Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Merchandiser

Hands down Favourite job I’ve ever had. really wish it was easier to get hired on full time. No wonder no one wants to leave. would work there forever
a typical shift you would clock in, be assigned your isle to stock and you would have to complete them in an amount of time. managers would usually ask very often to help other co workers complete there task.
This place is great but the managers are not so helpful they need to watch and evaluate them every month, I try my best to be nice to keep the job ...
Working at Costco was really fun since everyone on the team knew each other and helped each other to finish the job on time. The management was really kind and helpful when it came to training and understanding out personal life.
Costco was my first proper job, they were understanding and very helpful in day to day work. I was in for a seasonal but ended up being able to stay afterwards and felt very welcome. Overall Costco is a great place to work.
Horrible place to work, no respect as an employee, and constantly having to rush to get things done because of unorganized managers. I for example was 6 days away from 90 day period ending when they laid me off.
People have worked at costco for 4 or more years...to finally get full time hours. They coop you like chickens...you work 3 months or less...depending on when you started. Then they pick who they want for which deoartment..for ex:.produce.freezer.textiles etc. Then out of all the people they hired. They keep very few..they dont tell you its a competion for a few spots.opened
Fun atmosphere, rewarding work, lots of room for growth and great pay. Management can be a bit erratic at times but great coworker and culture. Would go back in a heartbeat!
It was a lot of physical labor, but with fun co-workers the day went by quickly and easily. Everyone was willing to help out the other departments when needed, and worked hard to finish everything by the end of the night.
Lots of heavy lifting required in a short amount of time. Felt that the pay was too low for the work being done. Everyone was in the same boat so I'd always feel guilty to ask coworkers for help, knowing that they were struggling as well. Management was unclear, not sure who my direct supervisors were.
Plenty of nice people to work beside. I was a seasonal employee, and in my experience as such there was a high sense of competitiveness between other seasonal employees. Mainly due to the fact that at the end of the season they would only keep 1 or 2 of them.
Loved working for Costco, never really had a chance to work up to full-time. If I had the chance to get even close to 40 hours a week I would have stayed for the long term.
Pros
Awesome company to work for, that:s why nobody leaves
Cons
part-time
An amazing workplace that gives amazing benefits and pay. A worthwhile experience for many people and a career worth seeing to long term goals. An enjoyable experience.
Pros
2 paid 15 minute breaks, high demand, great benefits, great pay
Cons
Broken economics, not for the performance driven, cult like
efficient and fun workplace. good benefits and people are good. it is a good company to start with and very kind to the employees. glad to be one of them
A lot of physical labor, need to have good endurance for repetitive lifting motions, need to be quick and organized. Morning merchandiser need to be an early riser (4:00 am)
Pros
free memberhsip
Cons
early hours
Hard to get any advancement like full time due to seniority issues. Management varies per location so some are better than others. Slower times of the years hours get reduced so you're expected to go home early (they ask you to go, you do not have to say yes) .
Pros
free membership
Cons
Not stable work
Great working environment. Great co-workers. Something new everyday. Many different job skills in all sorts of disciplines to be learned from running a deep fryer to installing tires.
Working at Costco is like working with your friends. The atmosphere and management are very friendly towards you and will take all the necessary steps in insuring the employee has a safe and fun working environment.
Pros
Extra pay on Sun and overtime
Cons
physical exsersion
They care little about people. they think they are better than everyone else because they have a management title. there is a reason why everyone is on stress leave.
Loved it here. Worked seasonal and the managers / co workers were great. Time goes by fast, work isn't too difficult ( some heavy lifting ) but it's overall great.
Pros
$4 wage increase on Sundays
I had a good time in costco i loved working there it was fun and easy. everyone was nice and it was a good place to work at for everyone and also alot of benefits