Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Membership Assistant

Very fast pace. Can get very hectic when busy. Problem solving when interaction with members. Push for employees to sell MasterCard credit program. Manager very good. Co-workers awesome.
Will try and take advantage of you and sometimes goals are unachievable. Others will try hold you down including management. Their system of doing inventory is brutal.
They work you to the bone, saying that to "stand out" and get a permanent position, you need to prove yourself. So you say yes to everything and work many hours (while you're "cheap" to the company) in whatever position they put you in ("don't worry about sales goals, today we need you here"). At the end of your contract, they will spit you out, because you didnt sell enough memberships and because they have no openings and it's really hard to become full-time - when in reality they will need people but will just hire new seasonals.
Cons
cut-throat environment, overly competitive collegues - most of all don't even bother getting to know seasonals
Working for Costco was stressful especially in Membership, You would get rude customers and un patience customers but you always have to keep a happy fake face on, make sure your giving them 100% of your time and listen whatever they need to help them fully even though you know you want to but you have to because it's our job.
I loved working here, felt like family. Everyone (well except maybe 1 or 2) was very friendly. If you did your job there was no issues with management, if you were willing to learn and work hard you would get trained in different departments.
Its been a wonderful journey so far to be a part of one of the largest wholesale companies globally, great opportunity to learn in a fast paced organization which requires us to be multi-tasking. The most enjoyable part of this job is to meet people from all round which is something I love because of my outgoing personality. I love the management and enjoy their support in every day activities at work.
Pros
Great monetary and added benefits
Cons
Not a typical 9 to 5 job.
good customer service, great management very flexible with schedule , friendly environment , fun experience at Costco, good opportunity, great pay ,
I enjoyed my time working at Costco but I felt I was overlooked for advancement opportunities. The criteria for advancement kept moving and I left for a better/higher paying job. But would recommend this place to others.
Pros
Good employees, frendly enviornment
Cons
On my feet for the whole shift.
worked full-time up front by the cash. i sold guest memberships, executive memberships and american express cards. wasn't always the easiest job but it was fun.
I offer current and new members information on the programs and services available to members and the advantages of these programs and services. I work both at the membership counter and I approach members at the cash both using my own initiative and when called upon by the cashiers. The best part of my job is the interaction between myself and the members. I am a "people person" by nature and I have fun and enjoy talking to people and explaining what membership in Costco has to offer. I appreciate the feedback from fellow employees, management and the members. Sometimes members do not appreciate the scope of my job and what it entails but most are considerate, understand and want to learn about their membership and how it can be enhanced.
Pros
working with people and being appreciated for the work i perform.
Cons
extended hours on your feet.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Costco Wholesale?
Always busy, counting members coming through door, maintaining proper tempratures in all coolers and fridges, counting dvds etc. handing out coupons
Pros
great hours, holidays off