Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Busy and fast-paced environment
Frontend Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2018
Given ours do not support a balanced life style, however a lot are given. Hourly salary was fair. A typical day was busy but not stressful. I have become stringer at working under a high-pressure situation. Management is really fair, as they consider your outside life schedule for schedule building. Hardest part of the job would be the heavy lifting required for loading assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet and interact with new people, such as customers and employees.
Pros
Plenty of benefits
Cons
Long and inconvenient hours
Very good workplace but can have its struggles.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 January 2018
Working at Costco Wholesales was quite the experience, had my first anxiety attack there. It starts off paying fairly well, if you are part-time you would generally work three eight hour shifts and couple of four to five hour shifts. Working there was a lot of fun at times, there's a great little community between all the employee's and everyone knows each other. During the holiday season, Costco can get incredibly busy and that can lead to lunch rushes or dinner rushes and those are very difficult at times.
Pros
Three breaks, two fifteen minute which you are paid for and one thirty minute break which you are not paid for.
Cons
Depends on which area you work in but it can be really stressful and a lot can happen at once, especially during the holiday season.
very great team member to work with.
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2018
Check logs for incoming daily products. Organize staff schedule. Complete order and receiving data. Make complete inventory safety checks.Check with each cashier to make sure cash is correct. Fill in with all aspects of costco team members when needed
Pros
great team members
Cons
some very heavy lifting of products.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2017
Costco has a good work atmosphere and is a great place for students to work as they are really flexible and also have an CSRP program which allows students to have days off when needed for extra studying time.
Productive workplace that teaches you many skills with great opportunities to advance in the company, with good benefits.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON16 November 2017
A typical day at work is fast pace, efficiency is a must. With it being a wholesale you we have members of all sorts coming to buy for business, their own personal use or even recreational and having happy members is a high expectancy at Costco, for employees. We need members satisfied and we do anything to make their visit easy and memorable so that they come back because they pay for our service. Enjoyable part of the job is that what ever department you work in that all employees are helpful to one another. Also from time to time the warehouse gives back to all employees for good work performance and excelling in sales. Hardest part of the job is to prepare for when ROM come to the buildings to make sure we are maintain and trying to excel in Costco standards.
Fast paced work environment with pressure driven management.
everything I did here was customer service (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC20 September 2017
In the 9 years I worked here I worked my way up to Forklift Driver. I was a very hard worker and improved many aspects of the job. I developed staff and exceeded expectations; very little recognition and positive reinforcement was given.
Pros
Reasonable pay and good benefits
Cons
Management is not very good at recognized and appreciated staff
Great for those that need security and want the ability to advance with great benefits and a decent job culture
Sales Representative & Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 September 2017
*A typical day at work is about helping members and completing your daily tasks
*Learned how to deal with every type of person and how to manage time effectively and efficiently
*Management is accommodating when they can be
*People are friendly and respectful
*Patience is a virtue
*Meeting new people
Good Place to be employeed
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 August 2017
Good place to work, flexible with home life, positive feedbacks and regular reviews
Can be hot depending on location in warehouse
Good staft and friendly people
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay scale
Great Place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 June 2017
I was a cashier assistant on a seasonal assignment. I really enjoyed working in the busy atmosphere. I was treated well. It as great place to work. I got along with all of my co-workers.
I was trained on my job and I learned quickly how to support customers and other staff members.
Pros
Supportive atomphere
Cons
busy
Productive and employees treat you like family
Lead manager/Customer Service sales (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC24 April 2017
Costco is quite the popular warehouse for merchandise and can get very crowded most times. It's requires constant focus to stay ahead of tasks and production is always being made to avoid any complaints.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Standing for a few hours can damage your body
Interestingly fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
The place is a great place to work if you are willing to put in the hours and years. However, if you don't wish to climb the ladder then its also a good place for an entry part time.
benefits
Customer Service / Membership Renewals (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 January 2017
Great place to work promising future but hard work. Good benefits and advancement opportunities.. Great team work and feeling work is family.
Pros
good Benefits
Cons
Hard Work
Outstanding Company
customer service and individual department duties (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 December 2016
Costco Wholesale is the leader in what a company strives to be.
There isn't company that can offer what Costco can.
They do what they do well, very well.
Pros
Stability/ Respect/ members first always
Cons
N/a
Amazing workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2016
Amazing environment. I enjoy working there. You can schedule any day(s) off as long as you are available. Sometime you have to rush to do your duties, but this is part of this job.
Pros
You can schedule any day
Cons
Can't work full time
Wonderful staff. Very efficient company!
Customer service provision (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 September 2016
I loved working at costco because it was very fast paced but it was relatively easy to cope due to the support of more experienced staff. Management was also very good.
Fun and Productive environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 June 2016
The company did a good job at making sure that shifts were distributed fairly and the management was also very reasonable.
shift work crazy
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 June 2016
the store requires shift work for the needs of the business however it is crazy some departments how they require a close open close open .
Working at costco was a great experience
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 June 2016
The work atmosphere was great, and the coworkers as well as management are all nice people, adding to the enjoyable atmosphere when working there. The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with the enthusiasm of the employees have at times, as constantly talking to the hundreds of customers that pass through is very tiring, but at the same time, is the most enjoyable part of the job as well. Being able to communicate to all kinds of different people i otherwise would not have the chance to is something i greatly appreciate.
Well organized workplace, fun to work
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON24 May 2016
Workdays went by so fast from the structured shifts I was given. Each day I was doing a different task and I loved it. The co-workers were so friendly and so knowledgeable about every product in the store. I learned a lot from one month of working there.
Pros
Flexibility with your shifts
Cons
Cant work more than 8 hour shifts per day
Good Employer
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON6 May 2016
Good employer with above average wage, decent career outlook. Good growth within the next couple of decades, and continuing business success as its membership grows.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
No weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2