Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Deli Associate

It was good. Fun, but demanding job. Lack of freedom, generally most people there are fairly comfortable so youll have to work hard to make up for them.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Extremely structured, manual labour
Wouldn't recommend, not very rewarding. Always worked extremely hard with it being unnoticed. Care more about sales than employees. Was bullied there, not only by employees but by management aswell
Great place to work. Employees were great. The respected eachother. Me when I got hurt they were really helpful and found another position for me. Would work there again.
I met lots of good people and was cross trained in other departments, which made it easy to pick up hours. Very busy location, Management was good in other departments. Long shifts, long hours, lots of evenings and every weekend you work being a part time employee
Pay is nice, work environment sucked. Senior employees will throw you to the dogs. I got minimal training and was expected to be able to do things on my own without being told what I was doing. I was not made to feel like I was part of the team. I was working full time hours while being part time and got no benefits. Senior staff does not care about your feelings and will ignore your helplessness if you cannot keep up
Workers and Employers made you feel like there was no better option than working at Costco. You have to compete with other employees seniority for a chance at full-time employment.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Easy work
Cons
Erratic Shifts, Competitive full-time
The benefits and job security are worth most of the work.. It depends on store location and when you come in. I came to the company when it was going through many changes and it hurt my pay grade. Many amazing people work at these locations. My main issue is how much they give to their senior employees. They keep asking for more and take from the people who are trying to get where they are. Advancement is very slow.. based on seniority. If you are young.. It's an amazing place to build a career. Some cashiers i know make 29.50 hr... If you're middle to older age group.. i suggest a a different look, because advancement is not performance base. I find the company holds a carrot in front of you with little ways of reaching it. But benefits are some of the best in the industry
I work here on weekends as I'm currently a student. When I'm there we're usually behind on production due to often being short-staffed. This makes the job a little stressful but our manager is pretty understanding so it isn't too, too bad. I really enjoy the people I work with though so they make up for the stress we often feel.
Management had no regards to anyones feelings, and couldn't see that a new worked takes time to get good at what they have to do. Wouldn't recommend working in the Service Deli at Costco, was very stressful due to management always on you about everything.
Everything good.Manager, work life balance, coworkers. Employee good work recognition. Plenty of room for advancement . Up to you how far you want to achieve your goal.
Pros
benefit, management
Cons
non
Great environment and friendly staff. Very organized and efficient in all manners. Employee oriented. Great management and flexibility with all staff. All hard workers, and willing to exceed expectations.
Costco is a very competitive when in comes on salary and developing its workers. They have the lowest employee turn-over. They will take care of you any time.
Had an awesome Time working their, my boss was very accommodating to the hours that I could work. Always willing to help and we worked as a team. Some days were more hectic than others.
So far I just started this new job. Not much I can say. But based on observations I am liking the new environment. I do like what they promise and what they bring.
Work with great people. Work is always constant. And you get paid very well for a retail environment. You earn more vacation time as you work there longer.
wonderful people to work with, learn a lot of procedures on food safety, a lot of hours to make at any time of the day. excellent benefits and salary.
Overall, Costco is a place that covers the cost of living with benefits, pension, competitive and reasonable wages with a massive group of friendly people. Teamwork is key, safety guild lines are strict and it’s a really fast paced environment! The training provided is a great experience and there’s many opportunities to move forward in the company! I’d highly recommend working for a company such as Costco
Management is lacking, some who are part of management should not have been put into that role. Very competitive and two faced, you need to be buddy buddy with the higher ups to go anywhere.
Absolutely no training, management does not care about hourly employees, tons of politics. Many people are unqualified for the positions they are in. Fresh was the worst, tons of people pretending to do their jobs then throwing the blame on part time employees. Over worked and over scheduled and under staffed.
Enjoyed working there worked full time had time off after car accident management in my department was horrible everyone else was great hardest part was trying to deal with manager
Worked in the deli. They have focus on food safety and customer service. Working conditions in the deli were less than ideal. The deli was kept at a temperature of just above zero.