Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

was a great job but super confusing on how to switch shifts with people like you have to physically be there in person and have a manager sign off on both names idk but good
Pros
free membership
Cons
busy constantly
You don't have an specific position, they will move you around. If you are not friend of management, they will send you to push carts. Pays well, but treat really bad.
Pros
Wage
Cons
stressful, bad management, no respect
They talk motto but do not walk it...Walmart/McDonald's style culture. Intense training, sub par to practice application, 6mo contract (if you didn't drop out or asked to leave), competitive immature culture, fairly abusive all around to be honest. I fulfilled the 6mo, but would Not recommend it! I worked "customer service" for US contract.Ppl are/where disposable. Brutal, Truly Hellish
Pros
Needed a job, got one
Cons
Pay vs Sanity? Twisted
Horrible customer service using excellence plus plan. They claim to fix your electronics, instead they dont repair it and then keep your electronics without any options open. They refuse to negotiate, and then they delay multiple times to speak to supervisors and make excuses when you contact them on phone and dont put important info on the repair paper. I advise anyone to never get their warranty plan.
Very fast paced, can be very stressful if you have anxiety, and is very demanding. But it is a secure job with patient, understanding co-workers. Very friendly environment for more extroverted or more active people. The hours are a lot, but a good 9-5 job (can be as early as 8 am to as late as 10 pm). Too many hours can be exhausting and overwhelming but if it is hours you want, hours you will get! Also very secure job.
I worked there for a week I was hired to be at the customer service counter Until some dude with a gray tag asked me to clean the floor ( a grey name tag is a tag they give to people who spent 25 years at Costco but didn't advance or get a promotion mostly people with 2 digits IQ )
It was amazing and enjoyable place to work because all the manager cooperate with employees to sussed on they tasks. Costco kelowna site has amazing genaral manager and all the department manager are very helpful also.
Pros
Free snacks
I learned how to deal with the customers.The management are good there and really like the open door policy. The staff members are very cooperative and helpful.There are lots of opportunity for jobs and good working environment.
Great place to work, fun and always keeps you busy. I felt like my skills and abilities were not utilized to the most potential. but would recommend to a friend anytime.
Wonderful opportunity good experience fast service good food and great service from the management and stuff. You can grow up and with some help and challenges you can achieve better.
After standing in line at a job fair for 8 hours I had 3 interviews by different people then a fourth by all of them again . I was hired but then for a job I didn’t feel was what I originally applied for but felt I should try something knew. The had use all work against each other to produce the best number to further the company and then at the end of the season after I was told I’d be hired I was not.
If you have a good manager then you will succeed, there is guaranteed raises, benefits after 1 year. Some departments are harder than others. 5 am shifts. 2 weeks vacation.
The management is absolutely awful. There is a monopoly on management and supervision positions, as you have to know the right people and be friends outside of work. They do not take any of your health and safety concerns seriously, and then refuse to allow you to take matters into your own hands and provide yourself with proper PPE. Also, the fact that you have to sign paperwork stating that your (literally) 1-minute of swiping in early coming back from break is VOLUNTEER time seems a little desperate. I have never known such chaos in my life.
Pros
Quitting.
Cons
Pretty much everything.
Amazing and friendly environment. fun place to work. Also very fast paced ,everyone worked really hard.Assiting Cashier also customer service. Long hours and physical labor.
the work team is great i loved the competitive enviroment also the great help from the colleagues when is required, the serivice to the clients is top.
It was a beautiful place to work. A lot of processes and applications to learn. Good working environment. Supervisors are always available to support.
Great place with good people. Lower starting wage but if you stay you are treated well and there are many chances for advancement. Shifts in seasonal sales can cause hour shortage.
Costco is a great place to work, I didn't get as much hours as I would like and I wish students could continue to work with flexible hours that meet their schedule.
Costco pays amazingly good, yes... but they treat you like a dog... get worst if you are immigrant. Just check how many Managers are Immigrants? People are over stress and management are the worst ones... protecting their loved ones and giving the tuff for the rest.
Pros
Benefits and wage
Cons
Terrible schedule, horrible management
Good experience. Encourages collaboration with the team Shares ideas and techniques Builds strong relationships with others Displays a harmonious and cooperative spirit
Working for Costco was an amazing exercise my team leader was so helpful in any question I had about my work place. Caring and helping the customers was on of my favorite parts of the job.
Pros
great atmospher
Cons
didnt get benifits till 1 year
  1. Customer Service Representative