Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Deli Associate in Ajax, ON

Great place to work Managers think to much of themselves though. Takes a long time to move up the ladder, as ppl just don't leave here Tough work, be fit. Workplace culture -- like a factory Hardest areas to work: Deli and Meat Dept.
Pros
good wages, benefits, fair and regular increases, bonuses
Cons
hard physical work
Costco is a great place to work. The only drawback is there is not much opportunity for advancement. They pay well, have good benefits and it is a fun work environment.
A typical day at work would entail me entering the deli and jumping right into whatever the team members were working on prior. It consisted of making entrees, salads, pizza etc. I learned that it really does help when everyone is working together. As it is a fast pace environment I believe that team work is the key to getting things done! Management is decent I love how they not only gave us direction but they weren't afraid to do hands-on work with us DAILY. My co-workers were awesome! The hardest part of my job was coming to a cold environment as I hate the cold very much it wasn't the greatest feeling, wearing four layers helped!
Pros
Extra pay on Sundays
Cons
It's hard to get a permanent position