Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Manager

Costco is a great company to work for with a lot of benefits and provides a great deal of new experiences. If you are looking for a fast paced environment you can't go wrong here.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits.
Cons
Shift work and weekends.
You will not have a life outside of Costco. Because they pay you well you are expected to devote your life to the company. There is no balance, either you are all in or you are not.
Cons
Awful managers
Jim Sinegal was the founder of Costco. He knew that if you kept your employees happy the rest would take care of its self. Since his retirement, this has changed and it shows. The employees are treated militantly now. If you are 1 minute late from your lunch, they record it. After 3 of these there is disciplinary action. WTF? Please get back to treating your employees like the assets they really are. Audit your employees happiness to the level you do everything else in your company. I was a manager for 24 years there. I know what I'm talking about. Pros Stability and the benefits are good. With the right Warehouse Manager, this can be a good place to work. Promotions are made from within. So there are managers in high positions that are not suited for the position they're in. Cons They will say the words "we understand people work to live not live to work" but in reality this is not the case. The general happiness of the employees is sorely in need of an upgrade. Costco is operated like all the classic American Corporation are. Everything is about the investors and not about the employees. You must "drink the Koolaid" to be promoted. Thinking is not welcome, it's done for you so just do what we say.
Pros
See above
Cons
long hours for Management.
Good company, excellent benefits. Easy location to get to, friendly co-workers. Be prepared to work hard, but also to be rewarded well for your efforts.
Room to advance. Many departments to train and learn from. Friendly people to work with and it's always good to enjoy our customers
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Costco Wholesale?