Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Front End Associate

place sucks
Front End/ Membership Clerk/ (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC21 February 2018
managers are mean, work is under appreciated. get out while you can. wage is good i guess but they treat you pretty poorly, overall the benefits and the wage make up for the misconduct of managers, but it is to the point of of bullying.
Productive and Fun workplace!
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 January 2018
Very friendly and a great employer! Love Working with Costco. I would go back any day! Their a quick fast paced company, that everyone loves shopping or working with :)
Pros
Friendly staff.
Cons
Busy
Can be a very good employer but the drama and infidelity is outrageous
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Moncton26 January 2018
I have witnessed High member of management (married) have an affair with a subordinate and promote her. When the wife found out and caused massive scene the director was transferred and the subordinate was able to keep her promotion. She went on to continue that exact behaviour for years with management and married members and was promoted to manager yet again. She treats everyone like terribly, receives written complaints one after the other and management protects her because they all sleep together!
If this is your thing, get great pay and sleep with everyone you work with Welcome to Moncton Costco!
Pros
Great benefits / pay
Cons
Drama / massive infidelity / reward poor behaviour
Stressful work environment, quick-paced
Cashier and Front end assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 January 2018
It was very stressful, you never got your breaks at the same times, sometimes an hour in, sometimes 4 hours depending on how busy.
You need to be able to work fast and efficiently.
Members can be mean when they dont get what they want.
They are quick to move people up if they see potential.
There is a dress code and you need comfy shoes.
Pros
time goes by quick
Cons
Very busy all the time, stressful work environment, and body aches.
Great company.
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 January 2018
I have been employed for many years at Costco. I have worked in several departments. My experience here has been life changing. I make a decent living, have great benefits and love my Costco family. Thank you Costco, for making my life better, happier and stable.
A respectable and fast paced work environment
Front End Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC15 January 2018
Honestly one of the best places I have ever worked (seasonal position). Amazing management who really cares for their employees. Not a place to work at if you're looking for easy pay. You put in the work, you'll be respected. I would come back here in a heartbeat.
Amazing job and management but awful hours
Seasonal Cashier/Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BC30 December 2017
this job has an amazing atmosphere and coworkers. our management was nice and easy to work with. training was on the go and not always comprehensive but you figured it out quickly.
Pros
free membership, awesome benefits
Cons
lack of hours
Management and enjoyable part of working in costco
Costco Front end assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 December 2017
Always a busy day, Learned till. Getting carts/buggies are hard.
Management has a hard time changing time schedules even though they have options. One employee quit because she had another job and asked them to schedule her in the afternoons management she couldn't so she had to leave costco. She asked them to schedule her 530-1030 but they kept scheduling 230-1030pm or 6pm - 11pm.
Best part would be the normal/ frontend or costco employees they're fun to work with always in a good mood and talking to friendly costco members.
Fun and good work environment
Front End Cashier/ Cart Pusher (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 November 2017
Was extremely positive and lots of skills were learned and plenty of opportunities were provided for advancement through the company.fjelfkekfifkrkcjdjdj
Fast pace environment
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON28 November 2017
Fast moving environment that required one to keep up a positive attitude and fast pace. An average day consisted of moving from place to place, from duty to duty based on the staff and needs of the warehouse. You were expected to keep up and work efficiently regardless of the task at hand.
Very fast paced
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 November 2017
It is a fast paced environment where you have to be able to pack groceries quickly and efficiently. If you are not able to do this, then this job might not be for you.
amazing team and great opportunities.
Front End Service Clerk and Membership Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC21 November 2017
Working for Costco is great, along with the fact that everyone is a team player. Teamwork is what you can get and what you can see when working for this company. You will be given the opportunity to work in the majority of the departments depending on your experience and skills. But they never limit you, because there are always new opportunities for you to experience. Even if you don't have experience in a department, they'll give you training so that you'll feel confident enough to do it yourself. I was personally given the opportunity to work in many departments. Every day at work a new door is opened for you. Your voice and your concerns will be heard and will be considered. The company always has your back. Whatever the situation may be, you always have your leaders backing you up and helping you every step of the way.
Pros
doors are opened to new opportunities and new challenges
Cons
hours are unpredictable, some shifts are worked outside in harsh weathers
Fun and Safe work environment
Front End Assistant/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 November 2017
Working at Costco was great since it taught me to communicate better with customers and be able to manage busy workflow. The best thing about Costco is my coworkers- they were just great and made every day at work enjoyable.
Best Workplace for students
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 November 2017
I learned how to be responsible.
A typical day at work began with greeting customers, encashing and processing their orders, answering their queries, updating them about upcoming promotions and events, towards the end of the day we greet customers and assist with cleaning the store.
Management is very responsible and welcoming to new staff.
Workplace culture is responsible and understanding.
I didnt find anything difficult at work. I had issues with commuting to this place from my house, but that is a very personal problem.
Meeting new people.
Pros
Sunday Premium, Workers Compensation, Cpp, Student Benefits.
Cons
Close to airport, far from university residence.
Best retailer to work for
Front End Cashier/Representative (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON6 November 2017
Costco Wholesale remains the best retailer to work for. I had felt that I was working for a big retail giant being a strong company with good moral and ethical values and an emphasis on the business customer retention. Costco worldwide with close to to more than 800 business locations . I feel honored and proud to say that I am still part of this big retail giant."
Pros
Cons
Honestly, Nothing bad to say
Great Place
Seasonal Front-End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 November 2017
Company cares about employees. How to advance within the company is very clearly laid out. Hires internally before externally. Great company culture. Would have continued with this company if it was not for school conflicting with ability to do so.
Productive work enviroment
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 October 2017
Working at costco made me realize that always being good to your paid members has its benifits and that learning to work in a fast pace comminuty has its perks
Great Company to work for!
Front End Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Merivale, ON24 September 2017
Never gets dull working for Costco and hard work is usually rewarded, once you get in. Lots of variety in day-to-day tasks! Great group of co-workers with training provided. Could take a while to advance to full time position.
Pros
Fast based and lots of customer interaction.
Cons
Could take a long time to obtain full time status
Great Work Environment
Seasonal Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC7 September 2017
Working at Costco was a great experience, the management is wonderful and the employees are very welcoming and friendly. It is mostly easy work with very few challenges.
Pros
coworkers are extremely easy to get along with
Cons
hard on the feet, requires a lot of standing
Gave me my first summer job in 1998
Seasonal Front End Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 September 2017
Costco was a great place to work as a student during the summers. Fast-paced environment with lots of exercise running around the warehouse getting/returning product, helping the cashiers, packing merchandise at the till.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Constant noise and harsh warehouse lighting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2