Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 69 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Merchandiser

Hands down Favourite job I’ve ever had. really wish it was easier to get hired on full time. No wonder no one wants to leave. would work there forever
wage was good, and guaranteed hours. However managemnent at the NL location made me want to quite. Hated that location, but enjoyed my work at the surrey BC location
decent company to work for, good benefits and hours, hardest part would be lack of staff, good coworkers, its good if you enjoy customer service, hours are good and reliable
i did not enjoy working theyre not very oganized mean poeple cna be frustrating at times when other poeple are contantly in a bad mood thats all i have to say
If you don't plan on being there for the rest of your life then don't bother. You start at minimum wage and get a 50 cent raise every 800 hours worked. On top of that those that have earned the top scale wage will continuously find ways to do less and less work making it seem like you're getting payed less to do more than other people. Very frustrating system.
Pros
paid break
Cons
random scheduling, sloppy management
I got the job as a part-time morning merchandiser. I've been there a week and I'm already about to quit. Let me explain: Let me start by saying, it's definitely a great place to work if that's what you want as a career. Costco is very good with advancement within the company. Work hard and you will move up. In fact, most of the management and head office employees are hired internally. As a new employee I was just kind of used as an extra set of hands. I did not receive any training. They kind of just told me what to stock and what to clean up. After the store opened, they told me to pack carts at front end. A couple of the employees noticed that I wasn't actually getting trained and went out of their way to show me the ropes as much as they could while doing their job which was awesome. It was just weird how management kind of just threw me into the fire and I didn't get proper training. Not even any safety training. What I don't like about this company is that they act like they pretty much own you in that they expect you to have "open availability" and therefore are not flexible whatsoever. They refuse to work around other schedules. In fact, you're not going to get hours if you're in school which is why they have that student program. I'm not a big fan of this because most students need to at least have a part time job while they're in school. The shifts I was given were 6am-10am with the option of staying until 2:30 if I wanted to go the full 8 hours which was nice. I'm not sure that this would've continued on if I stayed. If you like your weekends, - more...
Pros
Fast-paced, pay
Cons
Physically demanding, No weekends
I learned that Costco is a very diverse, social work environment. I The harder part depends on which department and position of the worker, in regards to shift start and or end. Morning Merchandiser start as early as 05:00, as does high season in Tire Centre. Evening Merchandising can end as late as 23:30.
great place as a part-time job. good hours. great management team. great company to work for if you want a friendly work environment. great people at each location.
- While store hours are open, it can be quite boring with repetitive cleaning tasks. After closing hours stocking picks up and is done all at once since not much can be done during open hours. - Overall culture is decent with the usual approachable individuals and non-approachable.
Customer Focused and presentation and product know how is a must.All employees are willing to help out each other depending on the need of services required in each of the customer or the department at any given time of the day.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Costco Wholesale?
- Workloads not evenly distributed - Poor support from management - Daily customer harassment - Physically demanding - Great pay and benefits - convenient location
Pros
Job Security, Hourly Wages, Benefits
Cons
Work Environment, Management, Task Deligation
costco is a great company to get on with. They have many amazing benefits to both full and part time employees. Excellent health care coverage and pension plans. I enjoy working here and am happy I have staid.
Pros
benefits, wages, job security
Cons
physical job, fast paced
Great place great people. Great managment good listeners works more around you than the company to make sure your great for the company and perform your best and great deals if you have a family.
A typical day at work consisted of making the store presentable to customers when the entered. This meant we had a limited time to complete our task. From this job I learned diligence and discipline and how to present a store to customers. The most difficult part of the job was working under a deadline constantly and dealing with heavy products.
Good place to work, good benefits. The management is very flexible with you if you're flexible with them, although it's very unorganized and messy at times.
A typical day is fast pace and demanding. With this job I have learned lots from adapting new skills to improving customer service relations. The culture is very warming treating employees as family. I would say the hardest part of the job is labour itself, after awhile the heavy lifting can take a toll, but on the bright side a gym membership isn't needed.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Heavy lifting
A typical day at work included keeping the merchandise area clean, helping customers locate merchandise, loading items into vehicles, etc... It was very much a team oriented company which gave me the opportunity to exercise working as part of a team.
- work environment is very stress free - input valued - great benefits - great management - great pay - flexible hours and lots of potential departments you could choose to work for
constantly micromanaged and under appreciated. Typical day is a nightshift consisting of stacking shelves and reorganizing or re-allocating palettes for the next day.
Great place to work. wonderful people to work with, great opportunities. Fast paced with plenty of opportunity to learn new skills. Many chances to try something or somewhere new.
I have worked at Costco since I was 18 years old and they have treated me so well! They strive to make you want to stay with the company as a career and there is always room to make advances within job titles within the warehouse.