Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Optician

Overall great company to work for. Fair wage and fair treatment. Would highly recommend working here. Great management and coworkers. 10/10 would recommend.
Warehouse mentality - some locations ask you to help bag groceries or take you out of the optician location and onto the warehouse floor for a short period of time during the work day.
awesome place to work for and great people to work with.Had good time learning new things from such an experienced and passionate staff.Happy and fun work environment.
Managers don’t back you up. Members get whatever they want. Members treat you poorly and get away with it. Poor hours including weekends and evenings.
Depends on your work location. There is good job security but as a result they keep some people who are lazy negative and contribute very little. While they have good ethical policies they are difficult to enforce so that is all I have to say.
Overall Costco has amazing people working there! Most are hard workers who do their job and seem to enjoy themselves. The company itself offers a lot of benefits and really tries to take care of its employees. It is a great place to work. Not all department managers are the easiest to work with and that can make your day challenging, but the company is set up in a way that encourages you to be able to speak to those who are higher up to ensure you can work efficiently.
Good staff and great employer to work for, hours and benefits were a bonus.
Pros
benifits
Cons
limited lens ie. no high index
Am I job hunting for their benefit? I worked there for three years. I always asked to be transferred to Vancouver or the Okanagan and they didn't seem interested.Superstore made me an offer to transfer me and then renegaded on the offer once they hired me, and so I left on my own. I doubt their interested firstly.Secondly, after deregulation and not having a job, and not being able to afford $1,000. every year for all my licenses I let them lapse.Is this sufficient?
Pros
good, but
Cons
spiteful