Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Front End Associate in Winnipeg, MB

I was only a seasonal hire so I was only there for a few months, first thing I noticed was the welcoming and friendly culture between staff and coworkers. The job itself is well described as controlled chaos, your shift could be crazy busy or it could be a comfortable flow. I got to interact with all kinds of people, lots of very friendly customers. one thing I noticed was the amount of people who had been working there for 5,10,20,25+ years and made a good living as part of the team. It really goes to show that Costco puts investment into taking care of their employees
Pros
Free Costco membership, decent starting wage with room to grow, everyone raves about how good the benefits are
Cons
Shift start/finish time is very sporadic. Would be nice to have a fixed schedule
I loved working at Costco, so much that i am going back seasonally until they hire me permanent part time. I would recommend working at Costco to anyone.
This place rocks. I had worked there for just under 2 years and made a lot of good friends. Unfortunately I had to leave because the environment for me (with social anxiety) would leave me feeling very distraught and stressed on holidays, weekends when they were especially busy. There is room for advancement and they pay/benefits are great for retail. The one thing about the company is that advancement is based on seniority not necessarily work ethic/qualifications.
Pros
Great co workers and opportunity to move around in the company
Cons
Gets very stressful/overwhelming when it is busy
People are fun to work with, with plenty of work to do, always keeping you busy. Managers of the front end are respectable and knowledgeable about the company
It was an amazing place to work, where effort is noticed and willingness to complete tasks is valued. The group became a second family and I loved spending my time there, both on and off the clock. I will gladly work for the company again.
Pros
Benefits at part time.
Cons
Scheduling can be difficult to book around.
I worked here for 3 months in front end and it was a great experience! My managers and co-workers were all super friendly and had no problem showing me the ropes, It wasn't a hard job to learn and it was so fast paced that time went by really quickly. The Managers would always made sure you got your breaks and they would usually mix you around a little bit so you're not doing the same job all day. There is really good advancement options and they encourage you to as well.
Pros
Scheduled breaks, very friendly work environment, great advancement options.
Cons
Can get repetitive, can be stressful.
The job is quite demanding as you are on your feet all day and have to deal with members the whole time you are there. Other than that, it would be a fun job to work at if the management wasn't idiotic. Favoritism, scheduling problems, unrealistic expectations... you name it. I felt constantly belittled and underappreciated. And not to mention all the petty gossip and drama that occurred between employees. Just toxic, toxic, toxic. STAY AWAY.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Toxic work environment
This company pays well and has great benefits. All hired staff are hired as "part time seasonal" and they can refuse to keep you after 90 days. If they choose to keep you on, it takes about 3 years to get a full time position. They work as a seniority company instead of going by who's more qualified for a position when considering people for employment opportunities within the company. They do not work around any outside scheduling so if you have another job, make sure they're more lenient with schedule compromising. They do have a great student program if you are a university or college student and will work around that schedule if you have proof of acceptance and a schedule.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
takes a long time to move up and no schedule leniency
Fast Paced Environment. Busy from start to finish Management Fair and gave clear instructions of Expectations Job more Physical than you'd expect but gave a good challenge
The job was fast paced and required attention to detail as well as the ability to be social. the job was fast paced and required many different you to perform many different tasks
I learned how to be responsible. A typical day at work began with greeting customers, encashing and processing their orders, answering their queries, updating them about upcoming promotions and events, towards the end of the day we greet customers and assist with cleaning the store. Management is very responsible and welcoming to new staff. Workplace culture is responsible and understanding. I didnt find anything difficult at work. I had issues with commuting to this place from my house, but that is a very personal problem. Meeting new people.
Pros
Sunday Premium, Workers Compensation, Cpp, Student Benefits.
Cons
Close to airport, far from university residence.
Learned cashier skills, losts of customer service, enjoyable to work at. Usually a busy place. Upbeat environment with great employees
Staff are very friendly and supportive. They help you and they are very reliable. The workplace is good and you can learn a lot from the staff. They are readily available to answer your questions.
Perfect job opportunity for anyone looking for a fantastic permanent part-time position with flexible hours. Costco has great opportunities for employing students as well!!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Working all weekends
Loved working here. Treat you really well it was hard work but it was nothing when you consider the pay and they way they treat you
Costco Wholesale is a great place to work with awesome benefits and great staff! Everyone always seems upbeat and enjoying what they do. They are not afraid to laugh and have a quick conversation on the job because if you don't communicate, the department doesn't work as a unit, and that is key! They always put you first and are always there to help whenever you need, you never feel alone!
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
fast pace can be tiring
Assist Cashier - Pack customer's cart or box - Retrieve Items or Item Numbers for CAshier Bring Carts Back into the Building Clean the Warehouse
great working environment nice managers nice co-workers learned a lot