Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Meat Carver

Good employer ,good work place and good co worker.in my time i work at costco its been great and honor to works and they give support and proper training too every step o the way so thanks costco great experience from your for me thanks again.
Pay is fine with an extra $ on Sunday’s but Management is awful they’ll talk bad about employees and let said employees treat everyone like garbage just because they can. After being treated unfairly by coworkers I was told to grow up and get over it. They’ll hire you as part time but make you work full time hours just so they don’t have to give you full benefits. Scheduling is awful as well.
The management hierarchy makes it impossible to advance if management personally does not like you. Despite being an employee who has trained multiple new hires, taken on extra tasks, and proven to be up to the challenge, I got snubbed for promotions or new positions repeatedly. It's discouraging to work hard to train a new hire, just to watch them move up before you do because management simply doesn't like you. This coupled with the attitude of the employees makes for a dreadful work experience.
Costco required you to be quick and decisive on what tasks to give priority. You needed to always work with coworkers to see what tasks needed to be done. Most workers are nice and helpful when first starting.
Great benefits and a competitive wage you may have to start as part time but eventually you'll get full time they give you paid vacations, as a new hire you get a minimum of 25 hours a week but have the ability to pick up extra hours in other departments as long as you dont go over 40 hours in a week, the give you 8 sick days a year as well as 5 family days .
Very productive environment, I enjoyed working there. Although there was a lot of heavy lifting required in the meat department, my co- workers were really helpful and easy to work with.
Costco is great, but because of how fast paced it is, your learning curve is difficult. If you can't keep up with a super fast work environment, then don't apply.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Stressful from start of shift to finish.
Worked in Meat Dept. specifically. Pretty good environment, moved on because I'd had enough of being in the cold all day and around the loud machines. Also wanted to move on from shift work. They pick up lots of seasonal workers during the summer and Christmas holidays, which is great for those in school looking for extra money.
Pros
Extra pay on Sundays
Cons
No overtime if weeks are scheduled back-to-back
The business allows a lot of potential for growth, would recommend applying. Good benefits and management listens to you. Here I learned to develop my leadership skills, the directors and I maintained a special relationship. The environment really allows for you to find friends for life in there, the best part was coming back day after day and seeing the same people smiling.
I was a meat assistant so it was fun to cut, prepare and serve happy members. also, there were opportunities to assist in other departments. so lots of chances for advancement
This job taught me how to interact with the average customer that will come into your store. Costco has lots of customers daily, allowing me to interact with lots of people. Doing so I have learned to master my customer service voice. Management wise, my specific location could have done a better job of informing all employees of weekly workplace changes. Seeing as this was my first job I didn't know all the rules and regulations when it came to having one so I had to learn everything step-by-step as I made the mistakes working.
Cons
Non-flexible hours
Kind of leaves you empty if you don't have ways to escape. Retail is not for everyone. But if you are looking for security and a chance to move up with hard work and alot of time Costco is a great place for you
i am part time of meat assistant in costco.They only paid us minimum pay when i employed.I am got 25 cents extra because i have been worked 1040 hrs on Oct,2018..Costco has lot of work in each dept and they will push u work fast(they want u work like robot).Their schedule for every week different ,u have to available from Mon to Sun 6am to 11pm at any time.They only guarantee at least 25hrs a week.Some weeks u get 30hrs,some weeks u get 28 or 35hrs.If u lucky u will get 40hrs,but no more than 40 hrs because they dont want pay overtime..........they are liar they advertisement they paid competitive wages(basic pay).
Pros
free membership
Cons
hard to promote to full time
Good place to work. Staff was friendly and worked well as a team. Didn't enjoy the lighting inside the building as I found my eyes were effected by it
Great place to be, full of advancement opportunities. Management is always helpful and watchful. A good place to be if you're looking for stable work.
Great company, great benefits, fair and just. Hours are not the greatest especially for part time employees. Takes years to attain day shifts. mostly afternoon / late evening shifts.
Pros
benefits, decent wages.
Cons
long hours and late hours.
Made new freinds and learned about meat. Got to share my knowledge with the customers and learned all about what costoc stands for with their customers.
Pros
close to home
Cons
A typical day at Costco would be making hamburger consistently, and making sure our services run smooth. The thing I enjoy most about this job is the communication between associates, and learning new and more productive ways to clean, these aspects are important in keeping the meat department running efficiently. I know it was nothing personal, but the management had a tendency to be hard on the staff, and their work. The hardest part of this job would likely be the weakly case cleaning.( It's hard on the back) I have thoroughly enjoyed all of my co-workers, they have taught me the ins and outs of the meat department, and they are a very friendly group individuals..
Pros
Free Coffee and Occasional free food in the lunch room
Cons
Cold environment, work with potentially dangerous chemical
Working in the meat department once you get there , you start working. Its a enjoyable work place because you're not isolated and surrounded by customers and co workers.
Pros
$4 dollar increase on wage on Sunday.
Cons
A lot of bending over while refilling merchandise.
Working at Costco as a seasonal employee, I wished I could've fully stayed on as a part/full-time associate. The people I work with are generally all nice people, really easy to talk to, and make the workday a little better. Typically, I would start by organizing and condensing the meat counters, and running to the coolers to see what I can bring out to the main floor. And then asking if there's anything needed to be completed afterwards. I learned how to package meat, work with the machines, learning to label the different kinds of product, and basic sanitation skills. The management in my department are nothing short of amazing. They always gave me something to do, knew how to keep me busy, and overall they're nice people who are easy to come to if I ever needed help. To me, every thing is hard before it gets easy. I guess that the hardest thing was making new adjustments to different situations.
I spend approx. one year working at Costco London North. I was hired shortly after my second interview and it was a very enjoyable working experience. The management is top notch and everyone is always offering a helping hand. They train you thoroughly and effectively, you will learn a lot in the first week. The salary and benefits are fantastic for new and existing employees. Everyone that works for costco is very happy to be there and recommends it to other people. I would highly recommend Costco to anyone looking for a new career in a great environment.
Pros
pay, benefits, fellow employees
Cons
weekend hours, long periods standing