Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Merchandising Associate

Excellent colleagues and workforce population, fluctuating periods of demand in regular patterns making for rhythmic work life. Professional growth opportunities through training and internal promotion regularly throughout each fiscal quarter.
Pros
Great employee benefits.
Cons
Potential for early or late hours.
They couldn't even keep their promises from the interview to me regarding the type of hours I would be working, start out at minimum wage to do slave labor in the mornings for high strung, stressed out, passive-aggressive managers. In my 30s...frankly don't need that attitude for min wage at this point in my life, thanks but no thanks guys.
Pros
discounts with insurance companies, get to be a member of Costco
Cons
early hours, high strung management, lie in interview process
Great place for work and for a better career. However, the current managers are not bothered about the problems in the workplace that are faced by the employees. I strongly believe that they need to be improved in their current practices. Most importantly, managers have racism. Heavy discriminations and makes me difficult to work with a good mindset.
Overworked and underpaid Careless management Unclear job instructions Disorganized facility and departments Rude, disrespectful, and inconsiderate coworkers
Depending on what you are hired for, the workplace culture across the board is actually very good, and people want to help each other out for the most part. If this is early on in your career, a highly valued place to learn and advance.
Pros
Great Staff, Easy work, Good Exercise
Cons
I always heard Costco was great to work for. This was not my experience. I was hired after having an interview stating that I would not be working all the time in the morning, it would be possible to do that sometimes. Basically every shift after I was hired was at 6 am. The management during the morning merchandising and stocking are cranky and sarcastic to the employees. Plus it was only 25 hours a week and minimum wage, which is no where close to what I need to live.
Pros
Good benefits and store hours, good potential long term
Cons
Starting out at Costco is slow going on pay and hours
enjoyed interacting with costumers and other employees. Was able to move around to different departments. this allowed me to learn other positions and become a well rounded employee.
stocking, learned pallet jack use and stocking technique, management was okay sometimes didnt understand, work place was usually up beat, getting off early in the day was nice.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
lot of sanding
good, but you learn more than trained... thinking on your feet... management cant manage the stress level of the job and points fingers on others
Great place to begin your journey and build yourself for the future. Friendly environment, very team oriented which helped me thrive.
Pros
free membership
Cons
tough hours