend this to others.
Good Place to Work, Friendly environment, Working in Costco is feeling like I'm working home.benefits are really good. open door policy is good thing to communicate with top management
Daily helping members with any questions concerns and enhancing their shopping experience. I've learned better how to communicate and serve in a retail environment. Management is great, you met various types of people and can further your career quickly through Costco. They are very accommodating towards students as well. Very handy when you need a job with flexible hours! I found the hardest part of the job was working on a concrete floor. The most enjoyable for me, was training in different departments to change up your work days and gain more skill.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Standing or walking on concrete all day
The day starts when they slide that big door up. As the members slipped through our counter was always first on their list. Helping them with uploading their photos, picking up photos or just giving technical advice to accomplish what they need. We were very lucky in our department as our managers were always there to assist. Yet they felt comfortable to leave us alone to run things. Proper training in equipment and and services is the key to this. The staff I worked with was great, we had laughs but when it came down to working it was a team effort that made the days seem easy even when it was extremely busy. Probably the hardest part of the job was mechanical failure of the equipment and trying to get product to our members as fast as possible. I was a problem solver and loved finding the issue and fixing it. I learned my vendors by their first name so when ordering supplies could learn how the rest of the world was doing and putting orders for our lab. The best part of my job was one on one with the members and the people I worked with.
Pros
Good pay/benefits and great people to be around
Cons
hours no longer coincided with home life wanted more part time
Costco is great place to gain experience, and have a consistent workflow. They have a position for almost anyone based on your past work experience and will help you get the tools you need to learn something your interested in.
Good company to work for, good pay, and good hours. Nice coworkers, happy customers, fair priced products and goods. Lots of parking and a big employee lounge.
A typical day at work involves customer service and processing customers orders. The hardest part of the job is processing the customers orders in a 1 hour time frame.