Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Demonstrator

learned communication skills learned marketing skills learned various things about cooking and selling the product. made new friends friendly environment
I have been through a lot both in and outside of work. The atmosphere is always changing, and as long as you can pull through the punches, it can be very rewarding.
A typical day at work would start with check in ,preparing snack cart equipped with paper towel,sanitizer, gloves,trays,snack cups and bags or boxes of the snack assigned to you.We also bring out a garbage bin for used snack cups and a mat to stand on. The snack station will be in same aisle as the snack being sold. We warmly greet customers proceed to provide nutrition, sales information and directions to the product being sold.We allow customers to grab a sample off the tray.Your snack station will be busiest on Friday and Saturday because that's when Costco is busiest. At the end of shift we wash trays and wipe down carts together before we checkout for the day. Most challenging part of the job was that your shift will change often it was hard for me to keep up with the schedule.I overall enjoyed the job very much.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Shift changes too often
I like to interact with customers there and serve food to them. It was fun working there and I like to work as a team there. I have learned many new things there which improved my skills.
One on one customer service really helps you grow more socially. Awesome environment if your goal is to not be bored . Fare amount of time given for breaks
I worked the Orillia outlet, which was busy, but not CRAZY busy (Barrie store). I am compelled to differentiate because I even found shopping at the Barrie store quite stressful: it can be crowded & eclectic. The retail work itself is busy but enjoyable. Customers pay a membership fee--hence, they are generally very considerate.
Totally for having experience job in Canada is good .Management is good . She is a really good boss but I want to improve here and find a good job based on my experiences in job before .
Great communication skills and a lot of patience is needed for this job. Sometimes it’s difficult to juggle dealing with more than 200 people passing by, usually with their children. It does allow individuals to meet interesting folks. It’s a job with its ups and downs, really just depending on how you look at the experience.
Costco samples are well loved among members, food safety training is provided- Keeping busy throughout the shift is easy if you love the product your promoting- can seem long and boring if you don't.
Standing for almost 8 hours straight and dealing with customers isn't the easiest, but some days you get to meet very interesting people with wonderful stories to tell. Restocking and setting up your own work station is a bit difficult at the start, especially if you don't know any of your co-workers and have no assistance, but you learn to deal with it and also expand your social network. Be careful of running children and wild carts.
Pros
Interesting people
Cons
Standing for 8 consecutive hours and dealing with angry customers
Working as a Costco member was an amazing experience! I worked with different age groups so I learned a lot of detailed knowledge about how to sell, how to engage myself with the customers, it was a lot of fun working at this environment!
Pros
Free Samples!
Cons
Short hours
During my time at Costco Wholesale I gave out food samples. while demonstrating nutrition and pricing information. The work culture involves worker morale and customer satisfaction. A typical day at work is fast paced since crowds of people approach our demo tables everyday. There is lots of responsibility following WHIMIS and Health and food regulations when new to the job. Management is very organized with our work schedules. The most enjoyable parts of the job is meeting and greeting visitors while demonstrating food to crowds; Its pretty thrilling to me. Learning nutrition information having small conversations about it with customers. A perk we have is trying out samples before selling them so that we provide our honest opinion about the food we provide.
Pros
Pay above minimum wage, health benefits, vacation time
Cons
I don't have negative to say because for a short period of time.
I am involuntarily writing because this is a requirement. I don't have anything specific to say about the job. I mainly just encouraged passerby's to try out the available product and inform them on the product.
I introduce the product that is new on the market and I let them try our products,if there a comment I will be happy to answer them,thank you very much.
This company was a subcontractor of Costco. Every day we must meet in the office and gather all the information and the necessary elements for the sampling of the products. The best part of the job was learning about new products, meeting people and practicing the language. The worst part was standing for long hours, without receiving payment after having sold the designated product in the middle of the working day.
Pros
-Learn about a wide range of merchandise from food to non-food produces like AC, blinds
Cons
Standing all day. No benefits.
I worked for a company called PWD, not directly for Costco but worked inside Costco. The job was demeaning and customers were rude. Good for a first job, but not in long-term. Management was alright, although they had no say in most things (everything came from head office).
Personally the management style and environment wasn't my fortay. Working in this position is not recommended to anyone with a food allergy or sensitive smell.
Pros
snacks on break
Cons
standing on feet for hours, odors
Would be a great job if full time Great for students or retirees Closing shift and then opening shift hard to make when you use public transportation
I really enjoyed it when I was working there they're very pleasant and they accepted my disability. I wished I worked there again and they gave me an opportunity.
It was a seasonal position. Here's what I did: o Successfully handled, prepared and served food to Costco customers o Interacted with customers, successfully convincing them to sample product o Responsible for sanitary preparation and cleanup of food service space
it is busy on weekends more family's come. you always have to be in a good mood everyone is respected equally we have long shifts your legs well start to hurt everyone is welcoming and nice to work with
Pros
free food
Cons
long shifts