Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Member Services Representative

the fact that staff celebrate the length of work with a wall and name badge shows the pride of employees and the corporation in employee retention. not a overtly challenging role, can leave at work and take very little home.great support for new and long time employees during COVID (and adjusting around school schedule); PPE, support in customer/member opposition, time offsupervisors and managers are generally respectful and fair, even if i dont like what is being asked - i respect them and know they are doing what is best for the team. skylights in Guelph location promote connection to the outside, reducing ecological footprint through reduced electricity costs
Pros
complementary membership, staff meal nights, supportive supervisor/managers, work-life balance possible, sunday premium pay, costco COVID thank you pay maintained, Guelph location full of natural light from skylights
Cons
grumpy lifelong cashiers, busy bodies (general workplace politics), wish more signs were approved from head office for increased clarity (particularly during COVID)
No time to slack off at work, after all it's work. Good management, plenty benefits and positive work atmosphere. It's really competitive to get a job here but you'll realize why after landing a job there (they hire the best people) and so 99.9% you find all colleagues OK to work with and even if you find that 1 colleague that's a grouch, they come around, eventually....
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Able to acquire new skillsGreat staff to work withExpectations clearly definedSupport from superiors and other staff very goodSuperiors were very approachable
Pros
ability to meet and talk with many different people
Cons
only option for work is seasonal - would like more job security.
Great place to work! Would still be working there if my schedule didn’t conflict with my husbands. Aside from some gossip with a lot of the ladies, it was enjoyable for the most part. Certain cliques got fast tracked to supervisor/ manager when it wasn’t earned.
Pros
Raises based on hours worked. Pretty flexible with hours.
Cons
Sometimes you get beat out for posted based on seniority, not necessarily experience.
I despise working at this warehouse. Sales comes before safety or sanity. Members are pushed in and coronavirus protocol is broken daily. We are overworked and mistreated by many people in management positions.
Pros
They pay you
Cons
It will cost you in the long run
I liked working at Costco however some of the management is not supportive or helpful. They tend to pick favourites and stick to them. They back their members more than their staff. If you have a dispute with a member even as much as that member calling you a racist for during your job, management will side with the member. There is maybe 2 managers that will have your back and maybe 3 supervisors
Best place to work at! I enjoyed all the time I worked there. I couldn't go back at my work because I'm a single mother and can't work weekends. If you fet a job there, keep it. I love Costco
Overall good company to work for, they are really good about encouraging cross training within the warehouse. They provide a very open work environment and implement the open door policy if you ever have a problem.
Great place to work. Always respect authority and the word of others.. stretch and never put the body in the line. Managers are compliant and allow schedules to be quite flexible.
if you can learn on the job this is the place. Fast paced doesn't begin to describe this environment but it's interesting how they are still able to please the Customer at the end of the day. Training is on the job, be prepared to ask lots of questions and get them answered. Supervisors are not afraid to help you if your willing to learn, and they are very positive.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
on your feet
There are some amazing people that work there, and some not so great. The atmosphere there is changing-more sales pushing oriented. Little support for the smaller departments and managers don't always back you with customers (members) Overall, hardest was constant schedule changes and the work/life balance due to this. Ov
Pros
Some co-workers, and benefits
Cons
Lack of support in small departments
awesome place to work! Awesome staff and management. one big family. management is very understanding when it comes to calling in or requesting time off.
was an employee, loved working there until i hurt both shoulders. couldnt't do my job so i was let go. but i loved working there benefits r good and co workers are great
The business really takes care of its employees! Lovely working here for almost 3+ years! Apart from its competitive wages, flexibility for hours is also very rewarding!
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Nil
such a great place to work. team work is an asset. as well as communications with customers and other employees. benefits were amazing. would highly recommend this job.
The 12 years I worked there, I can only say they helped me a lot in life and has been the best company I have worked for or heard of so far. The follow rules and the law very closely. You will always get your breaks, and be asked to work overtime.
Pros
Employee free lunch
Cons
Alot of employees
Great for seasonal work. They always hire seasonal but then they lay off everyone they hired. Job advancement is minimal and it takes forever to move up.
Pros
Sunday paid time and a half
Cons
Management seems to not care about employees
They promise a good competitive wage when in reality they pay just over minimum wage. The benefits aren't bad but still nothing to boast about. The management only see you as a number and do not care about most people. To them you're just a number.
This is a fast past work environment consistent multitasking is a key skill to work here I would say. Definitely a fun work place, you will definitely make friends here - Also this company has numerous opportunities to move up
Pros
free membership
Cons
hard to get weekends off
It was a neutral experience. Can not complain about management or work environment. A typical day is was you would expect for working in customer service and the management usually tried to make the experience enjoyable
Pros
free lunches, good managerial support
Cons
Rude customers
I really Like to work with a team, its more fun. time goes so fast. work done so fast. We learn more when we are working in a group or in a team. I love to work in weekends.
  1. Member Services Representative