Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Maintenance Person

A lot work for just $14 dollars hour. People are amazing good cooworkers. But not enough money and hours. They offer 4 dollars extra on Sun but usually I worked 4 hours on Sundays and night shift.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
A few hours, not overtime
great work environment overall. was very welcoming and understanding. always gave me lots of hours and most customers are very respectful. very little downsides to working for costco.
Friendly group of people but extremely fast paced with little financial reward. Minimum wage and eventually shifts cut to 5 hours per shift. Makes it very difficult to pay the bills.
Was told I was getting a part time job then I was told it's seasonal after I quit my full-time thinking I have a part-time job while I can find a full time to have 2 jobs
Costco is a nice place to work. people are polite and very helpful. they treat each one with respect and honor. fun to work in costco. management are kind to worker.
I am very happy to work in Costco, is a wonderful place where you could have a amazing experience with costumer, different culture and opinion. Nice ,very busy place.
Costco offers a wide variety of entry level positions with the ability to change between the different jobs and locations throughout the world. Salary is competitive and excels industry average after a few years of service.
It's a decent place to work and the company as a whole is very reputable. Unfortunately it's usually part-time 20-30 hours fluctuating, and the management was a clique that poorly schedules day, night, day, night in every week which was too difficult to handle. The store is massive as well so you really have to prepare for too many customers, too much walking, and dodging forklifts right away. If you're the kind of person that does like a fast paced environment I would recommend it, the forklift guys are good at their job, just stay out of their way.
A typical day at Costco begins at 5am.The first 3 to 4 hours are very labour intensive.The floors have to be swept to remove all wood pieces from the floor that have been left behind from the forklifts moving skids of materials onto the floors all night.I probably walk 5 miles accomplishing this.It was tough at first,but now it has become routine with the benefit of feeling healthier as I have lost 15 lbs.The management is very appreciative of our hard work in getting the store ready for opening every morning and constantly thanks employees for doing a good job.Once the store is open I enjoy helping our customers locate items in this massive store that they cannot locate.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
working every weekend
Wonderful positive staff and management, I was responsible for the Maintenance department, keeping the warehouse clean. the most enjoyable part of my day was working with others and interacting with the members.
Costco was a great place to work, they were helpful with working around my schedule, giving me reasonable hours and job security was good. I decided to leave so I could start looking for work in the Electrical field.