Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Demonstrator

learned communication skills learned marketing skills learned various things about cooking and selling the product. made new friends friendly environment
enjoy working with lots of customer to be served with. A fast paste work area and lots of fun having doing the job even the salary is not really good and not full time.
Pros
free food taste
Cons
short hours
Employees that have been with Costco for many years tend to be abrasive and unhelpful to new colleagues. Clique would be a good word to describe the atmosphere.
Pros
Big staff
Cons
Walk throughs
A typical day at work would be arriving before 11:00am, going to the PWC;s office, finding out what to do, setting up the table for the demonstration wearing gloves & hair net, at the end of each demonstration you have to sanitize everything!!!!! Or else the company will be sued!!!!!
Pros
Work experience.
Cons
Pretty much too much sanitation!
PWD is a separate company that worked with Costco. PWD was very disorganized, management was rude and didn't seem to care about their employees. I did learn a lot however. I learned many social and hands on skills, learned to work independently as well as with others. The hardest part was focusing on keeping up with the demands of samples as well as keeping track of how much product you've gone through which was also something I learned. I did however love my coworkers and a lot of the customers made my day.
I enjoyed working with the customers, lots of different types of people. Enjoyed being social and outgoing. Liked to explore what the store had to offer that I may want to buy. Did not feel welcome or comfortable with management and coworkers didn't feel like I had job security.
A huge company with corporate culture. Very organized, employee oriented managers. Working at food demo is a fun. I always enjoyed working as a food demonstrator.
Costco is a very nice place to work. working as a demonstrator and in the sales department made my communication skills improve and how to manage everything. The best part about working there is you get to meet new people and communicate with them.
Pros
good food, make new friends, fun place to work.
Cons
long hours standing
Wonderful co-workers, very approachable management. The team was always willing to help all new members, and provide as much assistance as required.
Management was great, very flexible schedule. Certain products were very fun to demo, and others were boring. Liked the job over all, but needed a bigger challenge.
demonstration of different products. I learned to try the different products of foods and distinguish strategies for demonstration. I helped my co workers and shared ideas to made a better place of work. Hardest part of my job when I had littler work. The most enjoyable part of the job was I tried the costumer.
Management and staff are always willing to lend a helping hand and are very friendly. Excellent experience.
Great place to work, friendly employees. I enjoyed meeting people every day and offering them the products to test.
Ok being a food/product demonstrator sucked!!! Very borin, standing for long hours, we worked 8 hour day but only got one half hour break that's it. Most of the times customers were very rude and didn't understand we were just giving out samples and providing info on products but were not experts on the products. We were just given a product that day we were working then we read what is one the box or wrapper pick 3 benefits than set up and give samples. Co workers were great, some had bad tempers but overall were nice people. There are mostly older ladies working there. Now this isn't a place to work if you need money to save because the new people only get 1 or 2, sometimes 3 days out of the week to work. Not many days so not much money.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
one break, little money, no benefits, annoying customers
Arrive at site 1 hour prior to shift start. Visual inspection done by assistant manager to ensure your uniform was correct. Incorrect, go home, no pay. If correct then check assignment list to see what you would be promoting. Take note of assigned lunch break. Set up table in assigned area, then pick up items required for assignment. Help other demonstrators if necessary. Begin completing promotion & shift forms. Costco opens. Promote, promote, promote. Manager & assistant manager do walk by assessment. Non-stop customer interaction, continue completion of promotion & shift forms. 30 minute lunch break - timed by assistant manager. Acquire more product if necessary (included in lunch break). Back to assigned area. Another walk by assessment done by either manager or assistant manager. Store closing - hand in completed promotion & shift forms to assistant manager, remove & put away items from assigned area, help others, tidy up all storage areas including trash disposal & washing/drying of any cook-ware, individual shift & promotion evaluation performed by assistant manager. 1 hour after store closing, go home. Hardest part of the job was standing in one place for 12 hours, as well as the feeling of being under a microscope due to the ever-constant management presence. Difficult enough being in one spot for the entire shift, let alone being under constant scrutiny & wondering if I'll still have a job at the end of my shift! Most enjoyable part of the job was going home - physically & mentally drained.
Pros
No formal education required
Cons
Constant scrutiny of mangement, no benefits, long hours being in 1 spot
a typical day at work started with grabbing a cart, some boxes, your bag with your allergy sign, table cloth, plastic table cover, hat, hairnet, and apron and putting on your hairnet and hat before heading over to the office to find out what product(s) you were demonstrating that day, retrieve all necessary paperwork, some necessary supplies such as 4-5 bags or boxes of large or small paper muffin cups or serving cups, and all of your purchased product(s) (if said product was food or drink). after everything needed from the office was in your cart you then headed to the back of the store and kitchen to grab your table or cooking cart and the rest of your supplies such as dishes before heading to set up where your product was located (or where 1 product was located if demonstrating multiple products) or before heading to cover a coworker if doing the later shift. once you arrived at your location for the day you set up your table, put the table cloth and plastic table cover on your table, put on your apron, put all needed supplies (such as 2 plastic serving trays) on the table put the boxes under the table with any supplies that wouldn't be needed immediately such as extra napkins and product, put all signs and price tags under the plastic table cover along with all paperwork and writing utensil, plugged in appliance if one was needed, prepared product by cooking it if necessary or putting it in a bowl start serving customers until your lunch break. at the time of your lunch break you either shut down your table if there was no one coming to relieve you or waited for one of your - more...
Pros
free food samples
Cons
long commute from home
Great place to work that is able to teach you the integrated skills needed for jobs in other companies.
A very enthusiastic place to work where I'm able to enhance my interpersonal skills and learn more about a work-force.
Get set up with my napkins, tray, food products, and samples on the tray for the customers to try.Work with others at different locations in the store,manager was nice.I enjoyed talking to the customersI disliked picking up garbage
Pros
free samples of food
Cons
standing on my feet for long hours