Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Food Service Associate

All jobs start as seasonal positions the chances of being hired is 50/50. Great work environment, friendly staff members. Lots of perks to the job if hired on permanently.
Pros
Fun work environment, great staff and fast paced your always busy.
Cons
Low chance being hired on permanently
Most of my co-workers were fantastic to be around and work with. We became very good friends and through that, we're able to work very efficiently and play to each others strengths. If a job was particularly hard for one person others would step up. Management was very understanding of most concerns we had. Food Court is much more involved than most people realize so it's a lot on your feet and moving around.
I liked working there but it got hard sometimes when the customers get frustrated. the staff and workers are very helpfull and friendly. but the shifts was kind of scaterd and random
worked at costco wholesale as a seasonal employee. experienced were fine, very busy place and it's a fast-paced environment. Management were fine and treated employees fair
Good place to work, you put in the hours and it's worth it in the end, the staff was really nice and the pay is good to start if you want to work there in the long term, also lots of position to choose from.
The pay is great, there are good benefits that come with it. But management can be very pushy & not understanding most of the time. You are able to transfer to other stores or other departments if you'd like a change. The Stores are very busy so be prepared to work hard.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Busy stores
Would recommend for starters and people that would like to stay with the company. I had very good benefits and customer service was priority there.
The only reason I left is due to a car accident not being able to handle the concrete floor any longer. It was going to be my career. How many people can say that about a box store? Love and miss my Costco Family♥
Pros
Great family like atmosphere
Cons
retail weekend work
Its a fun working and face paced working environment. Being multicultural gives everyone equal opportunities to develop in the company. The easiest part of the work is to not to work under some kind of stress or tension.
Very easy staff to get along with. lots of hours availible. but they cap you in the positions. part time no overtime, full time no overtime. so theyre isnt room for extra money to be made
Very fast paced, always a task to do or Members to help. Great people kept the work fun and dynamic. Sometimes free food is brought for the employees for events or birthdays.
Pros
good people, fast shifts
Cons
sheer number of people can get hectic
A great enviroment to work with. Always a busy place but challenging. Learned other works from other departments. Able to practice and enhance my customer service.
I really enjoy working with my co workers and costumers, everyone's really friendly and helped each other out. its a great place to learn and acquire new skills all the departments work really well together.
I wake up early to get the kitchen ready of the never ending wave of customers. This part of Costco is definitely a faster paced part. No time for stopping. It certainly doesn't get boring there though, anything can happen and my co-workers were very nice and exciting.
Pros
Kept me active, never boring, good supervisor
Cons
A lot of hard work, lots of heavy lifting, never stops, could get too busy at times
Working at Costco was an amazing work experience and it was also fun. My coworkers were very friendly, helpful, and patient. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment, learned customer service skills, and learned how to work on cash. Management was very nice. In my experience there wasn't really a hard part. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to learn and experience the customer service, fast paced work environment.
• Assist store managers in reaching store objectives • Ensure customer satisfaction is being met • Prepared Food • Cashier • Inventory
Duties- Prepare food items to sell to costco members such as pizza, hotdogs, poutine, chicken strips and fries etc. i learned how to work in a fast pace, high stress work enviroment. i also gained customer service experiance as well as thinking on my feet. This job is not for everyone. you must be 18yrs or older to work in any of the food departments and have food safety certificate.
Pros
Free Membership, automatic 25 cent raise after three months plus benefits
Cons
long hours, need to be flexible, be able to work early mornings and late nights
Costco Wholesale is an amazing company, there's room to grow regardless of what position is initially given. The staff and managers are approachable and are helpful even in the tightest situations. Any work done within the warehouse is meant to be done as a team and not a solo operation. The warehouse also provides variety in daily tasks and routine, because it's customer based the same "stock and buy" routine is there but the amount of people that are dealt with on a daily basis changes so much, that the job feels different every time. Even though Costco is a "Big Box" retailer, it has so much more to offer, the employees are happy to be there and it loses any stereotypes given to it once you understand the company a bit more.
Pros
Great people, Routine, Positive Environment, Flexible
Cons
Some late nights required, Some early mornings required