Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Merchandiser

Found 123 reviews matching the search See all 8,530 reviews
Good Job
Early Morning Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON18 March 2019
Good Job, can grow within without a problem and the job allows you to work flexible hours and learn new skills that you can apply in the workplace and in real life
good structure
Morning Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 March 2019
Costco is a great place for anyone who wants a stable life and knows what they can receive out of this job. Employees are treated well but sometimes getting into management can be a little stressful because it can be a long an on going process that might not even see you get the results you wanted, even if you put the work in for that position. Another complaint I have is that you're just a number in this giant company, just like any other massive company. They do treat employees very well with pay and benefits.
Pros
good structure
Cons
they expect costco to be your life
Great staff to work with
morning merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 February 2019
Enjoyed my time working with Costco Wholesale in the morning merchandiser section. The staff was greta to work with, and made the working hours fly by. As a Whole Costco was a great organization to work for.
Enjoyable place to work. Just need to work full time
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL25 January 2019
Unfortunately getting full time work or even hours at Costco is a long process. If you could get full time hours quicker, it would be an excellent place to work.
Cons
Over half of their staff is part time. Most want full time
I loved working for Costco but....
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2019
Refused to deal with staff bully who was a rampant terror to every staff member in multiple departments in direct violation of Costco's own anti-bullying policies and Human Rights Legislation. I will not go back to Costco because of this one employee and the daily convicts they created. I am very disappointed in Costco for this failure.
Pros
Hard physical labour, great for getting physically fit.
Cons
Failure to follow their own anti-bullying policies and Human Rights Legislation
it was ok
Night Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB7 January 2019
lifted heavy objects, learned responsibility by working by my self, management was ok, not the best but nowhere has great management. The workplace culture was pretty relaxed as the job was not complex at all, but people who worked there tend to complain about how "hard" the job was. The hardest part of the job was the amount of physical labor and having to deal with customers that just like to get in the way. the most enjoyable part of the job was when the store was closed and there were no customers so you could get the work done fast and efficiently.
Awesome place to work, very welcoming
Seasonal AM Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 January 2019
I only worked there for a short period of time as I was a seasonal employee but it was a great job to have. Unfortunately hours were cut and we could not be kept on but there is the potential for a call back. The management team is wonderful. Overall a great job.
Good environment to work in
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON31 December 2018
Costco was a good company to work in with advancement opportunities, my day to day task was merchandising. Managers were friendly and helpful. Can talk to anyone about any concerns
Great people and great management
Night Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 December 2018
I learned to work in an extremely fast paced environment. Making sure that deadlines are met and done correctly. Overall fun job because you are constantly challenging yourself.
good environment
food court lead and merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 December 2018
a typical day ..replenishing supplies on shelves. alot of heavy lifting, restocking supplies , from clothing to deli to produce,,use of a pallet jack ... i learnt alot about safety in a warehouse environment.. the rules of 1st in 1st out applies to all product,, and how to be responsible for my own department .. the hardest part of my work was the heavy lifting and the most enjoyable part was seeing the end result of all the hard work ,it makes one feel good to see what you can achieve.
Pros
trust from the management
Cons
not enough employees on week-ends
Extremely fast-paced environment
merchandising (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 November 2018
Extremely fast-paced environment that required an extremely high level of maintenance. Very physically intensive job with high demand for productivity.
benefits
Cons
physically and mentally demanding
Decent workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 November 2018
- You stand and walk around most of your work day (other than on your lunch time obviously)
- You have to work on your own, there is only a part-time employee on some days and on other days it's the full-timer's shifts
Pros
A lot of independence
Cons
On your feet all day
Costco, overall, is a great company to work for and does offer opportunity for advancement
Night Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC12 November 2018
Making sure our members are taken care of is the most important part of our daily job. We need to make sure product is available and easily accessible to our members. The work environment is quite enjoyable, very much like a family away from home. I'd say that is my most enjoyable part of the job. It makes it feel less like work. There is always something to do, and when it is busy we are required to prioritize order of importance for making our product on the sales floor accessible and tidy. Sometimes this can be hard because you are pulled in different directions, so learning to do one thing at a time is important, but can be hard to follow.
Overrated
Stocker - Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON24 September 2018
The staff you worked with were good . Management was looking to save money, by asking people to leave early before their shift ended due to the fact costco did not meet sales quota for the day
Great for longterm stability
Service and Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Marché Central - Montréal, QC20 August 2018
This is an environment for someone who is looking for longterm stability. In the first year you need to be prepared to sacrifice time and money to get the seniority necessary to have a good schedule and pay rate. The work is simple but above average standards and effort is required in a fast paced high pressure environment.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Scheduling flexibility isn't great
Hard Work, Good Employer
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB18 July 2018
Not a bad place to work if you get a job in the right department. Morning Merchandising was difficult with the requirement to start your day at 3am. Hard to get the easy jobs that everyone wants like standing at the door looking at receipts.
great company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON15 July 2018
Organized,
good benefits, good management,
competitive wages
lots of perks with discounts and free membership
good work environment, i enjoyed my time here
Fun place to work with good co-workers
Night Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 July 2018
I worked as night merch. Typically spent the afternoon cleaning up/stocking and the evening driving forklifts. I had great co-workers who I still talk to 3 years later and a good management team.
Somewhat decent place to work
Night Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 July 2018
Great place to work if you have been there for 20+ years. Management is constantly changing, they often play favorites and it can be difficult to advance. Can be a fun workplace, but they often change the rules depending on the warehouse manager.
Family oriented
Night Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC8 July 2018
Everyone was very welcoming at first but then quickly stop talking to you except for a few. I ended up feeling like I was being pushed out and it didn't make me feel very good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2