Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Packer

Job duties varied; cashing, packing, collecting carts before closing. Never a boring day at work. Management was very friendly and understanding; they wanted me to become permanent , but due to school I could not accept their job offering.
Theres a room of afvancement but it takes a long time.one thing i dont like here us the seniority base kind if thing as some if those who worked here for a long time were taking advantage of the new ones by iften times killing time when the time was getting close to home time.not all of them but some people i saw theyre doing it and the higher ups dont see this thing happening.
Pros
Free bottled water
Cons
Not guareenteed hours for seasonal workers
I worked at Costco for the Christmas season, and honestly it was horrible. I was a front end packer and it was really hard work. I also spent hours outside in the dark in the pouring rain collecting carts. Would come back inside soaked to the bone. Working hear was like 20 grit sandpaper on my mental health. 10/10 not a good time.
I was only there as a seasonal worker, however with my experience most of the people I worked with weren't very talkative to newcomers. The workload is fast paced and you may need to life heavy things
If you are looking for a job that will keep you when you go away to school its a ok place to work, they give you a calendar to mark your available workdays if you go to a post-secondary school. The downside is that if you are part-time you get no say in when you work and need to work around what they would like unless you can trade shifts with someone
Very fast-paced environment. You have to work hard constantly, but you are rewarded for that with your pay & benefits. Management is pretty good; they're always trying their best to motivate their employees, and they are dedicated to making their warehouse the best it can be. (As for what I've experienced!) The culture at Costco is employees work hard, but they always try to make the best out of their day. We take the time to enjoy our conversations with each costumer and/or employee. There's room for laughter and jokes at work, but you have to always be busy doing something productive. You will enjoy working at Costco if you are sociable and have good work ethics.
Pros
Lots of social events for employees. Good culture.
Cons
Short Break for Part-Times. You HAVE to work hard and fast.
While they are very accommodating it's difficult to get even part-time employment here. And they will work you hard in the time you are there. Seasonal is great for students, Costco is hard to get into if you want a career however.
Loved working there. As with any job there are positives and negatives. Scheduling was a little unorganized. People are a pleasure to work with and customers were great as well.
Pros
Great peao
Cons
Scheduling was unorganized.
The work that done consist of alot of labour hard and physical work and I have to be on toes at all time when putting out every morning. At the end it all look good when finished. The management is good and they know what they are doing
Pros
best pay package
Cons
a lot of work
I worked at costco for the 2017 summer seasonal position. It was a good place to work for the summer as a student because of the good pay ($13 an hour and $17 on Sundays), but going back to school i would never be able to handle it. They give long hours even to seasonal employees who are expected to get the least amount, and it is so hard trying to get days off. I had to miss out on family weddings and trips because my time off wasn't approved.
Pros
good pay, friendly employees
Cons
long hours, hard to get time off, favouritism from management
Costco Warehouse was a good company to work for. It was a very productive and harmonious. I gained a lot of experience and worked effectively and deligently . I got along with my Supervisor and my co- workers. My supervisor was approachable in dealing with our issues at our department and address our issues immediately.It was my pleasure to work in the meat department. I would have worked there longer but I had an emergency to attend to in the Philippines so I had to leave because I didn't know how long I would be gone.
Its a busy place to work as well as its extremely fast paced, but also very fun. The work atmosphere is great and all the employees are fantastic to work along side with.
Fast pace working environment, always busy must be on your toes at all times. Co-workers are very friendly. good pay and benefits
Pros
Great pay
Cons
not enough hours given
-A great company all around -Awesome people to work with -Very fast paced environment -Learned organizational skills -Outstanding benefit program
Working at Costco is fun and cool even if its hard and so busy. All Managers and Supervisors are very kind and friendly. I am looking forward to have work again in Costco.
Pros
sometimes free snacks
Cons
enough hours
It is a great place to work, I would recommend anyone to work there. I enjoyed all of the jobs they got me to do. I liked the hours, my co-workers, my pay, my managers. I was sad I was only a seasonal worker. I hope to get rehired in the spring.
Pros
Great hours, great pay, close to home
very supportive environment for new employees flexible shifts nice atmosphere to work in very professional staff clear instructions from the leaders/ supervisors
Pros
membership card
Cons
hard to get in
working at costco is great, because they respect and give hours according to what you ask. they also have a great program for people working and going to school.
My time at Costco was enjoyable, the management are friendly. Its a very fast paced place to work. Sky is the limit on opportunity here.
Cons
evenings and weekends
The management was great however, it is not just one job. It is a lot of jobs in one. Whether you're the manager or the packer, there is always something that needs to be done.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
long hours, short pay
I work the night shift and come in at different times past noon. Typically I will go and help pack carts for a few hours, especially during busy times of the day. Occasionally I will be asked to help load a larger order into a customers vehicle during this time. When it starts to approach closing time and the amount of customers slows down I am typically asked to help return items that customers didn't want, or bring them to MR in the event they were broken/unsellable. During this time if customers approach me looking for items I am expected to help them find it. When the store finally closed I will typically either help stock the food which was rather physically demanding at times or to remove and compact the many empty boxes and plastic wraps that tends to accumulate while stocking. Weekends when they close early usually go better than others and we typically finish early. Weekdays are not always smooth sailing and many of us would be asked to stay late and help if the job was unfinished. If all the work is finished I am often asked to stay behind and help sweep the floors and tidy up the shelves so that the store will be presentable in the morning.
Pros
Good starting salary, quick pay upgrades, huge room for advancement
Cons
Physically demanding, sometimes have to work late hours