Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Pharmacy Intern

My experience at Costco was pleasant and informative. I met great people with i still get in touch and I learned important skill which I am using in my daily practice.
Pros
good team work, good salary, good benefits, good work/life balance, good breaks
Cons
very stressful workplace, short of staff, long waiting time, lots of mistakes filling medications. Bullied by some of the staff members. Poor patient relationship.
No interest to respect all cultures. Suffered form racism by a low qualified pharmacy manager. Don't want to talk more as this is a horrible experience for beginning a pharmacy career
Very fast paced work environment. As a student I quickly had to learn to multi task. Hard place for a student to learn more skilled tasks due to high volume of work, as work would quickly pile up. It was a fare workplace until the Regional Pharmacy Manager changed, which soon lead to a disappearance of company culture to promote from within. District managers do not care about retaining students once they are licensed. Store managers play favoritism in scheduling/promoting. (Lost 6 years of seniority with the company, was removed from the employee system while in school for rotations without being informed or contacted.)
Pros
High pay rate
Cons
Managers play favoritism
Very fast pace environment. Great opportunities. Great learning experience. Busy environment. Very enjoyable environment to work in. Great benefits. Very competitive field.